Thread: Texture and trishaw

Default Texture and trishaw

Trying to copy the trishaw shots of one bro here! Inspirated to do a similar shot! learn something from him! saw a new perspect of things. but forgot to shot with a smaller aperture

Hmmm was reading "Learning to see creatively"! Inside mention texture as an impt prospect to take not of when shooting. So kept a look out for it during one of my recent shoot. well, I saw this and i shot.
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

Think i shot wrongly for this but well, when i saw the print, i had this idea. it seems like the cam is doing wat my eye is doing. opening and closing

comments ? any ?
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

hmmmmm no one around ?

need some comments to improve! hehe
    thanks thanks in advance

Well, if u dun mind, i'm a noobie and i wish to comment on what i observed.
    I dunno about others but for me, my eyes keep focusing on the trishaws' wheels. Maybe you can shoot a bigger portion of trishaw rather that just the wheels? But ur 1st wall seems creative enuf. hehe...
    Anyway, it's just my own opinion. Happy CNY!

For future similar shots like the first, try to focus on the object closest to you(assuming it's your subject). Look carefully again at the shot, do you feel your attention being drawn to the large wheel? You notice immediately that it's OOF. If it wasn't meant as the subject don't give it such prominence in the shot.
    The 2nd one looks much more visually pleasing because of what I just mentioned.

For the wall shot, taking note of textures is fine but i would think rather than just blast a textured surface straight on, perhaps you could try shooting from different angles to incorporate not only texture, but also perspective and depth into the shot.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    For future similar shots like the first, try to focus on the object closest to you(assuming it's your subject). Look carefully again at the shot, do you feel your attention being drawn to the large wheel? You notice immediately that it's OOF. If it wasn't meant as the subject don't give it such prominence in the shot.
    The 2nd one looks much more visually pleasing because of what I just mentioned.
    noted!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    For the wall shot, taking note of textures is fine but i would think rather than just blast a textured surface straight on, perhaps you could try shooting from different angles to incorporate not only texture, but also perspective and depth into the shot.
    hmmmm any examples to portray the effect? cos i did think of that b4, but after aiming here and there, i still find heads-on giving the best effect.
    any examples about the method u suggested?