Thread: wah today fireworks was quite impressive

Thumbs up wah today fireworks was quite impressive

hope some clubsnappers had capture the beautiful images

actually it felt more like a bad case coitus interruptus, with less than 10 minutes of it. did anyone time it and the preview as well? thought the preview was longer? anyway fired off less than a dozen long exposures before it ended. disappointed

andrew

very disappointed with the length of the fireworks. i got throught with only 15 shots. And it's not impressive. What a letdown!
    Last edited by mervlam; 9th August 2002 at 11:45 PM.

Originally posted by kh_drew
    actually it felt more like a bad case coitus interruptus, with less than 10 minutes of it. did anyone time it and the preview as well? thought the preview was longer? anyway fired off less than a dozen long exposures before it ended. disappointed

andrew
    It's said to be 3 minutes. And the previous one was 90 seconds.

actually, I would say this year's fireworks seems to be the worst..... it was better in previous years... last year's one was impressive, the "golden shower" was better...
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Impressive? I think it's a letdown. It lasted all of 2-3 minutes only and is not that nice. I didn't even manage to finish 1 roll of film while shooting it. Last year's better IMO.

Regards
    CK

Midnight
    Guests

It was quite short, lasting about four or five minutes altogether according to the date/time stamps of my shots. I was talking to another photographer there, and we were both expecting a "second round"... but alas, it was not to be. Well, it was ok lah, but admittedly a bit disappointing.

Managed to get 26 exposures. Was trigger happy. click click, shoot shoot, bulb mode, apeture piority mode... Then I didn't realise my apeture was set at f/1.4.

What are the possible outcomes?

Originally posted by ckiang
    Impressive? I think it's a letdown. It lasted all of 2-3 minutes only and is not that nice. I didn't even manage to finish 1 roll of film while shooting it. Last year's better IMO.

Regards
    CK
    yah i agree...

Originally posted by Necroist
    Managed to get 26 exposures. Was trigger happy. click click, shoot shoot, bulb mode, apeture piority mode... Then I didn't realise my apeture was set at f/1.4.

What are the possible outcomes?
    ur fireworks will get washed out!

Originally posted by mervlam
    very disappointed with the length of the fireworks. i got throught with only 15 shots. And it's not impressive. What a letdown!
    It was a total disappointment! The intervals were terrible!

Originally posted by scanner

It was a total disappointment! The intervals were terrible!
    ya, also noticed it. They seems to be in a hurry.

Originally posted by rueyloon
    actually, I would say this year's fireworks seems to be the worst..... it was better in previous years... last year's one was impressive, the "golden shower" was better...
    hmm golden shower , this can mean many things !!

Originally posted by bumjube

Originally posted by bumjube

ya hehehe, maybe I got the name of that fireworks wrong..
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by kh_drew

andrew
    yep... i timed it. total 2mins 50secs. the high ones shot from outside stadium lasted 1min 30secs.

It was the shortest fireworks I have ever seen!! Keep telling my gf that we should expect the 2nd round but when they turned on the floodlights..My heart sank. Sigh...

Anyway now waiting for the New Year Fireworks which will easily last more then 10mins!! (unless they change the standard now!!)

Meanwhile...candid shots loh! hah