Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy cheaper earphones/headphones?

Talking about the 1) senheiser is the market leader 2) sony is a close second comment. Fortunately for the consumer section the good quality earphones come from manufacturers like Shure and Sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r
    What kinda generalisation is that? What people like to make such BROAD generalisations?
    1) BOSE currently manufacturers and actively markets two cans, namely:
    -QuietComfort® 2 Acoustic Noise Canceling® headphones (299 USD)
    -TriPort® headphones (149 USD)
    2) Sennheiser has the largest market share, at least in the UK and USA
    3) Sony is the dominant player, after Sennheiser

Thus I have not made a "BROAD generalisations" as claimed by you.

-Please don’t shout. It is a strident insult to both Club Snappers, and Singaporeans in general. Especially when the statement is an aspersion to one's intelligence, presented without any evidence or explanation of deduction and posted in a public forum.

-I refuse to make another post that does not help the OP. If you disagree with my views, need a clarification, or really, really want to know "What people like to make such BROAD generalisations?" feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by dundee; 10th February 2005 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Wah so cheap? Is it the better brands? If so, I'll go check out...
    I would suggest these two, if you want something portable, with reasonable sound at around $70-80
    1) Sennheiser PX100
    2) Koss PortaPro

Listen to both, and decide which you prefer.

If you're looking for a good pair of cans ...

Grado SR-60 / SR-80
    Sennheiser is good too. But a tad bit too pricy.
    Sony wise.. i'm using the MDR-V300 ... not a bad pair of cans average sounding unless you go for the broadcast standard DJ use models which sound better or equal in quality.

Grado SR-60/80 is open-back, might not be suitable if u like to listen loud loud in mrt/bus as the person beside can enjoy the same music

noone mentions AKG? last time they used to be quite talk-about, price a little on the high side but very good and comfortable. not sure how izzit now

Sennheiser is so-so only compare to these 2 brands, except for those very ex 1s (>$300)

dont mind does anybody know why earphones keep slipping off \? isit beause the earphone cover lose its friction or my ear too big lolz sorry

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    dont mind does anybody know why earphones keep slipping off \? isit beause the earphone cover lose its friction or my ear too big lolz sorry
    it would help if you specify the kind of cans u r using....

its the normal kind that came with the mp3 player. simple earphone with the rubber grip cover over it

its the normal kind that came with the mp3 player. simple earphone with the rubber grip cover over it
    Hmm i get that problem with the "Free" earphones sometimes too...or really cheap ones..(<$10)

I switched to mid-priced SONY earphones ($16-20+) and found the design to be more comfortable.

Diff people diff ears....maybe

I use a pair of Grado SR60 (S$120 from MBD) in office and Sony N.U.D.E. EX71 ($68 from Sony Clementi) when on the go

lolz..that means i got to upgrade earphone liaoz

i've got a sennheiser HD 200
    excellent sound. deep rich bass. and the pad fits nicely over my ear shutting out background noise and preventing leakage. (thus avoiding making me look like a juvenile delinquent)

a sony MDR E888
    for days when i go shooting and have too much to carry. no match...

bot an EX71 as a gift
    tested it out, awesome... beats my MDR E888 hands down...

try changing the sponge to a thicker one. but that will affect the sound quality. the std earphones that come with players aren't usually that good anyway.

get a new pair, try ones like the EX71. it's built like those SAF earplugs. it goes right into ur ear. guarranteed not to fall off!

Hmm those always drop off.... lolz its just poorly made, i guess. Get a better 1, you wont regret it.
    Last edited by dundee; 20th February 2005 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    bot an EX71 as a gift
    tested it out, awesome... beats my MDR E888 hands down...
    Looks like you're a Basshead.. In which case, the Beyer Dynamics DT-770's would suit you even better than the Senn HD-200's.

Org. P: If you're willing to pay and need isolation, get the Etymotics Research ER-4P's. They're S$460/ pair though.
    Comes in very nice box (Pelican, I believe) and with cut foam inserts to hold everything. Also has choices of flange and foam tips to fit your ears.
    Otherwise, consider the ER-6i's or Shure E2C's. They're cheaper but still over S$100.
    The only 'better isolating' in-canal earbuds are Sensaphonics Sensaphones Pro 2X and UE 10 Pro's.. Both are custom built (you need to get a mold of your ear done up) and can only be bought online. Damage: US$900++

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Looks like you're a Basshead.. In which case, the Beyer Dynamics DT-770's would suit you even better than the Senn HD-200's.
    thanx for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    The only 'better isolating' in-canal earbuds are Sensaphonics Sensaphones Pro 2X and UE 10 Pro's.. Both are custom built (you need to get a mold of your ear done up) and can only be bought online. Damage: US$900++

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude

get a new pair, try ones like the EX71. it's built like those SAF earplugs. it goes right into ur ear. guarranteed not to fall off!
    I've been using them since the days of EX70 (More than 7 years ago). If i'm not wrong, i bought my 1st pair in 1995. Good stuff.

HD 200 is difficult to drive... more than 3/4 of the volume of my iPod, obviousdude, dont u find that HD 200 is rather difficult to drive from a direct portable source?

on the other hand, I also have HD 497. but it's an open can, in lab where I do my work, the person next to me might be disturbed by my music.
    difficult choices to make
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by squalle
    HD 200 is difficult to drive... more than 3/4 of the volume of my iPod, obviousdude, dont u find that HD 200 is rather difficult to drive from a direct portable source?

on the other hand, I also have HD 497. but it's an open can, in lab where I do my work, the person next to me might be disturbed by my music.
    difficult choices to make
    haha
    yes you're right it does need more juice to get the volume up, but it's still workable.

i have to push the volume control up to above 3/4 in fact. (3/4 for the sony in-ear ones) but then again, i've been told that i listen to my music very loud.

so some people could make do with a lower volume setting.

I have a pair of Panasonic noise-isolating earphones (can't remember the model number - cost me $59 at Best Denki) which works great for isolating background noise. I was thinking of getting active noise-cancelling ones, but read that the noise-isolating ones (which are basically earplugs with a speaker inside) outperform the noise-cancelling ones.

No regrets, highly recommended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast