Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 93449545758596061646984109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2210

Thread: Sentosa Thread III

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    nope. there are ways ard it. a lumiquest softbox, for example, really helps. tho, u need to bump up the flash power by 1/3 - 1 stop.
    no good for shooting brides in HDB rooms leh... there's not enough stand-off distance
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    no good for shooting brides in HDB rooms leh... there's not enough stand-off distance
    hmmm... not really. i shoot my models with a softbox up close and personal. no problems leh. still, each equipment got its pros and cons. if u can bear with the bulk, the strobo is good. i've seen it in action. and it does work.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

hmmm... not really. i shoot my models with a softbox up close and personal. no problems leh. still, each equipment got its pros and cons. if u can bear with the bulk, the strobo is good. i've seen it in action. and it does work.
    teach leh.. how u do that without those shadows drawing attention to those background.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    teach leh.. how u do that without those shadows drawing attention to those background.
    i din say there are no shadows. but, compared to shooting straight on with a stofen, the lumiquest softbox has lesser and lighter shadows. almost like when u using a softbox in a studio.

a lot of it is trial & error. if possible, i always go closer to the model so dat i dun have to bump the pwr up - thus lesser shadows but still light up the eyes and face. if have to stand further to take half or whole body - forget it. the pwr loss makes it pointless to shoot with a softbox. dats when i switch over to using a card and just use a bare flash (but adjust the pwr).

for a wedding shooter like u, if u want, a frame plus softbox best! then u can achieve the 45-deg optimal shooting position of flash+softbox. learnt this from russel wong's talks abt how to position ur softbox.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Now i know why someone recommended me to get a lumiquest softbox ...

Deregistered

i din say there are no shadows. but, compared to shooting straight on with a stofen, the lumiquest softbox has lesser and lighter shadows. almost like when u using a softbox in a studio.

a lot of it is trial & error. if possible, i always go closer to the model so dat i dun have to bump the pwr up - thus lesser shadows but still light up the eyes and face. if have to stand further to take half or whole body - forget it. the pwr loss makes it pointless to shoot with a softbox. dats when i switch over to using a card and just use a bare flash (but adjust the pwr).

for a wedding shooter like u, if u want, a frame plus softbox best! then u can achieve the 45-deg optimal shooting position of flash+softbox. learnt this from russel wong's talks abt how to position ur softbox.
    Got other ways bo, my bag v heavy liao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Now i know why someone recommended me to get a lumiquest softbox ...
    the only thing i dun like is dat it really draws attention to urself. the softbox is more conspicious then a stofen or card. oh yeah, dun bother with the mini-softbox version. get the full size softbox. the bigger the box, the better and more even the spread of light.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Got other ways bo, my bag v heavy liao
    ballhead can put in your pant's pocket, so it adds no weight to your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    get a backpack

another ball in your pants? Hmm

Deregistered

Cannot... I need fast access to my equipment esp flash & body... cannot put in pocket ...

the only thing i dun like is dat it really draws attention to urself. the softbox is more conspicious then a stofen or card. oh yeah, dun bother with the mini-softbox version. get the full size softbox. the bigger the box, the better and more even the spread of light.
    Yup i have to agree. Wanted to get it .. but then thinking... how often does one actually use it ... if i'm a regular wedding shooter ... i don't mind getting.

The ballhead option is interesting. Think I saw GENO using it yesterday at RC. Which ballhead cheap and light and good enuff to hold flash ar?

Yup i have to agree. Wanted to get it .. but then thinking... how often does one actually use it ... if i'm a regular wedding shooter ... i don't mind getting.
    don't buy things you don't need.

another ball in your pants? Hmm
    wonder who is the one who always complain us sick hor?

Blog Entries

if u not a flash person, forget it. stick to the stofen or card. tho i bought this a few months ago, only recently then i roughly figure out how to use it properly. still, its a lot of misses than hits...

anyway, in most portraiture books, writers recommend use natural light and reflectors for a more 'natural' lighting. no flash on earth has yet to replicate the biggest flash of all - the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    wonder who is the one who always complain us sick hor?
    all of us combine our fingers and toes also not enough to count how many times he cried about us.

all of us combine our fingers and toes also not enough to count how many times he cried about us.
    yeah i know.and he himself behaving like us...

Talking

hi guys....happy new year..i am back.....

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    hi guys....happy new year..i am back.....
    Hey Adrian! 恭喜发财! 红包拿来!