Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor cover at Changi - 05Feb2005

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    This I agrees with Rinoa. I had seen models complaining to me certain photographers are pretty clueless and just ask them pose, but they do not know what the photographers want. When the do a pose, the photographers will be saying things like "this is not the pose I want, can you pose another pose?". Models are just human, they are not mind readers, however some photographers just expect the models to do wonders. If that pose posed by the model works everytime, then chances are it has been used many times. As a photographer, you should be the one bringing out the part of the models that is yet to be discovered and not just "wei, can do a sitting down pose or not".
    I agree with blurblock too. Photographer should be responsible to tell the model what pose you want, even professional model may not pose as good. Photographer's eyes can see everything and should tell model what to pose if he/she deems necessary.

Deregistered

Do what I do always.

POSE FOR HER TO SEE.

Quote Originally Posted by piranas
    Do not agree with you bro. It takes two hands to clap and two to tango. If everything also must tell the model what do to, how to pose, might as well she pays me to teach her, not me paying her to the session....hahaaa
    If she does the all poses which she deemed good for every shoot, every angle that you are taking when you say 'strike a pose', might as well let her be the photgrapher.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Do what I do always.

POSE FOR HER TO SEE.
    yup yup ... I do that also for the model to see to get an idea what I want from the pose ...

If you cant tells ... just SHOW her lor ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Please do not blame on Models for not posing properly. I have work with Pro Models and Super Models and they are all human after all. She can be the best posed model in Singapore, heck the world but if.........

This is some problem which I notice when I conduct courses...
    1) Capturing the wrong angle
    2) Little or no communication at all with your models
    3) Ran out of ideas (this happends to many inexperience/newbies photographers) in posing
    4) Not prepared at all for your shoot (Research must be done)
    5) Did not brief at all with your models on what your ideas are
    6) Keep asking her to be "Natural" and "Be Yourself" is a BIG no no!
    7) Keep looking or staring at the model (especially when wearing something less or very sexy) which makes them feel uncomfortable
    8) Execution of shots. (Model waited too long for a photographer to take a shot)
    9) And the list goes on and on.......

I am not saying you are not a good photographer but go thru again on what happend the day of your shoot which makes you get angry. FHM Girls, Playboy Girls, Miss World, Miss Universe and whatever other Beauty Pageant's are all the same. They are good in posing but you have to make it better. If they can at least pose, that will make your life easier as you can see this particular model is a very flexible person to work with.

So if there was one person to blame is nobody but yourself as EVERYONE who has not shot a model before always have a misconception that just because she is a Model, she is good in posing front of camera. YOU make it good. Not her. Although I have not seen this model of yourself but I will try to make the best out if it.

Those who tried before will actually know how difficult it is. If you think it's not worth paying, well start off by looking for friends and relatives. I am VERY VERY sure you do have some friends/relatives are females. You do not need a pro model. The best is to try it out again.

I apologise to the thread starter if you find this to harsh towards you. I will remove my post if you find it uneasy for you to read.

Have a nice day and Happy New Year everyone!
    Last edited by Pro Image; 7th February 2005 at 02:42 PM.

I don't think it's harsh. I agree with you totally, Pro Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I am not saying you are not a good photographer but go thru again on what happend the day of your shoot which makes you get angry. FHM Girls, Playboy Girls, Miss World, Miss Universe and whatever other Beauty Pageant's are all the same. They are good in posing but you have to make it better.
    Have a nice day and Happy New Year everyone!
    Got Playboy Girls in Singapore meh ... How come I dun know ??? ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Phildate
    Guests

Fair comments ProImage Happy New Year to you too. Must catch up soon - you can teach me more model posing techniques

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Go to some shaby newspaper stand at Katong Shopping Centre than say ..... Auntie .... got "Special" magazine or not .... LOL .....

it's really quite the photographer's job to bring something special out of the model
    that's why certain photographers get paid so much more than others
    Avedon has that ability, to bring it out of models and normal people
    lots of other photographers too. you can try posing for them, playing certain kinds of music, chatting with them, etc etc
    hope that helps, personally I'd rather pay money for an actor to pose for me than a model

u don hav internet at home meh???
    always the Light, .... always.

Got....of course got. You just have not open your eyes wide enough.

Quote Originally Posted by phildate
    Fair comments ProImage Happy New Year to you too. Must catch up soon - you can teach me more model posing techniques
    Eh me no need to teach you lar. You are an expert man! All your equipments is stack up nicely. The models are waiting for you. You are a good poser yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gooner
    I don't think it's harsh. I agree with you totally, Pro Image.
    Thanks and welcome to Clubsnap. I hope you will have a wonderful time with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    u don hav internet at home meh??
    Of course he does! If not how on earth did he wrote this message. BTW, correct me if I am wrong but there are certain sites like Playboy and so on is being block by Singapore Censorship Board. So that is why KO is deprived from it. Hehe....but he is getting a fair share for himself with his Uzi! Blasting away like there is no tommorrow.

Got....of course got. You just have not open your eyes wide enough.
    Next time you point me the ways ..

Of course he does! If not how on earth did he wrote this message. BTW, correct me if I am wrong but there are certain sites like Playboy and so on is being block by Singapore Censorship Board. So that is why KO is deprived from it. Hehe....but he is getting a fair share for himself with his Uzi! Blasting away like there is no tommorrow.
    Pro Image
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Smile

Thanks for the welcome, Pro Image. I am already enjoying myself. Have already participated in a few hotoshoots.

I mean photoshoots. Forgive my fat fingers.

agree totally with Pro Image that the photog has the TOTAL CONTROL of any shoot, be it still-life or people, studio shoots particularly.

a good photog knows the poses and pose the model/sitter, instead of the model/sitter posing by themselves. so newbie photogs keen to pick up posed-people photography have to read more books on posing, see more magazines and try the poses out on photogs yourselves then implement on models/sitters. then its shoot, shoot and shoot more!

juz .1 cts....

Quote Originally Posted by des72
    agree totally with Pro Image that the photog has the TOTAL CONTROL of any shoot, be it still-life or people, studio shoots particularly.

a good photog knows the poses and pose the model/sitter, instead of the model/sitter posing by themselves. so newbie photogs keen to pick up posed-people photography have to read more books on posing, see more magazines and try the poses out on photogs yourselves then implement on models/sitters. then its shoot, shoot and shoot more!

juz .1 cts....
    Well you can't blame all. I know some of you all are working full time in a different line. So finding time to read and prepare is already a pain in the back. Then again if you love photography so much and want to make full use of your investment, by all means. To me I am just sharing some of my knowledge to help those who REALLY wants to learn. You can explain pages after pages online but if you are not a discpline person, you will still the same problem time after time.

Shoot shoot shoot more does not help at all if yolu are still making the same mistakes. So the best is find one day and sit down. Look at the photos that you have done. Pick a handful out which you think is the best. Don't be greedy or console yourself that every photo is beautiful as you are just lying to yourself. From there you will see your trueself(your style) and your weakness.

As a photographer(whether you are serious hobbiest or casual) I think it's good to just pick up some basic knowledge before going out to venture since your pocket is not deep enough.

As a photographer(whether you are serious hobbiest or casual) I think it's good to just pick up some basic knowledge before going out to venture since your pocket is not deep enough.

Simply saying, maximised every cent you spend.

One can only read so much about posing a model so on and so forth. Itís also your rapport with the model. How comfortable the model is with the photographer and vice versa. Remember, you are not photographing an inanimate subject. Some models are pretty raw and they need time to warm up. What I always do is I usually take head shots first; thatís also when the modelís make-up is fresh, then I moved on to have body shots and end the day with full body shots. By then, the model would also be tired and it would do to take head shots as her make-up wouldnít be fresh. Other models who are more professional can warm up pretty quickly and those are a joy to work with. Always plan you shoots, where you are going, how long you want the session to be and stick to the timing, the attire that you want the model to wear, talk to the model, make chit chat, get her to warm up to you so she would be too stiff when she is posing. Ever notice why your friends and relatives can pose in a relax manner when you are taking their pictures than compare to a complete stranger. At the end of the day, portraiture is more than just taking pictures of model in various poses. How one interacts with the subject also determines the outcome of the photoshoot.

hmmm......

Firstly, the girl next door competition is not a pro model competition....not even miss singapore universe is....

Its true that professional models may be able to better capture angles and understand wat photogrs want.... but lets face it.... wat u picture in ya mind cannot be perfectly translated my mere vocal means....

Wat i believe is that the photog has to be the alpha male in the shoot.. from planning to directing the crew and model.... if the model cant get wat u want.... then dun waste the frame...be it digital or film...make sure she gets the pose right first...

By right, a GOOD photog should go up to the model, and pose for her to see.....when she gets the rough idea....then u ask her to shift here/there.... look here/there to do the minor adjustments....

as mentioned... if u merely "told" her to pose, then its useless.... anyway for screwing up a shot coz of supposed poor posing is not really tt true.... the photog is the one holding the cam.... as mentioned .... u can choose not to shutter off.....

Regarding rapport...this is something that is by right, not associated with photog as much as its with inter-personal relations..... if u can "click" with ppl....GOOD....if not....then as a photog its time to start trying.....

so whose fault is it really.... i cant really tell..... coz everytime i shoot...if there's a minor glitch....its always my fault anyway.....

cheers....
    The Witness....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast