Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 User Thread

Default Re: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    If on win 7 premium and below edition, it's important to note that reinstalling 64bit version will result in your previous 32bit programs not being able to reinstall because 64bit win 7 premium and below is not backwards compatible. Only win 7 pro and above allows u to install 32bit stuff.
    u sure boh if dun know pls dun anyhow shoot...... i am using windows 7 home premium 64bit... i still can install both 32bit and 64 bit programs.... 32bit programs will be in c:\program Files(x86) folder and 64bit one in c:\Program fles

Quote Originally Posted by Omega23

u sure boh if dun know pls dun anyhow shoot...... i am using windows 7 home premium 64bit... i still can install both 32bit and 64 bit programs.... 32bit programs will be in c:\program Files(x86) folder and 64bit one in c:\Program fles
    Not all 32 bit softwares can be installed on 64 bit win 7.

Quote Originally Posted by daz105 View Post
    avesquare,zoom3, don't mind at all..thanks for the input. i know it violates all the rules for shooting high IQ pics

it was mainly a test of high iso, how high can i go that is acceptable for my use,wasn't meant for sharpness..shooting wide open for a start.
    @f/2(wide open) focused at infinity, the farthest objects noticeably sharper than the closer objects. i was just walking around straight out of the office..

as for shooting sharp pictures,i know a thing or two.. i'm a macro shooter (natural light) with 180mm stuck to a tripod + stopped down + cable release + mirror lock up... big challenge for me is having a slow shutter speed and wind, this is the reason i got the d600.. i can convert the improved ISO to shutter speed. will get to try this out next week
    Great. I thought this was the case. As most of us do with a newly acquired camera

Enjoy your D600.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Great. I thought this was the case. As most of us do with a newly acquired camera

Enjoy your D600.
    no issues at all, it goes to show the beauty of a community based forum such as this.. helping members to improve

took me some time to find this iphone pic.. my D600 will be replacing the aging D300 in my macro gear in the pic below, looking forward to shoot next week

All shot with the 24-85vr

Took this today. Nothing interesting happening on the bridge but that ray of sun was gone within 30s. This was at f16 almost full size image. My D600 confirm no oil stain

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton
    Took this today. Nothing interesting happening on the bridge but that ray of sun was gone within 30s. This was at f16 almost full size image. My D600 confirm no oil stain
    Splendid!

if i am not wrong i think most new 32bit softwares can be install on 64bit windows 7, only those legacy software may have issues

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    In Ang mo term, I really dig this shot
    Tks wofton and to those who like the pic

Quote Originally Posted by BTBFM2 View Post
    LOVELY.
    how did you get the yellow "luminance" at the center?
    Hi BTBFM2, tks ,and the yellow "luminance" is due to the shallow DOF effect

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Teo View Post
    Tks wofton and to those who like the pic

Hi BTBFM2, tks ,and the yellow "luminance" is due to the shallow DOF effect
    Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by teowws

if i am not wrong i think most new 32bit softwares can be install on 64bit windows 7, only those legacy software may have issues
    Thanks for input guys. Yesterday while processing pics, computer keep hanging guess will do the upgrade ASAP. My laptop got no other installations other than LR4 and Nikon free software, as I just changed the whole hard disk and motherboard 2 months ago.

I called up Acer, was quoted $40 for each 2gb DDR2 Ram and need to pay $50 installation charge. Cost of RAM is ok as I know Sim Lim sell in $30+ region (can save ERP and car park also as Acer near my home). I think I may go this route, safer for a PC noob like me.....suck thumb pay the installation charge.
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    Thanks for input guys. Yesterday while processing pics, computer keep hanging guess will do the upgrade ASAP. My laptop got no other installations other than LR4 and Nikon free software, as I just changed the whole hard disk and motherboard 2 months ago.

I called up Acer, was quoted $40 for each 2gb DDR2 Ram and need to pay $50 installation charge. Cost of RAM is ok as I know Sim Lim sell in $30+ region (can save ERP and car park also as Acer near my home). I think I may go this route, safer for a PC noob like me.....suck thumb pay the installation charge.
    watching youtube will save u $50. it's tat simple.

I have just tested D600 for infrared Shots...it looks like it built-in IR hot filter is quite tolerant.

Quite decent.... photo stats.... f3.2 1/40 ISO 3200, WB 2500k , +4.00 exposure with simple economical brand DHD ir72 filter...
    Last edited by wucy24; 8th October 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wucy24
    I have just tested D600 for infrared Shots...it looks like it built-in IR hot filter is quite tolerant.

Quite decent.... photo stats.... f3.2 1/40 ISO 3200, WB 2500k , +4.00 exposure with simple economical brand DHD ir72 filter...
    Did u also managed to do the preset WB like the old days D50 D70?
    My Flickr | Nikon D800 | Nikon irD50 | Olympus OM-D E-M5 |

Quote Originally Posted by silence View Post
    Did u also managed to do the preset WB like the old days D50 D70?
    Yes, i set to custom WB, and adjust to 2500K... to get rid of the red tint. After which still very red...need to further edit until preferred tint is achieved.
    Last edited by wucy24; 9th October 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Care to share which 32bit program's can't? Even if cant u can install in older window Compatibility mode.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee

watching youtube will save u $50. it's tat simple.
    I ended up buying in Sim Lim after reading in HWZ that upgrading Ram won't void warranty. Cost $60 for 8gb including installation. D600 files open, save and process way way faster now in LR4. Happy days ahead
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

Quote Originally Posted by unchecked View Post

All shot with the 24-85vr
    Would be more informative if the Exif data were included. Thank you.

Anyone has bought your MB-D14 & WU-1b?

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Would be more informative if the Exif data were included. Thank you.
    Actually all the exif info is there in the link when you click on the pics. lol
    Exif | DSC_2744_02 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Exif | DSC_2764_01 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Exif | DSC_2753 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast