View Poll Results: Who still shoot Slide Film?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am still shooting slides mainly (35mm)

74 23.87%
  • Yes, I am still shooting slides mainly (MF/LF)

26 8.39%
  • Yes, but negative is my main

48 15.48%
  • Yes, but DSLR is my main

106 34.19%
  • Yes, only on my compact

4 1.29%
  • No, I use digital compact

5 1.61%
  • No, I use DSLR

44 14.19%
  • No, I use MF/LF digital backs

3 0.97%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who still shoot Slide Film here?

I'm shooting slides. Have my F90X for shooting slides and B+w negatives. Basically I still think that slides and b+w negatives still win over the best DSLRs... I still feel that digital cannot win over b+w negatives, in term of its tone. For color photos, I'll stick to digitals.

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    I'm shooting slides. Have my F90X for shooting slides and B+w negatives. Basically I still think that slides and b+w negatives still win over the best DSLRs... I still feel that digital cannot win over b+w negatives, in term of its tone. For color photos, I'll stick to digitals.
    You shoot slide in B&W?

I did up a price list for those who might want to contribute to it when you buy some slide film.

Price List

Processing Services
    Last edited by theITguy; 1st May 2005 at 08:03 PM.

hows ruby photo fr its services? is it worth the money? seems fotohub is more expensive.. any review?

Slide film

I have yet to use Ruby Photo's new service for E6 processing after they changed their external provider from Spectra to Retro*** forgotten what name. As listed in my list there, those are the prices and if anyone know of any other places for processing, please do help the input as it serve to update for everyone to see.

started out SLR with a DSLR [D70] and before this a nikon cp5700 digital.
    After that got a F75 and then later a F80. Fell in love with slides after i got a nikon scanner to salvage some slides taken in southAfrica about 10yrs ago. The condition of those old slides was not ideal as i did not preserve them properly, just throw them inside some drawers and forgot about it. But after doing some ICE and grain enhancement thru the scanner, the outcome was: "omg!!, it is so beautiful..." those scenery shots taken in SA 10yrs ago revived on my computer screen. Those shots taken with some common compact P&S.

Recently tried out a few rolls of velvia and provia after using sensia for a while. Fantastic!

In terms of long term storage, now I really not sure whether digital has got an advantage. What do you guys think about this?

Default Re: Who still shoot Slide Film here?

hey guys... care to share 'lobangs' on where to develope slides?? i usually cross process my slides with c41 and kt charges me $12/roll
    Last edited by bumortic; 17th September 2005 at 03:06 AM.

I'm a DSLR user but interested in trying film and slides.
    Where/how do I start?
    I guess it's by purchasing equipment?
    Which is recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by viperMako
    started out SLR with a DSLR [D70] and before this a nikon cp5700 digital.
    After that got a F75 and then later a F80. Fell in love with slides after i got a nikon scanner to salvage some slides taken in southAfrica about 10yrs ago. The condition of those old slides was not ideal as i did not preserve them properly, just throw them inside some drawers and forgot about it. But after doing some ICE and grain enhancement thru the scanner, the outcome was: "omg!!, it is so beautiful..." those scenery shots taken in SA 10yrs ago revived on my computer screen. Those shots taken with some common compact P&S.

Recently tried out a few rolls of velvia and provia after using sensia for a while. Fantastic!

In terms of long term storage, now I really not sure whether digital has got an advantage. What do you guys think about this?
    You can always scan the slides/negatives and digitize them, so I guess its around the same in terms of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam
    I'm a DSLR user but interested in trying film and slides.
    Where/how do I start?
    I guess it's by purchasing equipment?
    Which is recommended?
    Just go down to your local used camera store to have a feel of the price .Go for any Nikon or canon AF body from the 1990~2000 era plus a 28~105 zoom and you're in business.

If you like/love the image you're looking at, get yourself a used slide projector too.

If money is a concern , borrow any non DSLR for a day or two and go shoot whatever fancy you.You'll not be disappointed.

played with my friend's nikon slr today;
    I'll search for one

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam
    played with my friend's nikon slr today;
    I'll search for one
    try searching for a F80+grip on Buy/Sell. shld be able to get some decent ones ard $400.

have fun! but, try with colour negatives first cos slides are a little more expensive to buy and process. also, not many places in singapore develop slide film anymore. lastly, slide films are NOT very forgiving to over/under-exposure.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Cool Re: Who still shoot Slide Film here?

Yep,still shooting slide

Got a question to ask here:

if i want to take some film pictures, but i don't know whether my future usage will be print or scan, should i go for negative or slides? AFAIK, slides to prints are very expensive.

Hmmm I also want to ask a similar question but I'll defintely be scanning first then if I want to print, print them from the digitals. So I was wondering if it would be better to mount or not mount them if I want to send them in for scanning?

however, won't the print quality decreases after you scan the pictures?

Moving into slides.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

The Best Is Yet To Be
    -----------

You from my old school ?

just another slider sliding down the slide...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast