10th September 2012, 11:55 AM
Do You have the Winning Shot
Do You have the Winning Shot.
This contest is open to all senior photographers (55yrs and above as of September 2012) in Singapore. Organised by NTUC Club, U Live, this contest aims to provide a platform for senior photographers to come together and share their photos of the Mid-Autumn Festival 2012.
Win fabulous prizes for your most entertaining and colourful photos!
Participants stand to win:
1st Prize: 3D2N Costa Sands Resorts Voucher & $80 Downtown East Vouchers (total worth $500)
2nd Prize: 2D1N Costa Sands Resorts Voucher & $50 Downtown East Vouchers (total worth $260)
3rd Prize: 2D1N Costa Sands Resorts Voucher & $30 Downtown East Vouchers (total worth $240)
Snap memorable shots showing any activities, promotions and food this Mid-Autumn festival and post your photos on U Live Facebook’s wall, with a caption, by 30 September 2012.
The photos will be judged not just for creativity (80%) but also by the number of ‘Votes’ (20%) on Facebook. So gather your active ager friends on Facebook and vote for your photos!
Each participant is allowed to upload a maximum of 3 photographs at the link below.
U Live - Do You Have The Winning Shot? | Facebook
List of T&C;
Entering & Judging:
Top 3 winners will be chosen by U Live.
1.1 By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2 .1 The Competition is free to enter.
1.2.2 The Do You Have the Winning Shot? Competition is open to all U Live members and members of the public who are above the age of 55 yrs and 'Like' the U Live Facebook page U Live | Facebook.
1.3 Entries must be submitted by 11.59:59pm (GMT) on 30th September 2012.
2. To enter, You must upload Your image via U Live Facebook page (the "Website"), following the on-screen instructions carefully.
3.1 Entries will be judged by the U LIVE.
3.2 The decision of U LIVE is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
3.3 Each entrant can submit up too 3 images for free.
4.1 U LIVE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your entry available to the Competition
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
126.96.36.199 trademarks owned by third parties
188.8.131.52 copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
184.108.40.206 names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
4.1.7 Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than that of U LIVE.
4.1.8 Entries containing screen credits
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify U LIVE in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
6. U LIVE may run an online rating process whereby members of the public may vote for a favorite photograph. If there is sufficient evidence (in U LIVE’s sole discretion) to suggest malpractice and manipulation of the rating process, then U LIVE has the right to remove the relevant Entry or Entries and, if necessary, award the prize to a different contestant. U LIVE’s decisions are final.
7.1 U LIVE recognises You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
7.2 All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by U LIVE, for marketing and promotional purposes of the U LIVE Facebook page for a maximum of three years after the Competition closing date. You hereby grant U LIVE a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of the event and/or competition, including, but not limited too:
(a) judging the Competition
(b) displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions promoting U LIVE and organised by U LIVE
(c) inclusion within the Website, a U Live Photography Awards book, magazine or similar
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organised by U LIVE, in the promotion of the U LIVE
(e) inclusion on Competition- and exhibition-related products to be sold by the U LIVE or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) sub-licencing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 9.
8. Any photograph used by U LIVE shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as U LIVE uses its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
9 You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility for protecting any Entry against image misuse by any third party, for example, but not limited to the insertion of a watermark. U LIVE and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
10. U LIVE assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and U LIVE assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. U LIVE assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. U LIVE is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to U LIVE on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, U LIVE assumes no responsibility.
11. In no event will U LIVE, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
12. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
13. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in media and an exhibition should the image be required.
14. There are no cash alternatives available for prize winners.
15. Winners will be announced via phone and/or email .
16. Entrants must acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
NTUC U Live and its agent reserved the right to change the content of this event with or without prior notice.
For all other enquires , kindly email <Your Full Name>, <NRIC>, <Date Of Birth>, <Contact No.>, <Union you belong to, if any> to: email@example.com or call 6582 3825.
Thanks all for reading!
26th September 2012, 04:44 PM
Re: Do You have the Winning Shot
Competition is closing in 4 Days time, do submit your photos if you have not done so!
U Live - Do You Have The Winning Shot? | Facebook
Check out the submissions and add your own!
2nd October 2012, 11:09 AM
Re: Do You have the Winning Shot
Contest is officially close. Our Thanks to all who have participated.
you may view submitted photos here.
Do You Have the Winning Shot? | Facebook
2nd October 2012, 06:06 PM
When will the result be released.
Tags for this Thread