Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 150

Thread: Moderators & Members

  1. #1
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Lightbulb Moderators & Members

    Hmmm i've been wondering about this for some time now but can anyone tell me the difference between a member and a senior member? =O

    And besides mods like catchlights, who are the other moderators? =O do they moderate only specific sub forums or do they hover around all subforums? =O
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  2. #2

    Default

    Senior member is just if you've been around a while and have a minimum post count. It's a worthless title. :-)
    Alpha

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Senior member is just if you've been around a while and have a minimum post count. It's a worthless title. :-)
    or when your account hits a bug too. but hey, the extra PM limit is always a nice to have around here.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Senior member is just if you've been around a while and have a minimum post count. It's a worthless title. :-)
    Senior membership accourts you with a certain prestige and an uncertain swagger in your walk.

    Fellow photographers tends to smile at you with a self-deprecating air if you are a senior member.

    And of course they expect a senior member to pay the bill if they sit down for a meal.

  6. #6
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion

    Senior membership accourts you with a certain prestige and an uncertain swagger in your walk.

    Fellow photographers tends to smile at you with a self-deprecating air if you are a senior member.

    And of course they expect a senior member to pay the bill if they sit down for a meal.
    Sion. Feel like eating with me, a junior member? XD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    i can give u the title for a coffee.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Sion. Feel like eating with me, a junior member? XD
    A junior member must sit on the laps of a senior member.

  9. #9
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion

    A junior member must sit on the laps of a senior member.
    That sounds... Kinky xD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  10. #10
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid
    i can give u the title for a coffee.....
    Let me squeeze out a meal from sion first XD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    How come you are still a junior member?

    What happens to your 功劳?


  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Hmmm i've been wondering about this for some time now but can anyone tell me the difference between a member and a senior member? =O

    And besides mods like catchlights, who are the other moderators? =O do they moderate only specific sub forums or do they hover around all subforums? =O
    go to every sections of the sub forums, you can find out who are the mods in charge of that sub forum near the bottom of the page, but there are more moderators not listed.


    senior member are members who are register with CS for longer time than most other members and being a little more active in postings.

    other than this, it does not mean senior member will be more knowledgeable in photography or always have positive contribution toward this community.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    or when your account hits a bug too. but hey, the extra PM limit is always a nice to have around here.
    How much extra is the PM limit? I didn't notice my previous limit.

  14. #14
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    go to every sections of the sub forums, you can find out who are the mods in charge of that sub forum near the bottom of the page, but there are more moderators not listed.


    senior member are members who are register with CS for longer time than most other members and being a little more active in postings.

    other than this, it does not mean senior member will be more knowledgeable in photography or always have positive contribution toward this community.
    i see... i asked the moderator question because i always see yourself moderating in all the forums but rarely other mods, so yeah haha. wow i didn't notice the moderator thingy at the bottom of the page before. thanks =D
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  15. #15

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    ahhhh....so that's why my nick is in BLACK.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    ahhhh....so that's why my nick is in BLACK.
    What is the green light behind your nick?

    When it is turning red?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    What is the green light behind your nick?

    When it is turning red?
    after it turns amber

  18. #18
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    How much extra is the PM limit? I didn't notice my previous limit.
    IIRC, member is 100, senior member is 300
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  19. #19

    Default Re: Moderators & Members

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    senior member is 300
    THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

  20. #20
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    IIRC, member is 100, senior member is 300
    Seniors talk a lot. :3
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •