Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

  1. #1
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Hi, yesterday when to my friend wedding actual day in JB and saw the professional AD photographer and them only using the basic APSC body with 3rd party lenses setup.
    For Speed light with EX430 or some 3rd party flash light and instead with LED light.

    But the overall cost with videographer for the package paid, was not that bad.

    So how does in the Singapore markets and shall be customer minimum requirement stuff.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by rain5533; 17th September 2012 at 10:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    for what I see here, most newbies wedding photographers use better set up then the pros.

    using 5D or D800E plus pro lens to shoot wedding and print 4R photos, guarantee the photos very tok gong no horse run.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    for what I see here, most newbies wedding photographers use better set up then the pros.

    using 5D or D800E plus pro lens to shoot wedding and print 4R photos, guarantee the photos very tok gong no horse run.
    Like that from my point, if who ever using like D700 or 5D2 is consider very very over pay in JB market

    Good both of FF body still going very strong in the 2nd hand or AD photographer

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Went to Taiwan photogr friends gig in Taiwan he was shooting canon 50D at the beach pre wedding and their package very expensive. My singapore friend with d3s said his camera better but Taiwan guy says 'yeah but your pictures are worthless coz you are measuring it with tech, which makes things depreciate fast, mine is measure with heart and soul and art thus is very expensive and priceless.' scrolls thru the d3s LCD back of holiday pics and snaps, "See? Junk, junk, All junk!" shows me LCD back of 50D with wedding couple inside "See? Art!". They are just frank like that. Singapore friend face red red.

    Hey if you got just 2 megapixels worth of pic but that pic is of the princess' nipples, it's going to sell 2 million dollars.

  5. #5
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    TS did you use Google Translate to help post ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  6. #6
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    TS did you use Google Translate to help post ?
    Don't worry which part can't understand and remark and I will try to solve up.

    Sorry due to my lack english typing.
    Last edited by rain5533; 17th September 2012 at 10:38 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    most msia. wedding photogs shoot with that kind of setup. cheap also their pricing. not sure about end product tho.

  8. #8
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth
    most msia. wedding photogs shoot with that kind of setup. cheap also their pricing. not sure about end product tho.
    But do u imaging my friend paying?
    Rm3500 = $1,400 ha ha don't believed right

  9. #9
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Went to Taiwan photogr friends gig in Taiwan he was shooting canon 50D at the beach pre wedding and their package very expensive. My singapore friend with d3s said his camera better but Taiwan guy says 'yeah but your pictures are worthless coz you are measuring it with tech, which makes things depreciate fast, mine is measure with heart and soul and art thus is very expensive and priceless.' scrolls thru the d3s LCD back of holiday pics and snaps, "See? Junk, junk, All junk!" shows me LCD back of 50D with wedding couple inside "See? Art!". They are just frank like that. Singapore friend face red red.

    Hey if you got just 2 megapixels worth of pic but that pic is of the princess' nipples, it's going to sell 2 million dollars.
    love it! BEST!!!!
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

  10. #10

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    yeah..... last time shoot wedding with D70, got couple friend hobbyist use high end like d2 or d2x, cannot remember much that time but confirm bigger camera then mine.... and the friend say i am not pro.... ****..... then when give 300 4R in album, the couple says lucky i am there......

    Not the set up, but how you wanna portray the weddings.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    I am ready appreciated to see your reply here, next time this topic really can help up for newbie AD wedding setup.

  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    But do u imaging my friend paying?
    Rm3500 = $1,400 ha ha don't believed right
    hey, local got people use D3 shoot wedding for $500-$600, customers win!!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    hey, local got people use D3 shoot wedding for $500-$600, customers win!!
    that's something new to me

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    No matter which camera still boils down to the one behind it period..
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  15. #15
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirei View Post
    that's something new to me
    I have seen that in photography services directory.

    but what so new about it? don't you see those who have not shot any weddings before also think they need a full frame plus pro lenses to shoot weddings.
    if you use lesser than these, you ain't pro enough, can not offer tips to anyone in newbies corner.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #16
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    No matter which camera still boils down to the one behind it period..
    say say only lar, people will still go and get newer and better cameras.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #17
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    say say only lar, people will still go and get newer and better cameras.
    You're right, for example like D7000 Good than x10 good, but ppls still think to upgrade into D600 or higher end body.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Just something i observed. Usually, whenever i go to wedding. There are bound to have many people from all kind of age likely to bring along their own camera..mainly for table shooting, or even for "uncle bob-ing". Problem is. most of the time perhaps 6 out of 10 times. Those attending the wedding would usually carry gears that are more expensive or superior than the hire photographer.

    Problem is the 1 that is hired. Probably shoot for a living. Whereas, those who are carrying better gears are those who are behind the computer or etc compared to the 1 who shoot for a living.
    Even now i feel like cameras are slowly becoming a gadget to "show off"

  19. #19
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW
    Just something i observed. Usually, whenever i go to wedding. There are bound to have many people from all kind of age likely to bring along their own camera..mainly for table shooting, or even for "uncle bob-ing". Problem is. most of the time perhaps 6 out of 10 times. Those attending the wedding would usually carry gears that are more expensive or superior than the hire photographer.

    Problem is the 1 that is hired. Probably shoot for a living. Whereas, those who are carrying better gears are those who are behind the computer or etc compared to the 1 who shoot for a living.
    Even now i feel like cameras are slowly becoming a gadget to "show off"
    Nice! This is very true..

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    say say only lar, people will still go and get newer and better cameras.

    On this point I agree though. Everyone wants to look 'pro' with ex & high end gears stylo mylo to
    impress .
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •