Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Film scanning services

Default Re: Film scanning services

Quote Originally Posted by ewejin View Post
    I would target Novice photographers who shoot films such as Lomo or any other film photographers whom just want a better quality digitally but not for the Professional photographers who has higher expectations for their scan qualities. As far as quality of imaging is concerned, i'm sure those professional film photographers really know what they want and where to get their scans done. No offend intended to anyone out there, this is what i think from my point of view.

Cheers.
    Dear TS, you should try it. Nothing much to lose except your time, since you already are buying the equipment for own use.

Even if nothing comes out of it, the experience in trying will be invaluable.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Daoyin; 4th October 2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewejin View Post
    I would target Novice photographers who shoot films such as Lomo or any other film photographers whom just want a better quality digitally but not for the Professional photographers who has higher expectations for their scan qualities. As far as quality of imaging is concerned, i'm sure those professional film photographers really know what they want and where to get their scans done. No offend intended to anyone out there, this is what i think from my point of view.

Cheers.
    If you can do it better than Triple D, at similar prices, that will be great. They are very popular with novices and students but the problem with Triple D is that my film is frequently scratched, fingerprints left on it, and bits of paper, hair, dirt are often scanned in for free, and the scans were always overly, overly sharpened.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

IMO, just give it a shot since you will have the equipment anyway.

As long as the price is right, there might just be a market for it.

Hi Hart,

Then he should have posted it in the amateur areas rather than the photo biz / pro area. Ok I'm being pedantic here..

The reality is that even for amateur scans he's going to have to develop a really competent working knowledge of scanning and such things as colour management and profiling aren't a plus they are essential.

I agree entirely regarding drum scanning. Though as a posted above pointed out most of the Rerpo houses are now gone and it's getting hard to find quality drum scanning in a lot of cities around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Ian,

I think OP's audience would probably be novice who wants to shoot film and not wanting to scan themselves. Not really for professional usage.

I think it is better off just buying it to scan for yourself rather than scanning for others to be honest. I rather to be a photographer and not to worry about printing or scanning myself. Leave them to the pro who know their 2c.

Regards,

Hart
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hi Hart,

Then he should have posted it in the amateur areas rather than the photo biz / pro area. Ok I'm being pedantic here..

The reality is that even for amateur scans he's going to have to develop a really competent working knowledge of scanning and such things as colour management and profiling aren't a plus they are essential.

I agree entirely regarding drum scanning. Though as a posted above pointed out most of the Rerpo houses are now gone and it's getting hard to find quality drum scanning in a lot of cities around the world.
    Not trying to be pessimistic here Ian.

A very essential or pre-requisite requirement here in Singapore is very different from the essential other place in the world.

Whether people are used to lower standard or don't care about it anymore.

Just my observation.

Hart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12