Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halo Everybody, i'm new & Need advice for new camera!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ranran
    thankx
    Hi there,
    what cam and brand do you intend to buy?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Hi there,
    what cam and brand do you intend to buy?

Joe
    Actually, i am keeping my options open at the moment cos not in a rush to get one yet.. wanna find out more first.. i am currently looking at canon and Nikon models.. 300D in the EOS range and the powershot series.

Quote Originally Posted by razor
    HI,, Why dun u join the Ponggol clubsnappers. Ortega, poohbear eikin etc are all in Ponggol or somewhere nearby.

Since you have a srong desire to pursue this hobby, perhaps the DSLR types is the way to go.
    I am a newbie as well... & i know nuts about the camera i am using... can i join?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    I am a newbie as well... & i know nuts about the camera i am using... can i join?
    change to Canon lah

Better to spend more first be happy the first time, rather then buy something u not satisfied with then change after a few months. You actually save more money this way.

In other words grab a second hand d70 if u can find one!!!

Buy Buy Buy

Quote Originally Posted by ranran
    Actually, i am keeping my options open at the moment cos not in a rush to get one yet.. wanna find out more first.. i am currently looking at canon and Nikon models.. 300D in the EOS range and the powershot series.

Hi there,
    the more you hear from them giving you ideas of which cam brands,the more you are confuse

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Can, join the Dark Side.

We are waiting for you.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

First step to deciding on a suitable camera, is understanding what you can do with it. Be reminded that there are drawbacks to ANY camera that you buy, so it's best to start off with something that you are comfortable with.

I prefer to categorize digital cameras accordingly:

A) Compact
    B) Creative Compact
    C) DSLR-like
    D) DSLR

Complexity comes with control, and this increases as you proceed from Cat A to D. Cat A cameras may do most of the thinking for you, while Cat D cameras allow both ends of the spectrum with creative modes and automatic modes.

Weight increase is also another issue (as is bulk), where DSLR cameras tend to weigh much more than the rest. Bulk and weight, however, are often the result of design decisions that tend to extend benefits as well (ie. longer lasting battery power, larger image sensors, viewfinders that show images through the lens).

Cat A, B & C cameras may have the ability to take a variety of shots (close-up, wide angle landscapes, zoomed), while Cat D cameras require the use of interchangeable lenses to capture images of the above type. However, what you gain in flexibility, you may lose in quality. Interchangeable lenses for Cat D cameras are specialized for the most part, and are usually not all-purpose in design. You will find lenses that do a variety of things (ie. Telephoto zoom lenses with close-up capabilities), but these lenses do suffer in terms of image quality (although they are usually quite affordable - approx. $300).

While most cameras outside of the Cat D range advertise large megapixel numbers, they don't add up in terms of performance and quality. At the end of the day, image sensor size does make a difference. Hence, a 6 megapixel creative compact will not fare as well as a 6 megapixel DSLR, simply because the sensors are smaller in a creative compact.
    Yet, on a similar note, picture quality does not always reflect the value of a photograph. People have won awards with Cat A & B cameras.

The differences are endless, and they all swing one way or the other. You must decide what's important for you, before you bet your last dollar on the right system that's for you. Don't buy a white elephant, and end up with a ...not to mention a busted wallet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12