Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 8 New Pentax Products Announced: K5II/K5IIs/Q10/560mm/18-270mm/PK-Q Adapter...

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo
    I think K5-II, more or less same as iPhone4 and iPhone4S
    No upgrade for me
    Think of it like a car, they establish a platform and then improve on it. I think k-5's feel and form is already perfect. Sensor, processing, and AF can be improved so why we have K-5 II

here's the thing: "when there's nothing wrong with it, why replace it?" - Motorola
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Default Re: 8 New Pentax Products Announced: K5II/K5IIs/Q10/560mm/18-270mm/PK-Q Adapter...

The price of the DA560 is a showstopper for me. I'm back to looking at the sigma 500/4.5....
    Last edited by phylej; 12th September 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: 8 New Pentax Products Announced: K5II/K5IIs/Q10/560mm/18-270mm/PK-Q Adapter...

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    I am no expert, but sometimes, there's only how much you can improve on the firmware. Ultimately, the hardware needs to support it.

The world doesn't just revolve around current k5 users. There are many who are still using k10d, k20d, and the kx. And how about those who are going to join Pentax new, esp sitting on the fence earlier with K5 knowing some of the faults they can't live with, and now an upgraded version that may just work out. Let's just say "watch this space". ;-)

You know your photographing needs, and if you say the current k5 works fine for you, that's great - Money in the pocket for other uses.
    Yes, i am not saying the world revolve around k5, but being a k5 user myself then I think it is perfectly fine for me to say the announcement does not sounds fantastic to me. Maybe there are some k5 users who could really use the additional details but really i doubt the average k5 user will think the new flagship is fantastic compared to the already quite good k5 in their hands. So really that hardly means much to me when i am not printing big, just mostly normal 4R photos and I have lived to accept what the current k5 has to offer already so if anything it has to be much much better body then this that I will think it is fantastic. Thus why I find it funny why people want to diss people who say they do not see it as fantastic, fine you think it is all good and whatever, but it may not means much to some other people, so why are people not allowed to have their opinion that it is not fantastic? I like Pentax and has being using Pentax since 4 years ago, but it does not means a pentax user has to be a blind fanboy and just lap up whatever is produced and says it is fantastic.......Ok peace out, no longer replying to this thread......

Quote Originally Posted by trowa77 View Post
    I am still deciding between this and the sigma 500mm. the 560 is larger in size at F5.6.
    the final deciding factor will still be performance and cost. All weather seal is definitely a plus for shooting out door with this.
    lol
    I'd say just go for the Sigma, which is cheaper.
    Everybody knows how good it is in the hands of a good photographer. (ie. KenGoh)

Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    am an amateur pentaxian holding a k-x and da 35 f2.4

am just a noob (especially to the local community) but please do not flame me for saying this: we should let everyone share their views.. even those who blast pentax for underwhelming us (like above mentioned) with their line up

if we all sing the same tune, nothing changes.. the impetus to change and improve have always been criticism (from another point of view, constructive feedback)

to set the record straight i myself am in love with my k-x and not intending to change anything, anyway..

am not versed with any technical details, very noob myself.. but we should so quickly judge the people at pentax forums.. they too, love this brand and want it to improve

cheers, my fellow pentaxians

No one has been moderated off this topic.
    No one is preventing anyone to say they are underwhelmed.
    But prepare to be challenged/discuss on that viewpoint.

Conversely, should those who disagree with said viewpoint just keep quiet because they would be seen to be 'singing a nice tune'?
    Especially so when they believe so and can rightfully bring up points and examples to prove their stance?

What I see here are very well put out arguments with examples of why a K5iis is a meaningful step up from the K5.

Put it this way.
    Many folks are happy that there's new stuff coming out.
    Better to be happy or better to complain
    The power of Negative thinking | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS
    Last edited by pinholecam; 12th September 2012 at 11:39 PM.

i am not saying "no AA filter sure have moire"
    just because i am a lazy person to do PS...
    so must well aim for K-5II which have lower risk, since i happy with K-x output... K-5II sure good enough...

so i am not saying K-5IIs is bad... just that may not the right one for me...

heard that Xpro 1 modifying the RGB pattern on the sensor can almost completely remove the moire issue...( Sony FF: Remove or not remove the Anti Aliasing filter? | sonyalpharumors )
    so there may have different ways to handle moire

Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    without AA revolving power of len actually boost. comtemplating if i sould sell.gxr for this??
    I won't trade a mirrorless for a dslr, and I know vice versa many will not as well. There's certainly some irritating quirks with gxr, but the images from it from such a small camera makes one forget the problems. But I don't know about you, so still it's up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    Yes, i am not saying the world revolve around k5, but being a k5 user myself then I think it is perfectly fine for me to say the announcement does not sounds fantastic to me. Maybe there are some k5 users who could really use the additional details but really i doubt the average k5 user will think the new flagship is fantastic compared to the already quite good k5 in their hands. So really that hardly means much to me when i am not printing big, just mostly normal 4R photos and I have lived to accept what the current k5 has to offer already so if anything it has to be much much better body then this that I will think it is fantastic. Thus why I find it funny why people want to diss people who say they do not see it as fantastic, fine you think it is all good and whatever, but it may not means much to some other people, so why are people not allowed to have their opinion that it is not fantastic? I like Pentax and has being using Pentax since 4 years ago, but it does not means a pentax user has to be a blind fanboy and just lap up whatever is produced and says it is fantastic.......Ok peace out, no longer replying to this thread......
    I am surprised why you think I am dissing people who say they do not think they need to upgrade. I already indicated if that works for you even better. Money in the pocket.

I saw too many comments suggesting that it's crap news, and just wanted to give the other perspective of things. Well I guess I ain't successful at keeping it neutral. Haiz.
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 13th September 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Think of it like a car, they establish a platform and then improve on it. I think k-5's feel and form is already perfect. Sensor, processing, and AF can be improved so why we have K-5 II

here's the thing: "when there's nothing wrong with it, why replace it?" - Motorola
    Some people want BMW, some want Lada

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Some people want BMW, some want Lada
    and the majority just dunno what they want!

but its very fun (and free) to go online and talk about things we dun intend to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo

I am surprised why you think I am dissing people who say they do not think they need to upgrade. I already indicated if that works for you even better. Money in the pocket.

I saw too many comments suggesting that it's crap news, and just wanted to give the other perspective of things. Well I guess I ain't successful at keeping it neutral. Haiz.
    Wow wow...cool down man....i am a pentax user and a fan too. I always look at pentax forum and outing but till now i still no time to join but i still keep follow here in pentax forum. I am happy to see new stuff coming from pentax and it is not always happened. So whatever stuff pentax out, we should be happy about it and keep our faith going with pentax. We can have some kopi talks here but please dont take it so serioulsy....after all money is in your pocket...no one can decide for you. If you guys think can afford it and needed a upgrade just do it but if you think u still can Survive with current setup than just happily snapping and wait for news again....hope i never offence anyone here....cheeers all

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    nothing fantastic as in it is just incremental changes compared to a classic k5, at least it is nothing fantastic to me.
    Maybe not for you but for some who shoot landscapes/nature/studio, Having the AA filter removed would be good enough an upgrade for them. To each his/her own opinions on what is good/not good.

Bernard and J. K. are right about the IIs being a better camera for those who do lanscapes/nature. If I were into landscapes/nature I too would be willing to upgrade to the IIs.
    Last edited by felixcat8888; 13th September 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

i'm craving for weather resistant camera with good image quality, considering K30 but if K5iiS <--sounds like kiss (canon) have no AA filter then it's a strong contender
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

To each his own opinion. Some might like it, some might hate it, like me, I neither like nor hate it as I don't know about it yet.

People who wan to criticize.. Let's let them.. Let's keep things neutral and there's no need to go sharply against them be it they are right or not

If we do, it hurts this community spirit in pentax.. Community spirit means tolerance and acceptance.. Not about marching at the same tune.

My two cents. Some comments here are very harsh towards those who say nay.

Enough discussion about this topic already. I'll close it for now. Let's get ready for the coming outing

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456