Thread: Lens help?

Unhappy Help on some photography equipment

Hi, I'm amateurish to photography but I have seen like shots that are said to be "panorama" or "fisheye"? Not sure which one is it

I have heard like a wide angle lens is needed? But can you help to advise me what lens is good, suitable and affordable?

I dont really have a huge budget, probably around $500 or so? If its too little i dont mind 2nd hand ones either

I'd use it for my overseas trips to places like Egypt and some event photography.

Lastly, does anyone know where to get 2nd polaroid cameras or if anyone is selling them? How much would they cost?

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Help on some photography equipment

welcome to clubsnap,

you need at least to tell people what camera/system you are using currently, how to recommend something which may not compatible to your camera system?

thread move to newbies corner.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Lens help?

Hi, I'm amateurish to photography but I have seen like shots that are said to be "panorama" or "fisheye"? Not sure which one is it

I have heard like a wide angle lens is needed? But can you help to advise me what lens is good, suitable and affordable?

I dont really have a huge budget, probably around $500 or so? If its too little i dont mind 2nd hand ones either

I'd use it for my overseas trips to places like Egypt and some event photography.

Lastly, does anyone know where to get 2nd polaroid cameras or if anyone is selling them? How much would they cost?

Thanks for the help!

Current Equipment

Canon 600D 18-135mm lens

Default Re: Lens help?

Fisheye is not panorama.

Most people will use a wide angle lens. Your kit lens is already a wide angle lens as at the widest it's 18mm. If you want, you can look at a 10-20mm lens, etc. There are about 50+ threads already discussing such UWA (ultra wide angle) lenses. You can also go and read reviews on photozone.de, etc

As for polaroid, quite a few such threads recently, simply search for "polaroid" in the top-right box here on CS.
    Alpha

So you want to shoot panoramas? I would say if you're gonna stitch photos, use a moderately wide angle lens like a 35mm would do. Otherwise edge distortions of wider lenses will make it hard for software to stitch photos together.

Of course, there's always a pseudo panorama where u take a scene with a wide angle lens and crop away the top and bottom.

If it's fisheye effect you're after, you'll need to go for a fisheye lens.
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

I've taken quite a few panoramas with my 18-55mm kit lens. All you need is the software to stitch up the images. There's quite a few panorama softwares out in the market be it freeware or shareware.

Get a good tripod for your panorama pictures. It's well within your budget even if you pick a better one. You will need this, regardless whether the camera has a built-in panorama function or you need to stitch the pictures. Your kit lens is fine for that, no issue.
    EOS

Oooo thanks for the help guys!!!

Really appreciated it!