Thread: Help on BG-E1

Default Help on BG-E1

Me a newbie and never use any battery grip before.

Would like to go on a trekking trip but afraid of running out of batteries.

Saw in this thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=115285 that you can use AA size battery.

Can any1 tell me if its possible for BG-E1 too. I tried the internet but jus found that it can one or two battery.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Drac
    Me a newbie and never use any battery grip before.

Would like to go on a trekking trip but afraid of running out of batteries.

Saw in this thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=115285 that you can use AA size battery.

Can any1 tell me if its possible for BG-E1 too. I tried the internet but jus found that it can one or two battery.

Thanks in advance
    Not really feasible.... best alternative is to carry spare batteries. The battery grip is mainly to give you a better grip while shooting in portrait orientation and to provide longer shooting time without having to change batteries.

You don't necessary have to buy the Canon original batteries, there are always 3rd party batteries which are way cheaper. Just plan for how long you are going to be out trekking and how much do you intend to shoot everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Not really feasible.... best alternative is to carry spare batteries. The battery grip is mainly to give you a better grip while shooting in portrait orientation and to provide longer shooting time without having to change batteries.

You don't necessary have to buy the Canon original batteries, there are always 3rd party batteries which are way cheaper. Just plan for how long you are going to be out trekking and how much do you intend to shoot everyday.
    Thank You Prismatic for your explanation. As I am still a newbie, me still not very sure how to estimate number of battery needed. Really dont wanna be caught in not having enough battery when needed.

I oredi had two batteries which I think wd be sufficient for normal shooting. Jus wondering if any1 feel that buying another 2~4 battery would justify for only 1 trip.