Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GXR! - Season II

Default Re: Ricoh GXR! - Season II

Besides being a little larger, I can't really tell what are the advantages of the GR over the GXR. Any GXR owners here planning to switch to GR, if so, what are your reasons (other than getting the latest tech)?

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Besides being a little larger, I can't really tell what are the advantages of the GR over the GXR. Any GXR owners here planning to switch to GR, if so, what are your reasons (other than getting the latest tech)?
    GXR lens can take out separate from body, but cannot retract!
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Hello all, my first post here…

Has anyone found an L-plate to use with a Ricoh GXR with M-mount A12? I think AMhjbyeo some time ago showed a Sunwayfoto plate, I guess it was the DPL-01. Can anyone confirm that it can be used with the M-mount A12?

Does anyone know how much it cost to reapply the rubber onto the GXR? The damn thing finally decided to start coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    Does anyone know how much it cost to reapply the rubber onto the GXR? The damn thing finally decided to start coming off.
    Last time i asked officially to change grip is $80, and btw you can choose between the rubber,carbon style, or wood, just like GRD series.
    dunno if it's still available
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

Quote Originally Posted by iamnubie View Post
    Last time i asked officially to change grip is $80, and btw you can choose between the rubber,carbon style, or wood, just like GRD series.
    dunno if it's still available
    Ugh. I was afraid of this. I mgiht just live with it and if it comes off fully, use some IPA to clean it off completely.

Yes, but sometimes the sticky feeling quite annoying. The new GR looks like using identical material. Humidity is the big enemy.
    Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted

Quote Originally Posted by bernardf View Post
    Hello all, my first post here…

Has anyone found an L-plate to use with a Ricoh GXR with M-mount A12? I think AMhjbyeo some time ago showed a Sunwayfoto plate, I guess it was the DPL-01. Can anyone confirm that it can be used with the M-mount A12?
    It's the DPL-03. And you need to take out the camera stop option to make it work I think.

Thanks for your quick reply! I will order it (can be found on eBay in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    It's the DPL-03. And you need to take out the camera stop option to make it work I think.
    -- Bernard

Few more pics for the page!

Taken with Carl Zeiss Jena 135/3.5 lens wide opened.

Flickr | 500px | Sony | Pentax | Ricoh | Epson

Quote Originally Posted by chipvn View Post
    Few more pics for the page!

Taken with Carl Zeiss Jena 135/3.5 lens wide opened.

My.... Really lives up to its name...
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Managed to get this panorama this morning with GXR and Pentax DA15/4 Ltd! Would be much nice without the crane! Saw one GXR master this morning shooting around with M module and properly a Zeiss 15 ZM but dun know who!

Last edited by chipvn; 8th June 2013 at 05:14 PM.

I have received the L-plate this morning. Unfortunately it doesn't fit: the M-Mount module is almost 1 cm wider then the 28 or 50mm modules. I can only fit the L-plate the its vertical part on the grip side (not the best psoition!), and even this way it is not stable because the camera stop "bar" is too far from the body and the L-plate can rotate slightly. I have already returned the plate!

I will now try another L-plate: the LU100 Universal L-Bracket from Markins. This one might work…:-)
    -- Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by bernardf View Post
    I have received the L-plate this morning. Unfortunately it doesn't fit: the M-Mount module is almost 1 cm wider then the 28 or 50mm modules. I can only fit the L-plate the its vertical part on the grip side (not the best psoition!), and even this way it is not stable because the camera stop "bar" is too far from the body and the L-plate can rotate slightly. I have already returned the plate!

I will now try another L-plate: the LU100 Universal L-Bracket from Markins. This one might work…:-)
    Hi, sorry it didnt work out for u. you need to remove the stop bar for it to work. But it's not a perfect fit... Anyways, gd luck with ur search.

With Pentax DA15/4 Limited:

With Pentax DA15/4 Limited:

Different sites, but we both saw the same cloud formation (I was at Punggol). Your adapter allows you to change aperture?

Different sites, but we both saw the same cloud formation (I was at Punggol). Your adapter allows you to change aperture?
    Yes, I'm using the Kipon PK/DA - M adaptor which allows to change aperture for DA lens.

Yes, I'm using the Kipon PK/DA - M adaptor which allows to change aperture for DA lens.
    Great. I can see the signature star burst from the lens. ;-)

Shot with GXR / A12 50mm, image setting B&W.

PENTAX l OldKMan

Great. I can see the signature star burst from the lens. ;-)
    That is the reason why this little 15/4 is the only DA lens I keep since moving to GXR. I sold the 21/40/70/DFA100WR along with the FA35/2 for the Trio FA Limited Silver and waiting for the GXR FF!