I will be co-lead the JB outing again on 22 Sept 2012. Below are the details:
i) to meet new friends
ii) to introduce SG based member to come over to JB to explore street shooting opportunities, and to eat
iii)to cultivate the “sharing” among CS community
What the outing would expect from you
i) To share your ideas/experience
- Oldbird could guide newbird, I believe everyone could also learn from each other whether old or newbird
ii) To share with CS
- You learn about this outing from here, and you should also share some pictures with others on the forum. We will create a thread after the outing
iv) To give back to locals
- To print out a few pictures of the people that we shot. I would personally distribute these pictures to them as possible.
Actual Outing : 22 Sept, 2012 (Saturday), Johor Bahru.
Meet up point :
22 Sept : 8am, City Square at Johor Bharu. MacDonald Restaurant, Ground Floor.
Please search for "JB outing" in CS for previous JB outing references.
Tentative Itinerary :
8-9am : Breakfast
9-1pm : Pontian Wholesale Fish Market + Pontian Kerchil Fishing Village
1-2pm : Lunch
2-5pm : Kukup
5pm-7pm : Tanjung Piai - Sunset shooting
7pm : Back to SG or dinner in JB up to individual
Together we learning Street Photography :
- If you are old bird, please come and rest of us would be glad if you could guide us and provide few tips on street shooting. Sharing is the ultimate objective I want to bring out from this outing.
- If you are newbie, no worries. We learn from old bird. If there is no old bird, let’s blur blur shoot together. LOL !
- If you like my approach/style, sure I can guide/lead you. You must be patient with me on that day, because I would be doing lots of PR and giving out the photo prints from the previous outing.
* JBOG (JB outing group) is a jalan/makan/shot around outing that was started Sep2011 to bring small group of CS members to JB for day, and eventually emerged to a regular monthly outing. We’ve been to many parts of JB, Johor and also overseas trip. The participants are a good mix of like-minded gentleman and ladies with a passion for NOT ONLY photography but also to make friends, to have fun and most importantly to have good food.
- We are doing this as voluntary basis and show you some insight of JB town. Dun expect me a Superman to protect you from all danger.
- Though I must say I personally feel comfortable walking around to shot on the street, and we had a good outing previously, that does not guarantee this outing is risk/hazards free.
- Each of you willingly to assume all risk/hazards on your own during the outing and I shall take no responsibility of your property damage &/ or injuries if accident happens.
- Common sense, street awareness , personal safety always come first, ie dun run to the track when the train comes, dun leave the group, dun leave your belongings anywhere and go on your own to alley etc.
Please take a minute to read the terms and conditions before you like to register
- Register only for yourself. No girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands/wives , children/relative and your village of friends tagging along
- JBOG 1st timer : minimum 3 months history at Clubsnap and/or with minimum 50 counts
- JBOG oldbird : Good contribution from previous outing
- Not 1st come 1st serve basis ; ideally to have 50/50 newcomer and oldbird
- Good sense of humor and a team member, spirit of give and take
- Drivers who are willing to take up 3 passengers are exempted from the above rule
Please sign up here, and PM your contact, name, email.
(Limited to 8 ppl to join this outing)
Though this is merely a walk around trip, if you are driving on that day and are kind enough to give us a lift , please sign up here and state no. of the passenger you could take ;
1. hlwong / 4 passenger
(Limited to 2 cars only)