Thread: NEW MINISTER AND NEW COMPANY CEO

Default NEW MINISTER AND NEW COMPANY CEO

When a new COE takes over a company... his immediate task is to cut cost for obvious reason. One of the measures he normally takes would be looking at the salary. After a re-structuring exercise, many will lose their jobs and many would have pay cut.

The recent pay adjustment for teachers was certainly a bonus. It appears that, form the past, correct me if I am wrong, when a new Minister for Education helms the ministry, teachers would get a pay rise and also extras perks. Do u know that teachers enjoy other benefits that were not given to other civil servants?

I dont know the salary of a teacher..

So join MOE and become a teacher if you make the cut!

Default Re: NEW MINISTER AND NEW COMPANY CEO

Do share what other extra "perks" are we looking at?

I don't think it's fair to make such sweeping statements. The recent pay increase targets at teachers with MOE. Independent schools may follow the increase ... or not.

1. The teachers get like $70/year for medical (of which you claim HALF of your dental fees up to a max of 70).
    2. While consultations at polyclinics are covered, medicine are still something that needs to be paid for and depending on which polyclinic, you probably have to spend like a couple of hours waiting for your turn while you feverishly burn up.
    3. The last pay "increase" for teachers was largely dependent on economic performance. Good years would be about 0.5 months. Lean years = 0.1 to nothing.
    4. Do you value the use of the Changi/Loyang chalets that much to call it "perks"?
    5. March, June, September "holidays" for a lot of schools are not "holidays" for a lot of teachers who have to spend their time conducting extra lessons or marking if they are taking a graduating batch and also depending on school programs.
    6. Do you like working 12 hours a day and half that during the weekends?
    9. Year end "bonus" includes the 13th month AWS. That is NOT a bonus but payment made for the monthly salary system adopted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phoeniix View Post
    Do share what other extra "perks" are we looking at?

I don't think it's fair to make such sweeping statements. The recent pay increase targets at teachers with MOE. Independent schools may follow the increase ... or not.

1. The teachers get like $70/year for medical (of which you claim HALF of your dental fees up to a max of 70).
    2. While consultations at polyclinics are covered, medicine are still something that needs to be paid for and depending on which polyclinic, you probably have to spend like a couple of hours waiting for your turn while you feverishly burn up.
    3. The last pay "increase" for teachers was largely dependent on economic performance. Good years would be about 0.5 months. Lean years = 0.1 to nothing.
    4. Do you value the use of the Changi/Loyang chalets that much to call it "perks"?
    5. March, June, September "holidays" for a lot of schools are not "holidays" for a lot of teachers who have to spend their time conducting extra lessons or marking if they are taking a graduating batch and also depending on school programs.
    6. Do you like working 12 hours a day and half that during the weekends?
    9. Year end "bonus" includes the 13th month AWS. That is NOT a bonus but payment made for the monthly salary system adopted.
    #5 ..... the teachers I know, take very long vacations during the school holidays .........in reality .... 3 months vacation on top of annual leave .... that's a FACT ..........
    Last edited by Zenten; 3rd September 2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    #5 ..... the teachers I know, take very long vacations during the school holidays .........in reality .... 3 months vacation on top of annual leave .... that's a FACT ..........
    What annual leave? Are we referring to MOE + the known independent schools here?
    Last edited by phoeniix; 3rd September 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Woah, please share which school's teachers enjoy school holidays plus "annual leave", would consider a career change.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

Do share which which school's teachers enjoy school holidays plus "annual leave"

Blog Entries

i would really like to know too.... i must have missed the MOE circular on it too...

and to TS, i dunno wat is ur intentions of posting this, especially on something u have no idea wat the reality is. honestly, i would like those who criticise the teaching profession of being overpaided to try teaching before opening your mouth or becoming a keyboard "warrior". if pay is really the issue, teachers who love actual teaching won't be leaving in droves...

if TS' intentions are to create yet another of those slam garmen threads... this is not the place. thread closed.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal