Event: Wakefest Singapore 2012
Venue: Bedok Reservoir
& Times: Saturday, 6th October 2012
Qualifying Rounds (8:00 am – 7:00 pm)
Sunday, 7th October 2012
Semi-Finals & Finals (8:00 am – 6:00 pm)
Spectator Admission: Free
Competitors: Wakeboarding athletes from Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Thailand
Main Organizers: Singapore Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (SWWF)
Co-Organizers: Singapore Management University (SMU)
Sponsors: Rip Curl, Red Bull, Go Pro, Ski 360, The Wake Shop & PUB
Web Site: Singapore Waterski & Wakeboard Federation
• Wakefest will feature the best local and regional wakeboarders from Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Thailand.
• There will be event categories for athletes of all abilities.
• Top regional riders will be invited to compete in the Open Division
• Wakeboarding is a freestyle sport that has developed from surfing and waterskiing, with influences from skateboarding and snowboarding. Wakeboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world with competitors performing flips, tricks, spins and a variety of other gravity-defying aerial stunts, sometimes as high as 20-feet in the air.
• A competitive free ride format will be used and riders will be judged on 3 style categories: Execution, Intensity and Composition. Riders will perform complex maneuvers off the boat's wake.
* a tentative schedule of events will be announced one week before the event when entries are closed so please check back here