Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: help on sharpness!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default help on sharpness!!!

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...87/testing.jpg


    hi guys, can u help me see if this is sharp enough? i don't really know to test this... i hope i'm seeing things. really scary!

    okies, this is what i did. i took a few photos in malaysia and when i went back home to process the pictures, the pictures seemed abit blurred. anyone using C1 Pro?

    hope u guys can give comments on the sharpness and any help available!! thanks!!

    100% cropped.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Whats wrong with the picture? If you are focusing on the first alphabet then it is quite sharp IMO.

  3. #3

    Default

    not sure what you mean by "100% cropped". if this image is 100% of the actual size, then it's not sharp. if it's been heavily cropped and enlarged, then the sharpness is reasonable.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    i cropped this part at 100%. my 100% is a 3076*2052 picture.. then i cropped that part out to see if it's sharp.
    side track qns: does anyone know how to see where i focused? i think in some softwares(maybe the zoombrowser? i'm using canon) can allow me to see where i focused?


    just to check.. some of my pictures are bit blurred!

  5. #5

    Default

    Don't think there is a software that will tell you where you focused.Looking from the picture, your depth of field is shallow, but definately its in focused and sharp. But whether is it at the right place or not.. only you will know.

  6. #6

    Default

    yes it is sharp enough. u focussed on the "T" and "P" area

    will look sharper with sharpening

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...87/testing.jpg


    hi guys, can u help me see if this is sharp enough? i don't really know to test this... i hope i'm seeing things. really scary!

    okies, this is what i did. i took a few photos in malaysia and when i went back home to process the pictures, the pictures seemed abit blurred. anyone using C1 Pro?

    hope u guys can give comments on the sharpness and any help available!! thanks!!

    100% cropped.

    C1 Pro as in Phrase 1 C1 Pro digital back>? ..... What camera? What f/stop do you use? How far are you away from the subject? But then your picture just have narrow depth of field. Don't think it is not sharp.

  8. #8

    Default

    Looking at the Exif, he used a 300D, 75mm @ F2.8 1/400s.... that explains everything.

  9. #9

    Default

    OT a bit
    Just in case people are wondering how he got the exif,
    you can use this IE/firefox plug in
    http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    hmm.. okie.. i post a few more tests!! pls help!!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma
    just to check.. some of my pictures are bit blurred!
    Quick check. Do you know what Depth Of Field means i.e. DOF?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    subject distance, focal length and aperture?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    C1 Pro as in Phrase 1 C1 Pro digital back>? ..... What camera? What f/stop do you use? How far are you away from the subject? But then your picture just have narrow depth of field. Don't think it is not sharp.

    yes! using this sofware.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma
    subject distance, focal length and aperture?
    Something along that line. I can't comment on the shots that you got in Malaysia, but for the attached photo, try mounting your camera on a trippod and shoot with smaller apertures e.g. f8 onwards. Smaller apertures will provide you with more DOF, as such sharper images. I am just assum9ing that you are referring to the blurness on the background of the photo?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    okie.. thanks!! i'm actually doing a test now like shooting at 28mm, 50mm and 75mm. at apertures of 2.8, 4.5, 8 and 11. is there a proper way to test a lens?

    thanks for all the inputs!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •