Thread: Need advice on bag to buy and bring along in europe

Default Need advice on bag to buy and bring along in europe

Hi guys

Will be heading to europe for travelling for 5 months very soon.
    I am intending on bringing my 40D body, 18-200mm, 10-22mm lens and my middle sized gorilla pod around when travelling as camera equipment.
    Also was thinking of some extra space to put in my kindle as well as other misc stuff like maps, papers etc.

Any idea which bag i should get?
    Someone recommended me the 6million dollar home.

Thanks!

Default Re: Need advice on bag to buy and bring along in europe

Budget?

Deregistered

U might wanna lookout for one of those lowepro shoulder bags that can fit in 2 lenses and 1 or 2 bodies. Get a well cushioned shoulder strap though. It is cooler than backpack. Must bring a smart phone as its wifi friendly in Europe, mostly free.

I would recommend at least a shoulder bag. A roller bag will be ace!
    Ask me how I know. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by achanwk View Post
    Hi guys

Will be heading to europe for travelling for 5 months very soon.
    I am intending on bringing my 40D body, 18-200mm, 10-22mm lens and my middle sized gorilla pod around when travelling as camera equipment.
    Also was thinking of some extra space to put in my kindle as well as other misc stuff like maps, papers etc.

Any idea which bag i should get?
    Someone recommended me the 6million dollar home.

Thanks!
    hi achanwk, you didn't mention if you were going to be backpacking all over europe over 5 months or staying a some place and then use it as a base to explore the surrounding. i am asking because the way you plan to travel will affect your decision as to how to carry your camera gear.

if you are backpacking, you are likely to have a fairly large backpack to carry your personal stuff, and you are better off carry a small supplementary camera bag. in this case, you will have to keep your camera gear to the minimum. also, in europe, beware of your camera gear being snatched or stolen. i'd go 'low profile' and be as inconspicuous as possible.

when i travel to europe, i carry a beaten up domke F2, and gaffer tape my camera bodies, even the lens kept to make my stuff look old and beaten up, and make it harder for the potential thief to guess what equipment i am actually carrying. i once got my bag snatched from between my legs in Milan, Italy.

be alert and street-smart. preferable travel with a companion so each can keep a look out for each other.

wish you pleasant trip.
    Nikon (D3s, D700), Fujifilm (X-Pro 1, X-E1, GF670), Hasselblad (503CXi, 903SWC)