View Poll Results: To move or to ask the guy to lower his camera ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shift your position to get a better view

32 80.00%
  • Ask the guy in front to lower his camera

8 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To move or to ask the guy to lower his camera ?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Fart...

And watch the crowd around u thin immediately
    I guess i can identify you immediately next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakite
    so u mean being an amateur does not give the right to shoot pictures and learn and must step aside when a "pro" steps in?
    in essence, it is correct. Sometime the amatuers are pretty thick skin, i have to physical but gently push them aside. all can take pictures, but let the paid photographer have his space to do his job.

if not, have to get security or organiser to ban the amatuer photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    I guess i can identify you immediately next time.

If I'm in da front row, I will try to do a little half-squat or lean forward a little to lower my height.

If I'm in da back row.... no point shooting at all. I'll rather get zero pictures den 100 crap ones.

Of cos, if some other fella is blocking me with his butt refuses to move trying to get an 'angle' with his P&S and I'm da official photographer, I'll do a soft, "Excuse me?" and when he turns around, I'll test fire my flash to da HIGHEST ceiling near him, Let him see stars....

But if it turns out that I'm not the official photographer, I'll take photos off frm another angle den to move into the same angle to take. Both photographers, no point fighting right?

2 photos frm da same angle, slightly different postures, where's da joy in that?

so u mean being an amateur does not give the right to shoot pictures and learn and must step aside when a "pro" steps in?
    There's actually something called 'the alternative angle'.

Not say I'm condemning ameuters (since I'm at ameuter level too), but den hogging the optimal space when u are only 80% confident is a no-no when other ppl need that optimal space to EARN THEIR PAY WITH 100% CONFIDENCE THAT THEIR SHOTS WILL TURN OUT.

So dun juz insist on what you want and what you think. Show some consideration for others as well ok?
    Last edited by jsbn; 7th February 2005 at 05:08 PM.

I don't think any of the photographer that turns up for the photoshoot at raffles city - Spring in the city, gets paid to take photograph there...

There's actually something called 'the alternative angle'.

Not say I'm condemning ameuters (since I'm at ameuter level too), but den hogging the optimal space when u are only 80% confident is a no-no when other ppl need that optimal space to EARN THEIR PAY WITH 100% CONFIDENCE THAT THEIR SHOTS WILL TURN OUT.

So dun juz insist on what you want and what you think. Show some consideration for others as well ok?
    well there is the one thing.. if he's the official photographer.. shouldn't he be there early to chop space?
    or at least have a guard to show him to the front so the rest of us knoe that he's the OFFICIAL one... i rather that then being smacked or pushed while i'm shooting..
    it's not so much what i want.. after all it is a dog eat dog world... if i'm at an event , how would i knoe who the official photographer is? does he have a sign that says official photographer? i can't just judge by equiptment... so many amatuers out there armed with dslrs and $600 flashes with their fancy tripods and what-have-you's, i mean a simple, "excuse me" would have suffice... i would definately move if a fellow photographers asked that of me nice;y.. after all... we all wanna shoot rite?

Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    let the paid photographer have his space to do his job.
    What if the event is a free-for-all event ? anyone can just go and take pictures. Does the amature still have to give way to the pros ??

Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    if not, have to get security or organiser to ban the amatuer photographer.
    In this case, the amatuer will always be an amatuer since they were barred from practicing their skills at big events.

I believe all pros started off as an amateur too....

I'm not saying that at all, what I am saying is that amateurs should know their place and keep the hell away from the pros and not invade their space when covering an event. Pushing in front of a pro who's at work is not a wise move, especially if said amateur has been nicely asked to stop obstructing said pro's view.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

If I'm in da front row, I will try to do a little half-squat or lean forward a little to lower my height.

If I'm in da back row.... no point shooting at all. I'll rather get zero pictures den 100 crap ones.

Of cos, if some other fella is blocking me with his butt refuses to move trying to get an 'angle' with his P&S and I'm da official photographer, I'll do a soft, "Excuse me?" and when he turns around, I'll test fire my flash to da HIGHEST ceiling near him, Let him see stars....

But if it turns out that I'm not the official photographer, I'll take photos off frm another angle den to move into the same angle to take. Both photographers, no point fighting right?

2 photos frm da same angle, slightly different postures, where's da joy in that?
    There should be more considerate people like you. Still lower your height if in the front row.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12