Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D3200 against A57

Quote Originally Posted by shaze

Is a dry cabinet neccesary, or just leave it inside a closed drawer will do? I think I have a humidity box from an old camera with a meter at the top, works the same right? Dun think I will need filters, maybe a clear or uv one, but should not be too expensive.
    Dry cabinet un necessary? Scrimp on 100 dollars and put your thousand dollar investment at risk? U sure you wanna be penny wise pound foolish? The humidity box would require silica gel. Personally I think a dry cabinet will be better as I can control the humidity with precision. And don't need to worry Bout the cabinet being too dry or humid.

Personally I don't use filters. Why degrade your IQ with a filter that may or may not protect your investment? To me, a force that can shatter the front element would also e able to make short work of the filter and the lens below. The broken firer fragments might even cause injuries to you haha. I have used my lenses with no filters since the day I got it And I still haven't scratches any of them yet.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Here we go again... Dry cabinet vs. dry box...

Both works. One needs more attention than the other. Go figure.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Default Re: D3200 against A57

Quote Originally Posted by shaze View Post
    Is a dry cabinet neccesary, or just leave it inside a closed drawer will do? I think I have a humidity box from an old camera with a meter at the top, works the same right? Dun think I will need filters, maybe a clear or uv one, but should not be too expensive.
    Skip the uv / clear filters, get a dry cabinet. Get what is really necessary instead of questionable protectors...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Skip the uv / clear filters, get a dry cabinet. Get what is really necessary instead of questionable protectors...
    agree, myself i shoot in naked lens means no filters at all unless long exposures using Lee...
    dry cabinet is a must...

I see....anyway, decided if I need sony, then its going to be a37. Smaller screen, but retains most of the features of a57. Price is quite similiar to d3200 too, impt for me because I cannot spend too much. Really difficult to make a choice, both are outstanding in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by shaze View Post
    I see....anyway, decided if I need sony, then its going to be a37. Smaller screen, but retains most of the features of a57. Price is quite similiar to d3200 too, impt for me because I cannot spend too much. Really difficult to make a choice, both are outstanding in different ways.
    make your choice and stand by it

just remember the dry cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    make your choice and stand by it

just remember the dry cabinet
    Changed my mind. Decide to forget the Sony. Now probably going between D3200 and D5100. Price wise, most probably going for D5100 with a kit 1 and extra 55-200mm . TK FOTO latest price at ~$1000. Maybe not getting dry cabinet because of the bulkiness. Most probably going for the dry box.

Thank you to all of you experts who helped clear my doubts!!

Buy buy buy!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

To all the ppl:

Sorry for my noob post, I have yet to decide on a camera from my previous thread. I spent some time reading through the threads here and found that many people recommended the sony a57.

As mentioned many times, megapixels do not make a difference, so the D3200 should not make such a big diff. DXOmark recommends the D3200 for the excellent sensor. Just wanted to ask, as both are at comparable prices, will the sony be better? Really difficult to make a decision. Maybe planning to buy around october or november.

Another question:
    The d3200 has kit 1(18-55), kit 2(18-105) and another bundle (18-55 + 55-200).
    I feel that kit 1 cannot reach far, so considering between kit 2 and the bundle kit. Some reviews say 55-200 vr has lousy iq, but the bundle is slightly cheaper than kit2. Experts please help me?

Sorry if I sound desperate.
    I may sound like a Sony fanboy, but I must advise to get a57.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I may sound like a Sony fanboy, but I must advise to get a57.
    Haha, would like to, but not this time because of the $$$. Its a very good alternative, but no money. Personally, I dun like the evf, but then, overall still like sony slts. Maybe consider slts again when I change body next time. =)

not sure if Nikon still has that Dry Cabinet promotion. you might want to check that out

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    not sure if Nikon still has that Dry Cabinet promotion. you might want to check that out
    Huh? What promotion does nikon have? Sorry, quite blur here... -_-

Huh? What promotion does nikon have? Sorry, quite blur here... -_-
    You can always call in tomorrow to find out, or google the dealers in Singapore and call them now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12