Thread: Photographer Representation by Portals 'iCompre.sg' and 'Photographerhub.sg'

Default Photographer Representation by Portals 'iCompre.sg' and 'Photographerhub.sg'

Came across this portal 'photographerhub.sg' claiming to represent photographers whom sign up for a fee ...

Problem is ... They turned up 'Teminated' under ACRA Singapore when searched ...

Another problem ... 'They have images on their website from various photographers'

Anyone signed up ??

Default Re: Photographer Representation by Portals 'iCompre.sg' and 'Photographerhub.sg'

'Photographerhub.sg' registered to ********* SOLUTION PTE. LTD (SGNIC-ORG1196433)

but it's not valid when searched under ACRA ... Hmmmmm !!

Default Re: Photographer Representation by Portals 'iCompre.sg' and 'Photographerhub.sg'

how much effects (money) they are spending on advertising their portal, to get traffic and awarenesses?

Before they able to get some traffic, already start asking people to sign up, what if they close shop and who will you go to for asking your money back?

no records / valid business licence with RCB, that is not very promising........
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I received those irritating emails as well.

Keep asking me to join and pay money, emails were sent in the March and April period. Right from the start it sounds like its preying on newbie/hobby photographers. Must pay them money to get 'exposure and clients', and probably work at dirt low rate for them too.

Another red flag was nobody dare to commit a name to the email. "The Admin Team". Hah!
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

As mentioned. .. Some images were lifted off photographers websites to use on Photographerhub.SG. .. Outright Copyright infringement...

Quote Originally Posted by mo2 View Post
    As mentioned. .. Some images were lifted off photographers websites to use on Photographerhub.SG. .. Outright Copyright infringement...

is that so? this is disgusting.

They can't even spell "portrait" right. "Potrait" FTW! :P
    Alpha

Oh my goodness, I actually paid $45 for the service!

Quote Originally Posted by picatso View Post
    Count yourself lucky, $45/- to learn a lesson is cheap.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

So did u get any business from their network?

The link is gone!

The link is gone!
    AFAIK,

RCB request companies to renew their business licence on a yearly basis,

and usually webhost company want their customers to sign up for at lease two years contract for hosting plan.

so a business may winded up for some time and yet their website still exist.

their website, domain name will be removed once the contact ended

take this as a lesson and moved on.

This kind of concept has been around for a long time.
    Every now and then, some people will setup a website and just add every single photographers to their website without even telling them.
    Once the lists are long enough, they will contact individual photographer and ask them to pay to advertise. Some photographer, seeing that the list has some very "well known and popular" photographer, will find it very prestigious to be listed along with them.
    The truth is that those famous photographer may not even know they are in the list.

Check out icompare.com.sg, I believe most photography co. listed did not ask for or paid for the service.

Well, I may be wrong now, but earlier on, what they do is put your co. logo up and then email ask you if you're interested.
    If after awhile no response, they remove your listing and target other companies, basically going down google list I guess.
    So you see many top companies on their site as if gotten many support..

I do wonder which of these top photography co. will want clients who without even seeing their works just want to get quotes from bunch of companies.
    "1 enquiry, multiple quotations" is the tagline..geez
    Last edited by saberlancer; 11th January 2013 at 02:26 PM.

lol so what did you get ?
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Oui?? mrcompare.com.sg looks same..
    Seems like I helping to promote e site here lol..