Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2641464950515253566176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2210

Thread: Sentosa Thread III

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Of cuz!!!
    Bought yr DSLR yet?? When u joining us for outings?
    Or u now busying wif sch gals??

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    Bought yr DSLR yet?? When u joining us for outings?
    Or u now busying wif sch gals??
    Haven't leh.. uh sch gals.. nah

yay 1000th post... hehehe
    Greedy as a pig?? Come here to snatch the 1k post!

Greedy as a pig?? Come here to snatch the 1k post!
    haha!

Haven't leh.. uh sch gals.. nah
    Wad u buying? D70 ah? Dun buy 300D lah... no value liao.. If u wan to buy canon, wait for the 350D to come out?

Blog Entries

Wad u buying? D70 ah? Dun buy 300D lah... no value liao.. If u wan to buy canon, wait for the 350D to come out?
    well, if FP is on a budget, then there's no better time to buy 300D than now, actually. this and the D100.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Personally ... advise piggy on going for:

300D - if money is an issue
    D100 - something for keeps with good performance and picture quality
    350D - if he can wait

Preferably, would advise FP to get D100.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Personally ... advise piggy on going for:

300D - if money is an issue
    D100 - something for keeps with good performance and picture quality
    350D - if he can wait

Preferably, would advise FP to get D100.

or, he can buy my 10D so dat i can use it as seed money to upgrade...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75

or, he can buy my 10D so dat i can use it as seed money to upgrade...

Even if i were to upgrade... it would be the 10D .. won't be touching the 20D anytime soon ... lenses first ...

Blog Entries

Even if i were to upgrade... it would be the 10D .. won't be touching the 20D anytime soon ... lenses first ...
    eh, upgrade for u? wat for? u already got a decent setup mah?

eh, upgrade for u? wat for? u already got a decent setup mah?
    a newbie's setup ... now just wanna get the lenses .. after which ... see how much left later change body for now .. studies first..

a newbie's setup ... now just wanna get the lenses .. after which ... see how much left later change body for now .. studies first..
    thought you used the hacked firmware and its equivalent to a 10D? why the need to buy a 10D?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    thought you used the hacked firmware and its equivalent to a 10D? why the need to buy a 10D?
    there are some impt features dat the hack dun provide. WB controls is one of them. apart from dat, the fps and memory buffer 10D has is better than 300D.

DA - u need a 10D, let me know? heehee... i'm going to replace my shutters in either mar or apr. so, it will be a 'new' cam after dat!

there are some impt features dat the hack dun provide. WB controls is one of them. apart from dat, the fps and memory buffer 10D has is better than 300D.

DA - u need a 10D, let me know? heehee... i'm going to replace my shutters in either mar or apr. so, it will be a 'new' cam after dat!
    i don't understand. what has the shutter got to do with being a "new cam" when it gets changed?

Blog Entries

i don't understand. what has the shutter got to do with being a "new cam" when it gets changed?
    shutter count = zero.

nowadays, in DSLRs, the only thing mechanical inside is ur shutters which has a definite life-span. normally, for consumer grade DSLRs like my 10D and ur D7D, IIRC the shutter life-span is ard 100K (give or take 10Ks). pro cams can go as high as 200K. so, some pros like to replace their shutters mid-way thru the life-span to avoid the cam dying on them mid-way thru an assignment. dats why canon pro-body owners join the CPS (canon professional service) and nikon got their own pro service. cost a fair bit for replacement and service charges.

dats why when u see people BnS DSLRs, the first question discerning buyers will ask the seller is the shutter life, not electronics life.

shutter count = zero.

nowadays, in DSLRs, the only thing mechanical inside is ur shutters which has a definite life-span. normally, for consumer grade DSLRs like my 10D and ur D7D, IIRC the shutter life-span is ard 100K (give or take 10Ks). pro cams can go as high as 200K. so, some pros like to replace their shutters mid-way thru the life-span to avoid the cam dying on them mid-way thru an assignment. dats why canon pro-body owners join the CPS (canon professional service) and nikon got their own pro service. cost a fair bit for replacement and service charges.

dats why when u see people BnS DSLRs, the first question discerning buyers will ask the seller is the shutter life, not electronics life.
    interesting. where did you get the info that shutter has a definite lifespan?

Blog Entries

interesting. where did you get the info that shutter has a definite lifespan?
    go and read some of the overseas review boards.

just look at BnS here locally. u know why some very good semi-pros CSers got a hard time selling their cams, even tho every one knows their cams are extremely well taken care of? its becos of shutter life. i remember one case where a semi-pro CSer who shoots weddings was trying to sell his DSLR. for better part of half-yr, he couldn't sell the s2pro even tho its a damn good cam. i asked my sifu why. he laughed and my head and told me, for those who knows, no one will buy becos of the shutter life. a full-time wedding shooter will burn thru the shutter life-span in a shorter time than u and me. so, most of the time, these pro Csers will spend a bit to replace the shutters b4 selling to upgrade their equipment.

eg. EOS1n (a film camera which EOS1Ds, 1DmkII and the new 1DsmkII are based on) has a shutter life of 100,000 cycles, which on average will last a normal shooter for ard 3 yrs. u can easily find this info on places like camerareview.com. i wanted to buy a 1n last yr. but, after reading up on it, i decided not to becos there's no 1n on the mkt then dat is under 3yrs old, including TCW. so, gave up the idea of getting a 1n and waited for a under 3yrs old EOS30 to pop up b4 buying. most probably will have to replace my EOS 30 shutters some time next yr too.

After when the shutter is "dead" you gonna change it? What about the CCD's? There'll be a lifespan too? at the canon webbie it listed 1D's has 200k shutter life.
    Last edited by Flyingpig; 13th February 2005 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries

After when the shutter is "dead" you gonna change it? What about the CCD's?
    haha... think u change it b4 it dies!

i saw ur question on my fren, meepokman, D100 sale. good! at least u know the rite question to ask. for a 8K count cam, its practically brand-new. i know him. he's a good shooter. but, recently becos of work, he din have time to go shooting. this, i believe, its his back-up. he shoots film most of the time.

the CCD for nikon, as aj23 explained to me, also got a life-span. not sure how many yrs it will last. but, recently when aj23 changed his shutters for his D2h, he also changed the CCD together. if u wanna know more, u might have to post on nikon sub-thread to ask the gurus there. except for the EOS1D, all canon DSLRs use CMOS which last longer than CCD.

haha... think u change it b4 it dies!

i saw ur question on my fren, meepokman, D100 sale. good! at least u know the rite question to ask. for a 8K count cam, its practically brand-new. i know him. he's a good shooter. but, recently becos of work, he din have time to go shooting. this, i believe, its his back-up. he shoots film most of the time.

the CCD for nikon, as aj23 explained to me, also got a life-span. not sure how many yrs it will last. but, recently when aj23 changed his shutters for his D2h, he also changed the CCD together. if u wanna know more, u might have to post on nikon sub-thread to ask the gurus there. except for the EOS1D, all canon DSLRs use CMOS which last longer than CCD.
    i see..okay thanks!