Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CRT vs LCD & TFT monitor

Wai- i rather choose the adapter of

then the one u mention.. 295 USD!!

But even with 2 DVI connectors on the VGA card, I need to calibrate my 2 LCD, I still need One PCI VGA card right?

Anyway, for that adapter, will it degrade anything on my LCD since there's D/A conversion? I think I shall follow all on DVI connection. Much sharper which I have to agree on that.

Java_Guru - My frenz is working at SLS> CASH (Shop name). 4th Floor. Just turn left from escalator, the shop is on the left. Right infront of the ipod shop.

The eye-one thingy should be able to install to as many computers as possible. From what i read they include a site licence which should mean unlimited installations yeah.....

Mass sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by zenesh
    The eye-one thingy should be able to install to as many computers as possible. From what i read they include a site licence which should mean unlimited installations yeah.....

Mass sharing?

I thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by chickencurry
    Alamak Spiderman must climbing too many walls liao lar. : )
    If that's the case then the owner of the thread should at least make the title more meaningful mah.
    Chickencurry, have u realised u are the only one complaining in this thread... if you are not happy... dun read this thread... ur remarks will make pple anti against you only...

Juz 2 f stop...

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    The nvidia 6800 ultra has two DVI out connectors like this

it also comes with two little DVI to VGA adapters like this

Is that a Gainward Golden Sample card? I'm currently using their Ti4600 Golden Sample. Dual Ramdacs w/ 2 DVI outputs and VIVO function.. The DVI-I to VGA adaptors are translucent red though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Chickencurry, have u realised u are the only one complaining in this thread... if you are not happy... dun read this thread... ur remarks will make pple anti against you only...

Juz 2 f stop...
    aiyo...cool down, cool down....drink herbal tea lar...dun get heated up okie?

Take it easy...relax...afterall...we are all CSers....one big family here lar...

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    not really..there are VGA to DVI adapter and also DVI to VGA adapter

there are even adapter for less well known connectors like SGI and ADC

if u get a graphic card with both DVI and VGA output, usually they will bundle a small little DVI to VGA adapter (from DVI ouput of your graphic card to analog input of your display)

so that u can use the DVI port to connect your VGA monitor.

vice versa is possible with a VGA to DVI adapter, but it is huge and cost a bomb as i have mentioned earlier
    Guess I am still living in the stone age! Thanks for info again.....

Oh boy, this is a wonderful forum! Not only can learn photography, I am updated on other techie issues too. This iforum is certainly worth visiting.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by chickencurry
    Alamak Spiderman must climbing too many walls liao lar. : )
    If that's the case then the owner of the thread should at least make the title more meaningful mah.
    What we are discussing here is still on topic and not off topics. The issues discussed are related to TFT/LCD and CRT monitors and graphic cards and calibration softwares......etc. If I make the title in detailed, I am afraid I cannot squeeze into the title box. This thread was started by me and many benefit from learning and even moderators replied with so helpful advice. All of us can digest the info with welcoming arms....except one thing we could not digest.... CURRY CHICKEN.

I am still climbing walls and learning and never stop.
    Last edited by spiderman; 14th February 2005 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    But even with 2 DVI connectors on the VGA card, I need to calibrate my 2 LCD, I still need One PCI VGA card right?
    Nope. Both the DVI outputs can be used in any configuration since there are dual-RAMDAC's:
    1) Both DVI.
    2) Both with VGA adaptor.
    3) One DVI, one VGA.

Unless of course, you wish to use 3 displays...
    I'm thinking of getting a CRT to complement my Eizo liaoz... But no estate space.. *sigh* =(

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Nope. Both the DVI outputs can be used in any configuration since there are dual-RAMDAC's:
    1) Both DVI.
    2) Both with VGA adaptor.
    3) One DVI, one VGA.
    yes, to most pple it is alrite to connect two displays to one card.

but to photographer who need to process their photo with the computer, connect two displays to one card will mess up the colour on both LCD.

His main concern is to calibrate the colour for both LCDs, if u read my post again....to match the colour for both LCDs, u cannot connect them to the SAME graphic card. that's why u need a PCI VGA card specially for the 2nd monitor.

at first i also dont believe but after I tried it myself, i found that the differences in colour was really unbearable...image u edit the pic in monitor A, then when u view it again on monitor B, the colour can be completely different. Worse is that I dont have an eye-one last time so I have no idea which monitor display the colour correctly.

that's why i got myself a PCI Radeon 9200 for my 2nd display, and then use eye-one to calibrate them
    Last edited by Wai; 17th February 2005 at 01:46 AM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Wai-

as you mention that DVi is much sharper. If my LCD connector is analog, and by using the small adapter to connect to the DVI. Will it be much better in images? WHich i mean .. say sharper on that analog connector LCD comparing with the DVI connector LCD (because I had dual LCD, Analog / DVI connection)

Hehe.. Thanks alot wai.. Appreciate the helps!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234