Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What if You Win $15 Million Dollar Toto.........

look at the lines outside those gambling outlets

most of them are aunties, ahpehs, ah mas, all heartlanders

In the US, its the same. Always mostly the lower income group of people buying. hoping they will win and not have to work for the rest of their lives

Only when the lottery hits like 44 million, then people of all income groups start buying

But generally its the lower income, poor people who buy.

You want to see how winning the lottery will affect you?
    Read all 5 pages of this washingtonpost article

it chronicles the events that followed after the winner of the $314 million lottery won the lottery. See how he changed and destroyed just not himself but the lives all so many around him. It was posted on Sunday. I read it from top to bottom. Ending up feeling totally disgusted

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan25.html

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    look at the lines outside those gambling outlets

most of them are aunties, ahpehs, ah mas, all heartlanders

In the US, its the same. Always mostly the lower income group of people buying. hoping they will win and not have to work for the rest of their lives

Only when the lottery hits like 44 million, then people of all income groups start buying

But generally its the lower income, poor people who buy.

You want to see how winning the lottery will affect you?
    Read all 5 pages of this washingtonpost article

it chronicles the events that followed after the winner of the $314 million lottery won the lottery. See how he changed and destroyed just not himself but the lives all so many around him. It was posted on Sunday. I read it from top to bottom. Ending up feeling totally disgusted

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan25.html
    Dun quite agree with you on your statement!
    Sorry to be OT.
    Sometimes those charity people will give away free textbooks for the students of the low income group but some of those well-to-do parents drive their big cars there and hand-pick their free textbooks too! What a shame!
    It is not a matter of high or low income, I think it is a matter of how 'greedy' you are!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    It is not a matter of high or low income, I think it is a matter of how 'greedy' you are!

BINGO...you hit that on the nail. That was what I meant. Greed does not discriminate. The rich might gamble their home or car away. The poor might gamble their meals away..or worst of their love ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    The politicians who serve the people
    The politicians also need money to eat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234