Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Photokina

Default 2012 Photokina

Just wondering, is anyone going or been to Photokina before
    photokina | Home

Been there in 1998. It is an eye opener.
    Wish to go there again

Default Re: 2012 Photokina

Nope, but I hope to attend one day. Probably consider it as a holiday as well.

Hi, Hi, I flying there on Sunday. let you know if I see something interesting especially from Canon or Nikon..he, he..

Nope but would like to go once..

Quote Originally Posted by Raimager View Post
    Hi, Hi, I flying there on Sunday. let you know if I see something interesting especially from Canon or Nikon..he, he..
    Are you flying there just for the expo? Please check out the Nikon V2 for me.:P

Wooo, awesome. Please keep us all updated ya!

Morning guys, Oh it is morning here, 6 hrs behind. let u know more when I go there today.

By the way, Nikon D600 on sales in Germany already, that wat I saw from a closed shop at night yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimager
    Morning guys, Oh it is morning here, 6 hrs behind. let u know more when I go there today.

By the way, Nikon D600 on sales in Germany already, that wat I saw from a closed shop at night yesterday.
    How is Frankfurt btw? :-)

I landed in Frankfurt and took their express train to Cologne for the exhibition, it about 1 hr, did not stay in Frankfurt, weather is cool - 10 + to lower 20+ Deg. in Germany now

I saw the new Canon 6D and manage to hand on for a quick look. feel sighlty heavier than 7D and it designs is pretty like it as well. some new features like wifi and HD video which is design on the camera for "quick activiation" - did not get to test it and see how it works. Personally , i bit disappoint on the spec. for 11 AF points. On Nikon, did not see V2 , saw that they have J2.

I realised that there is D800E - sorry not a Nikon fan "at the moment" so I am not sure what the different with D800.

By the way, that shop put the Nikon D600 on sales show that they are running promo for Photokina at Euro 1799 - body only.

Walked over the print section and realise many manufacturers working on high end commerical inkjet system and dye dublimation technology to competing the current chemical/silver halide solution.

That all for today.

Blog Entries

photos please and more updates !!

moved to kopitiam
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Is Nex 6 there ???? & the new 11-18mm E mount lens???
    Last edited by rcheong1282; 19th September 2012 at 09:18 AM.

D600 about 20% cheaper!?

Hi, no worry on the D600 price, I saw that the normal price is Euro 21xx but for Photokina they are promoting Euro 1799, do not forget that their VAT(GST) is about 19% here.

Well, if have time I will check on Nex 6 . I should be looking around for camera bags and lighting today.

I have photos on the Photokina , not on the new camera models but I am not sure how to upload in CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimager
    Hi, no worry on the D600 price, I saw that the normal price is Euro 21xx but for Photokina they are promoting Euro 1799, do not forget that their VAT(GST) is about 19% here.

Well, if have time I will check on Nex 6 . I should be looking around for camera bags and lighting today.

I have photos on the Photokina , not on the new camera models but I am not sure how to upload in CS.
    Yup but in the ‚1799 the 19% VAT are already included. You should buy one tax free.
    Last edited by ageha; 19th September 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ageha

Yup but in the €1799 the 19% VAT are already included.
    That's only sgd2418 before 19% vat, and if imported into sg with 7% gst Sgd2588 (assuming 1.6 exchange rate)

hoping you would be able to upload the photos....
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

Bring one back and sell your 5D2 check for me 600EX-RT and EOS6D selling price and sms me. Thanks

Last edited by pohkc15763; 19th September 2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Sony A7R, Sony A7, OMD EM5, EOSM

Quote Originally Posted by pohkc15763 View Post
    Bring one back and sell your 5D2 check for me 600EX-RT and EOS6D selling price and sms me. Thanks
    The EOS 6D will ship in December worldwide if the Chinese workers don't destroy the factory...
    Last edited by ageha; 19th September 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pohkc15763
    Wah very demanding. He should SMS you too, eh? Personal concierge?
    Alpha

no worry, I know him.! I already inform him it cost about S$1000 for the 600EX-RT. I went back to the shop to buy a " sport cap" something I alway do when I visit a new country. there is a correction - the price of the Nikon D600 is Euro 1997(include VAT) but I can claim about 12% back at the airport. the guy told me there is 1 yr "International" warranty. But I am not a Nikon fan as I will have a few lens to clear if I were to switch camp.

Sorry "struck" in meeting today and only have time to see the print areas, no time for Sony. I will try tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast