Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: Which lens to get for newbie?

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    And yes, I got the kit lens that came along with the dslr!

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzye View Post
    Thank you! You know where I'm coming from!

    I just got a 2nd hand Pentax k-r for a good price.

    I compared it with the Nikon D5000 and the Canon 50D, and felt most comfortable with this one

    I'm excited to get started now!
    Glad that you found the camera you like. Enjoy shooting!

  3. #43
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Happy shooting!
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  4. #44
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Pentax!!! AWESOME!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  5. #45
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng

    70-200 f2.8 is serious poison
    then again look at her APAD and iphone also poison! hehe...
    Awww, you're too kind, uncle thoongeng!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  6. #46
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post
    70-200 f2.8 is serious poison
    then again look at her APAD and iphone also poison! hehe...
    Yes, the 70-200 f2.8 is serious poison....I got it after the CB9..

    Bon Bon's iphone camera is also poisonous too....
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  7. #47
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Yes, the 70-200 f2.8 is serious poison....I got it after the CB9..

    Bon Bon's iphone camera is also poisonous too....
    To fully appreciate the power of the 70-200/2.8 IS II, you need to get a FF body... Time to pick up that mark3 bro.

  8. #48
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    70-200f2.8 is my primary lens nowadays.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #49
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    To fully appreciate the power of the 70-200/2.8 IS II, you need to get a FF body... Time to pick up that mark3 bro.
    walau...let me recover first bah. otoh, also waiting for photokina, see if got anything interesting.


    That day when I was thinking of getting up the 5d3, *Right outside the shop* I wasn't able to get pass the thought of spending 4k on a FF body, and I left
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  10. #50
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    70-200f2.8 is my primary lens nowadays.
    Hahaha see jazzye?? Just get it now and save your money by not spending it on unnecessary other lenses.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  11. #51
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Hahaha see jazzye?? Just get it now and save your money by not spending it on unnecessary other lenses.
    Someone once told me "Get the best, forget the rest"
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  12. #52
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    Someone once told me "Get the best, forget the rest"
    Sounds damn familiar... Lol

  13. #53
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

    Someone once told me "Get the best, forget the rest"
    That someone must be awesome. best advice ever.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  14. #54

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzye View Post
    Thank you! You know where I'm coming from!

    I just got a 2nd hand Pentax k-r for a good price.

    I compared it with the Nikon D5000 and the Canon 50D, and felt most comfortable with this one

    I'm excited to get started now!
    Great! Unfortunately now you need to learn the camera controls, read the manual, learn the theories of exposure/focus/composition etc etc

    Can join the various outings organised here and ask around for advice. If you're interested in landscapes the master daredevil123 just started organising outings again, watch out and book early, the latest one fully booked within a day!


    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Awww, you're too kind, uncle thoongeng!
    err... I know I'm not that young anymore but am also not that old lei hehe...

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Someone once told me "Get the best, forget the rest"
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Sounds damn familiar... Lol
    time to go to 1DX and D4!!!

  15. #55
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Please la thoongeng, i am no where close to being expert, much less master... I am just another GWC.

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Please la thoongeng, i am no where close to being expert, much less master... I am just another GWC.
    Huh? Grandmaster shifu, you are too humble!
    Alpha

  17. #57

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Please la thoongeng, i am no where close to being expert, much less master... I am just another GWC.


    hmm ok the GWC with nice photos, wrote many informative articles, organises outings, 14+k posts in clubsnap

  18. #58
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Huh? Grandmaster shifu, you are too humble!
    It is true... you are the real shifu here Ras...

  19. #59
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which lens to get for newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post


    hmm ok the GWC with nice photos, wrote many informative articles, organises outings, 14+k posts in clubsnap
    None of which matters. LOL

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    It is true... you are the real shifu here Ras...
    No, i am but a grasshopper before you
    Alpha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •