Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70

Thread: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operations

  1. #21
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    But r u prepare to pay 5x more since generally operator there cost rmb 2500 and here sgd 2500

  2. #22
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    I doubt they would hit the 5x price increase with such stiff competition.

    I still really want to see their manufacturing plant though... and with the label: Made in Singapore, heck, I might switch to Canon.
    I guess there's still a bit of national pride in me.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  3. #23
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    That is the reason why I chose Wyeth s26 milk powder when I have my new born.....it's made in Tuas....sg..... peace of mind since there r dozen of brand to choose from and u never know what u gonna get....

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,357

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    That is the reason why I chose Wyeth s26 milk powder when I have my new born.....it's made in Tuas....sg..... peace of mind since there r dozen of brand to choose from and u never know what u gonna get....
    But they did not tell you, the milk powder was made with ingredients from where.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 18th September 2012 at 09:29 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,357

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Japan will henceforth begin plans to relocate their big industrial plants.

    Thailand would be a BIG beneficiary of this spat between China and Japan. There are extensive Japanese investments in Thailand.

    Malaysia? maybe...

    Vietnam ? maybe... but corruption. still, got chance.

    Indonesia? ditto about the corruption. radical religious types. definitely not considered.
    Myanmar? ditto about the corruption. population too backward and not ready for tech industries.
    Philippines? ditto about the corruption. abu sayaf terrorists. definitely not considered.

    Singapore? no space. small local market. definitely not considered.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Japan will henceforth begin plans to relocate their big industrial plants.

    Thailand would be a BIG beneficiary of this spat between China and Japan. There are extensive Japanese investments in Thailand.

    Malaysia? maybe...

    Vietnam ? maybe... but corruption. still, got chance.

    Indonesia? ditto about the corruption. radical religious types. definitely not considered.
    Myanmar? ditto about the corruption. population too backward and not ready for tech industries.
    Philippines? ditto about the corruption. abu sayaf terrorists. definitely not considered.

    Singapore? no space. small local market. definitely not considered.


    Made in Indonesia
    Made in Malaysia
    Made in Vietnam
    Made in Philippines

  7. #27

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Japan will henceforth begin plans to relocate their big industrial plants.

    Thailand would be a BIG beneficiary of this spat between China and Japan. There are extensive Japanese investments in Thailand.

    Malaysia? maybe...

    Vietnam ? maybe... but corruption. still, got chance.

    Indonesia? ditto about the corruption. radical religious types. definitely not considered.
    Myanmar? ditto about the corruption. population too backward and not ready for tech industries.
    Philippines? ditto about the corruption. abu sayaf terrorists. definitely not considered.

    Singapore? no space. small local market. definitely not considered.


    Made in Indonesia
    Made in Malaysia
    Made in Vietnam
    Made in Philippines

  8. #28
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,126

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    But they did not tell you, the milk powder was made with ingredients from where.
    If Made in Sg can't tell me the truth.....I cannot expect Made in Boleh land or somewhere over the rainbow can tell me even more truth.....those Melamine thingy should made parent think thrice....

  9. #29
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Singapore? no space. small local market. definitely not considered.
    Reality stings huh... sigh
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  10. #30
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    you really think the GOng An cant stop all these riots and protests within an hour if they wanted to ???

    these are just attention diverting tactics by the PRC government away from the country's real political , social and economic problems
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  11. #31

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Philippines? ditto about the corruption. abu sayaf terrorists. definitely not considered.
    Cheap, english speaking labor, an established technological base (Intel designs and fabs there), and the abu sayyaf are limited to the remote south. The main factories are in the north, and Olympus is already building a factory there.
    Alpha

  12. #32

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Singapore? no space. small local market. definitely not considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Cheap, english speaking labor, an established technological base (Intel designs and fabs there), and the abu sayyaf are limited to the remote south. The main factories are in the north, and Olympus is already building a factory there.




    hand made stickiness made in Singapore!

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    I've heard from a radio broadcast from Hong Kong that Japanese feared for their lives in China.

    One Japanese was eating noodle in Shanghai and the bowl of noodle was poured into his face.

    Japan now needs China more than China needs Japan.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    my honest opinion?

    China should just grow up and move on.

    the war was 70 years ago and they still can't recover?

    seriously?

    not to be cold-hearted but there's a limit to how crap they can dish out to their neighbors.

    looking at Korean-Japanese-Philippines-Taiwan-Singapore relations etc.. they are much better than 50 years before.

    but China is still stuck in the past. sheesh. c'mon
    Many of my parents' generation suffered in the hands of Japanese soldiers in Malaysia. It's hard to ask them to forget.

    I was studying Japanese in an evening college for 4 years. One day an Australian friend told me about the Nanking Massacre. I could still remember the gruesome photos of the atrocities in a book I read about it.

    History is what makes us as a human race. Wipe it out we will have nothing left.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th September 2012 at 01:10 AM.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    near the beast zone
    Posts
    209

    Default

    History can be forgiven but not forgotten. Nobody can force u to forgive but it takes.great courage to admit and forgive. The elder generations had gone through the gruesome torture, and the younger generations were taught about it. Now the next step, should the younger and future generation be better man, don't repeat the bad things or always looking for reason to revenge? If Japan government apologised (ideal situation), what would us (chinese so called the descendants of the victims, regardless of nationality) do? Will you continue to condemn the Japanese of what their great grandparents did? On the same logic, is China ready to change itself and face the victims (and descendants) it has done to during cultural revolution etc?

  16. #36

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Many of my parents' generation suffered in the hands of Japanese soldiers in Malaysia. It's hard to ask them to forget.

    I was studying Japanese in an evening college for 4 years. One day an Australian friend told me about the Nanking Massacre. I could still remember the gruesome photos of the atrocities in a book I read about it.

    History is what makes us as a human race. Wipe it out we will have nothing left.
    my point is this: don't use history as an excuse to stir up problems with your neighbors.

    also, don't use it as a self-pity bargaining chip.

    it cheapens history

  17. #37
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    my point is this: don't use history as an excuse to stir up problems with your neighbors.

    also, don't use it as a self-pity bargaining chip.

    it cheapens history
    And may history be the song in your beautiful heart.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th September 2012 at 02:57 AM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    I use a simple example instead of i kill your xxx or i rape ur xxx

    One day i walk pass u and slap u out of nothing......i will say sorry to u.....and pls forgive me and move on.......

    ....think about that kind of situation.....

  19. #39

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I use a simple example instead of i kill your xxx or i rape ur xxx

    One day i walk pass u and slap u out of nothing......i will say sorry to u.....and pls forgive me and move on.......

    ....think about that kind of situation.....
    the person who got slapped whines about it for 70 years.

    that person plays the pity card.

    then turns around and whacks then slaps the rest of the people around based on the fact that, in the past, they have wronged him one way or another, or just happened to cross paths with him.

    how's that for hypocrisy?

  20. #40
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operati

    take bus all the way to factories for what ?

    might as well stay at home and smash up their own japanese electrical appliances and throw it by the road side to demonstrate their hate for all to see ...... then it covers the entire country and not just 2 or 3 factories

    Call for boycott of Japanese brands have been going on ifor many years already ...... gee, they're still buying japanese products .....

    now THAT's hypocrisy
    Last edited by ed9119; 19th September 2012 at 03:00 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •