Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Just something i observed. Usually, whenever i go to wedding. There are bound to have many people from all kind of age likely to bring along their own camera..mainly for table shooting, or even for "uncle bob-ing". Problem is. most of the time perhaps 6 out of 10 times. Those attending the wedding would usually carry gears that are more expensive or superior than the hire photographer.

Problem is the 1 that is hired. Probably shoot for a living. Whereas, those who are carrying better gears are those who are behind the computer or etc compared to the 1 who shoot for a living.
    Even now i feel like cameras are slowly becoming a gadget to "show off"
    kinda agree to this...like a status indicator they say, if u have money must have high end gears, but in photography business we are not selling the gadgets, we are selling "skills" "art"
    but technology of newer dslr's can help make life easier but sometimes complicated also...

what will justify in the end is the result delivered to clients....

Depends on the photographer mostly, I saw 5D2/1D by photographer in Malaysia actual day wedding before. Then we are those uncle bob kind of friends taking snap shot of food, drinks, chiobuzzz for facebook posting.

TS, if your friend bring back the album, the custom maybe will tax it... Just get ready some good reasons.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

for those people who believe good camera produce good photos, (type A)
    as customers they will look for photographers carry big big pro looking camera,
    as photographers will think using the big big pro looking cameras is all they need.

for those people who believe what matters most is the end results, (type B)
    as customers they will look at the photographers' works to make decision
    as photographers will pay more attention on their craft than their tools.

(type B) photographers get offended when (type A) customers asking them what camera they use,

(type B) customers get offended when (type A) photographers keep telling them about what cameras they use,

so find out what type of photographers you are and you will able to find right type customers you like to work with.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Gearfondlers

Thats why sometimes i find it weird when client or customer ask the photogs what gear they have or use (even before they see the portfolio photos).

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW
    Thats why sometimes i find it weird when client or customer ask the photogs what gear they have or use (even before they see the portfolio photos).

Cause in Singapore for everyone can afford the better gear..
    Maybe the customer himself also playing camera as very common already.

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Cause in Singapore for everyone can afford the better gear..
    Maybe the customer himself also playing camera as very common already.
    Pls. You hire them to take photos for you. Or hire them and see them/him/her walk around with fancy gear

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW

Pls. You hire them to take photos for you. Or hire them and see them/him/her walk around with fancy gear
    Don't one my gear most high end and pro enough at all.. Ha ha JK lah..

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    for what I see here, most newbies wedding photographers use better set up then the pros.

using 5D or D800E plus pro lens to shoot wedding and print 4R photos, guarantee the photos very tok gong no horse run.
    Up for you ...

Newbie just buy as what the salesman recommended .. I have seen so many of my friends getting d700, d800, and they have no ideal how to use it. In the end only in P mode, but it satisfied their ego when we meetup during photography chit chat session.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    for what I see here, most newbies wedding photographers use better set up then the pros.

using 5D or D800E plus pro lens to shoot wedding and print 4R photos, guarantee the photos very tok gong no horse run.
    the amazing part is only charging 1/3 the price
    how to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    how to survive?
    at the end you can find in B&S the SC only hit <8000k
    good deal

8k u mean

how to survive?
    they will tell you this:

"I'm not a business man, I'm an artist and shoot for passion only.........."

lol

8k u mean
    ya ya correct = 8k

what separates a pro from amateur is a neon green day glo photographer vest with Canon, nikon or your favorite brand emblazoned on at least half of the back of it.
    hehehehe
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    what separates a pro from amateur is a neon green day glo photographer vest with Canon, nikon or your favorite brand emblazoned on at least half of the back of it.
    hehehehe
    For your experience did you see any hire photographer is using Sony / Pentax / Olympus user right?
    maybe that's still not very common from the basic setup... heheh

Add :
    someone said in sony lenses still not enough...must be using the Zeiss lens setup.. hehe
    Last edited by rain5533; 17th September 2012 at 11:44 PM.

to be very frank,
    when ones put faith on the gear more than self, ones works will not progress beyond that point,
    ones will keep searching better and more gears to compensate what he/she's lacking,
    only when he/she starts build on his/her craft than his /her gear, the truth progress begins.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I have seen that in photography services directory.

but what so new about it? don't you see those who have not shot any weddings before also think they need a full frame plus pro lenses to shoot weddings.
    if you use lesser than these, you ain't pro enough, can not offer tips to anyone in newbies corner.
    Thanks for highlighting that Benjamin. Guess I have not been following CS closely as usual other than coming here for B&S reasons. As what you have mentioned, I'm just surprised that there are people using D3 to shoot a $500-$600 wedding. I'm just wondering how soon do they want to break even before starting to generate revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirei

Thanks for highlighting that Benjamin. Guess I have not been following CS closely as usual other than coming here for B&S reasons. As what you have mentioned, I'm just surprised that there are people using D3 to shoot a $500-$600 wedding. I'm just wondering how soon do they want to break even before starting to generate revenue.
    Wedding photographer is depend personal skill and get more winner award cert. to present your client, then the overall package has been different from others.
    Even using the basic setup, who ever see your portfolio and respected more than your getting better gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Wedding photographer is depend personal skill and get more winner award cert. to present your client, then the overall package has been different from others.
    Even using the basic setup, who ever see your portfolio and respected more than your getting better gears.
    in wedding photography, the primary factor customers will chose a photographer is because they can click with him/her, secondly is impress by his/her works. If photographers willing work hard on these two areas, pricing is no longer a competition among his/her peers.

when wedding couples shopping for wedding photographers base on price factors, there is only two reasons,
    #1, the have no experience and knowledge on wedding photography and not sure how much it should cost?
    #2, they are buying photographic papers with their image on it, and working hours of the photographer.

so you see how to address these two issues to win customers like them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast