Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: looking for tele converter

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default looking for tele converter

    Guys... what is the price like for a tele converter for FZ20? Any brand would do.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Can range from $50 to $6xx, what brand you need?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    can try Olympus TCON17 1.7x tele. costs around $140. it's probably the highest quality tele for its price. avoid most of the 2x or 2.5x teles as they are usually wrongly speced (most are only ~1.3x).

  4. #4
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    can try Olympus TCON17 1.7x tele. costs around $140. it's probably the highest quality tele for its price. avoid most of the 2x or 2.5x teles as they are usually wrongly speced (most are only ~1.3x).
    But for this one, you need to get an adaptor and a step down ring to 55mm so you need to factor in the cost too.

    Cheers
    John

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    can try Olympus TCON17 1.7x tele. costs around $140. it's probably the highest quality tele for its price. avoid most of the 2x or 2.5x teles as they are usually wrongly speced (most are only ~1.3x).
    so cheap? is that for brand new or 2nd hand?

  6. #6
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nad
    so cheap? is that for brand new or 2nd hand?
    Brand new one. I bought my at $150. Second hand can be somewhere around $100.

    Cheers
    John

  7. #7

    Default

    Mpenza is right about the 2.5x being wrongly speced. Bought one and the tele effect is nowhere near satisfactory.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Brand new one. I bought my at $150. Second hand can be somewhere around $100.

    Cheers
    John
    That pricing is reasonable... but how much you paid for the adapter and the stepdown ring?


    Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    Can range from $50 to $6xx, what brand you need?
    Any brand would do... as long as it is able to attach FZ20

  9. #9
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Little Red Dot
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    Guys... what is the price like for a tele converter for FZ20? Any brand would do.
    I use the Panasonic LTZ10 and am very satisfied with it.
    I find there is no light loss and no degradation of images with the FZ10.
    It should be the same for the FZ20.
    It also comes with mounting bracket which would take the load stress off the camera attachment ring and position the setup for proper balance on a tripod/monopod.
    What I hate about it is it seems to take forever to screw onto the camera and changing between tele and wide-angle becomes tedious.
    Also there are no threads to mount closeup, UV, CP filters etc or hood.
    If anyone has any suggestions what I can get to fit close-up filter or hood on, I would be really grateful.

  10. #10

    Default

    how much is ltz10 then?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    the price of this panasonic tele-converter is not cheap...... check their US website that it cost USD$499.95.......

  12. #12
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Little Red Dot
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkist
    how much is ltz10 then?
    I got it new for $675 incl GST, bracket, lens pouch, rear and front end caps.

  13. #13
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Little Red Dot
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    the price of this panasonic tele-converter is not cheap...... check their US website that it cost USD$499.95.......
    Very hard to find in Canada and U.S. but available and priced lower in HK and Spore - S$670 - 680.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AncientMariner
    I got it new for $675 incl GST, bracket, lens pouch, rear and front end caps.

    wow...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AncientMariner
    I got it new for $675 incl GST, bracket, lens pouch, rear and front end caps.
    Oh my gosh, you actually went and got the Original Panasonic teleconversion and wide angle conversion!!!!
    With that kind of money, you could have got a premium lens for DSLR.
    RH

  16. #16

    Default

    so after putting it on, 36 become 18? or 1mm? hehehe....

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkist
    so after putting it on, 36 become 18? or 1mm? hehehe....
    chimmmm.....

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    chimmmm.....
    ops! it tele hor.. not wide hor? so after putting it on. can acheive 1000mm ?

  19. #19
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Little Red Dot
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhair78
    Oh my gosh, you actually went and got the Original Panasonic teleconversion and wide angle conversion!!!!
    With that kind of money, you could have got a premium lens for DSLR.
    Don't forget you first need a DSLR to use their lense.
    And what do you think a "premium" lens with IS, 35-420mm & F2.8 plus 1.4X teleconverter through the range would cost? Also what about the weight?
    I do own a SLR but looking at this, I guess such a lens would be at least equivalent to a dozen FZ20s (and more than I can afford): http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/40028afi.htm
    Therefore, I will still be hanging on to MY FZ10 AND LTZ10 come time to upgrade to a Minolta 7D.

  20. #20
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Little Red Dot
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkist
    ops! it tele hor.. not wide hor? so after putting it on. can acheive 1000mm ?
    It's a 1.5X tele so you shd get equiv of 630mm or thereabouts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •