Thread: Filters help

Default Filters help

Hi guys. am looking into getting ND filters. but do not know what to get (besides a UV filter im currently using to protect my lens).

So was thinking should i get a square filter set first to try out first and explore abit first before i invest in a proper ND filter?
    Also does the filter brand matter? if so which brand of ND filter is recommended?

thanks in advance

Default Re: Filters help

Since got people post , is it good for using hoya polarized cpl filter in all kind of shooting ?

Quote Originally Posted by m32t8103
    Since got people post , is it good for using hoya polarized cpl filter in all kind of shooting ?
    Not for indoors n low light shooting ya. Outdoor is good to use CPL filters. Hoya is pretty ok.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Quote Originally Posted by dallaskhl View Post
    Hi guys. am looking into getting ND filters. but do not know what to get (besides a UV filter im currently using to protect my lens).

So was thinking should i get a square filter set first to try out first and explore abit first before i invest in a proper ND filter?
    Also does the filter brand matter? if so which brand of ND filter is recommended?

thanks in advance
    this should help.

Newbie Guide to Filters
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by m32t8103 View Post

filters are use to serve some purpose, using filters when they are not needed, it deficit the purpose of using filters may cause even more problems.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by m32t8103 View Post
    Do you use umbrella all day and night? Or only when it rains? A filter is a tool, similar to umbrella. Use when needed, remove when not. Understand the functions of filters, read the filter guide as linked by catchlights.
    EOS

thanks for the advice. will look at the guide