Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GXR! - Season II

Default Re: Ricoh GXR! - Season II

Pool Player@Crazy Elephant, Clarke Quay. Shot on GXR M50luxASPH at iso1600 f1.4 1/30, converted to black & white. Focus on the face but not as I sharp as I would like.
    Last edited by ziggy; 26th June 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

Pool Player@Crazy Elephant, Clarke Quay. Shot on GXR M50luxASPH at iso1600 f1.4 1/30, converted to black & white. Focus on the face but not as I sharp as I would like.
    Dying to know - so what do they have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinty View Post
    Dying to know - so what do they have in common?
    That a 12MP sensor at iso1600 is still pretty good? Also that I can still focus reasonably well with bifocals and shaky hands?

That a 12MP sensor at iso1600 is still pretty good? Also that I can still focus reasonably well with bifocals and shaky hands?
    think he meant the answer to the question on the board "what do toys and women..?"

That's the problem of focus too much on the settings, forgot the photo as a whole.

I also wonder what they have in common?
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    That's the problem of focus too much on the settings, forgot the photo as a whole.

I also wonder what they have in common?
    Children can play with both of them in public and wun attract stares?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post

Children can play with both of them in public and wun attract stares?
    Good one ! Yamasaki!
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Now I see. That TV screen with all the saucy riddles runs continuously at Crazy Elephant. It can be quite funny and it's part of Crazy Elephant's charm, I guess.

This photo is only so-so. The purpose of posting was to show that the GXR is really not bad as a tool, even with an aging 12MP sensor, iso1600, handheld at 1/30 for an effective 75mm focal length.

I couldn't get this result if I had used my Fuji XE1, somehow.

Imagine if Ricoh came up with a better sensor for the GXR.

The sensor of the M mount module is not bad at all. This picture is OOC B&W Jpeg taken with Pentax FA35/2 handheld at f2 | 1/80s | ISO3200 under the light rain. Actually, I should add a bit more noise for this picture!

GXR | Pentax FA35/2
    Last edited by chipvn; 26th June 2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Flickr | 500px | Sony | Pentax | Ricoh | Epson

Imagine if Ricoh came up with a better sensor for the GXR.
    It's already here, it's called GR.

It's already here, it's called GR.
    GR is not of the same genre. It's a compact, and it stays minimalistic in its own ways. 21/28. I won't even add the 35 since it's basically a crop of the image.

GXR-M Module really opens up the full spectrum of possibilities. A can of worms too. FD, PK, M, LTM, etc etc... You name it, the 3rd party adapters will be all there. What basically GXR users wants is a slightly better body (better buffers, better EVF - integrated even better, less shutter lag), and possibly a FF sensor M module.

I am prepared to stick with this camera until the end of its lifespan. It serves me well as a digital back for my lenses from the various makes. ;-)
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 27th June 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    ... and possibly a FF sensor M module.
    Me still waiting

I am prepared to stick with this camera until the end of its lifespan. It serves me well as a digital back for my lenses from the various makes. ;-)
    Me too
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB

GR is not of the same genre. It's a compact, and it stays minimalistic in its own ways. 21/28. I won't even add the 35 since it's basically a crop of the image.

GXR-M Module really opens up the full spectrum of possibilities. A can of worms too. FD, PK, M, LTM, etc etc... You name it, the 3rd party adapters will be all there. What basically GXR users wants is a slightly better body (better buffers, better EVF - integrated even better, less shutter lag), and possibly a FF sensor M module.

Mine is at it's lifespan, my first camera to be. & the only one I use purely with manual lenses. The M mount is such a wonderful camera even with its quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    Me still waiting

Me too
    Oh you still holding to it?

Quote Originally Posted by chipvn View Post
    The sensor of the M mount module is not bad at all. This picture is OOC B&W Jpeg taken with Pentax FA35/2 handheld at f2 | 1/80s | ISO3200 under the light rain. Actually, I should add a bit more noise for this picture!

GXR | Pentax FA35/2
    yes, more grains please

Agree, just rubbing the GR poison here,the GXR M mount is really something. Looking at the Pentax Ricoh lineup, you sense that it is time for better sensor M mount,n I can only imagine a FF sensor that would push GXR to the next level.Standing out from the rest, a revolution!

Agree, just rubbing the GR poison here,the GXR M mount is really something. Looking at the Pentax Ricoh lineup, you sense that it is time for better sensor M mount,n I can only imagine a FF sensor that would push GXR to the next level.Standing out from the rest, a revolution!
    We know that the Leica M is already one. Possibly NEX very soon. I doubt Pentax Ricoh is investing on this one.

We know that the Leica M is already one. Possibly NEX very soon. I doubt Pentax Ricoh is investing on this one.
    I also doubt on this. It might not so simple to just implement the up to date Sony sensor in the new GXR M Module if Ricoh still want to maintain the nice philosophy that used in the original GXR M Module. So far, GXR M Module is still the only one in the market don't really have any color shifting issue with all of the wide angle M mount lens (say 21mm an below) from the hardware stand point thanks for the optimized sensor. All other M mount approach (even native Leica) still suffer from that issue. All thing call lens profile are just another "clever" ways to call lens and/ or sensor software (or firmware) correction methods!

I have used a lot of cameras in this long time hobby. My oldest is an M3 with a 50lux dating back to 1961, bought by my uncle with the help of my mother. My Nikkormat FTn with a 50mm f2 is still functioning well, dents and all. One of my all-time favourites is the Nikon F3 and the other is the GXR M.

Like any typical kiasu Singaporean, I have 2 GXRM just in case one dies on me before Ricoh can come up with a replacement model.

Besides being able to use on a variety of lenses from a Leica M21mm to a Canon FD400f2.8, the PQ is very satisfying, probably due to the no-AA filter AND the microlenses. It is also very compact - I can fit 2 bodies with VF + 4 M lenses in the tiny Think Tank Hubba Hiney bag. Not so good pictures? The photographer's fault.

But the biggest plus for me is that I am able to shoot at lower shutter speeds compared to the Fuji XE1 which I have too, by at least 1 stop. Don't ask me why but this is my experience.

Now I can only hope that if not for a GXR FF module, an improved APSC one will better than nothing.
    Last edited by ziggy; 27th June 2013 at 05:22 PM.

+1 Ziggy, the only thing i really want with GXR is the sensor cleaning mechanism
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    yes, more grains please
    Here we go! These are OOC B&W Jpeg taken with module GXR 28/2.5 @ISO1600. The first picture looks too clean so I added more grain to the second one to make it more film like!

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast