Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid
    The hillboroughs disasters papers will be released.
    Will it be the truth?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

PM apologises for Hillsborough injustice

September 12, 2012

By ESPN staff

Prime Minister David Cameron has apologised to the families of the Hillsborough victims, saying: "What happened that day, and since, was wrong".

Cameron, delivering a statement to the Commons after the publication of a report by the Hillsborough Independent Panel, said police and emergency services made "strenuous attempts'' to deflect the blame for Britain's worst-ever sporting disaster, in which 96 people died, onto fans.

He said there had been a "failure of the state" to protect the relatives' loved ones.

"The new evidence that we're presented with today makes clear, in my view, that these families have suffered a double injustice: the injustice of the appalling events, the failure of the state to protect their loved ones and the indefensible wait to get the truth, and then the injustice of the denigration of the deceased - that they were somehow at fault for their own deaths," he told MPs.

"With the weight of the new evidence in this report, it is right for me today as prime minister to make a proper apology to the families of the 96 for all they have suffered over the past 23 years.

"So on behalf of the government, and indeed our country, I am profoundly sorry that this double injustice has been left uncorrected for so long."

The panel that compiled the report, which was chaired by the Right Reverend James Jones, the Bishop of Liverpool, assessed more than 400,000 pages of documents relating to the 1989 FA Cup semi-final disaster. The report's findings were made available to relatives from 8am on Wednesday.

Cameron said the document revealed that 164 police statements had been "significantly amended", with comments attacking the conduct of officers removed from 116 of those.

The report said that, at a Police Federation meeting, South Yorkshire Police had been advised to prepare a "defence" and a "rock-solid story" and told that "drunken ticketless individuals" should be blamed for what had happened.

Cameron said the report showed that police had carried out checks on victims in an attempt to "impune their reputations", adding that the then government, led by Margaret Thatcher, should have done more to challenge the falsehoods being spread about the Liverpool fans.

However, he insisted there was no evidence that the government had attempted to conceal the truth.

Describing the report's findings as "deeply troubling", he said it was "black and white" in proving that Liverpool fans had not been responsible for the disaster and that there had been a concerted attempt by police to divert the blame.

The PM told the Commons that newspapers - most infamously the Sun - had reported false allegation about the behaviour of supporters. The report showed briefings to the media, which led to the Sun's story, had used information from a Sheffield news agency that had reported comments made by police officers.

MPs were told that some of those who died on the terraces at the Leppings Lane end of Sheffield Wednesday's ground had suffered reversible asphyxia and could have been saved, but the report showed serious shortcomings in the response of the emergency services.

Neither Lord Justice Taylor, in his report soon after the disaster, nor the coroner at the original inquest, had looked properly at the response of the other emergency services, the Commons heard. The report found that the ambulance service failed to implement its major incident plan fully.

Cameron said the original inquest into the deaths - which said all the victims had died by 3.15pm, 15 minutes after the match had kicked off - was inadequate.

The attorney general, Dominic Grieve, must now decide whether to apply to the High Court to overturn the verdict of that inquest and order another one.

The report also said the risks at Hillsborough were known, and that there had been dangerous situations in the stadium in 1981, 1987 and 1988 and the safety of the crowd in 1989 had been "compromised at every level".

The Labour leader, Ed Miliband, said it "shamed the country" that it had taken 23 years for the truth about what happened that day to emerge and called on Cameron to ensure that Grieve acted with urgency.

Miliband said there had been "terrible mistakes and negligence in policing", and added: "There was a systematic attempt by some in the police to cover this up after the event and, disgracefully, to spread the blame to the fans. They were aided and abetted by parts of the media."

He said it was "clear that the original inquest was hopelessly inadequate" and asked whether those responsible for the conduct of police at the time could be held accountable.

Steve Rotherham, the MP for Liverpool Walton, said the families of the 96 "finally have the undeniable truth".

curry sauce!!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Owls apologise for Hillsborough

Sheffield Wednesday have offered an apology to the families of Hillsborough victims and welcomed the release of official documents.

Last Updated: 12/09/12 at 11:14

The club said they hope the release of the documents for the first time would help "bring closure" to the families of the 96 people who died in the disaster on April 15, 1989.

Sheffield Wednesday's ground was the venue for the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest which saw fans of the Merseyside club crushed to death in the Leppings Lane end.

A statement from Sheffield Wednesday said: "Chairman Milan Mandaric and the current board of directors have adopted a policy of complete compliance with the requests of the Hillsborough Independent Panel and on behalf of the club would like to offer our sincere condolences and an apology to all the families who have suffered as a consequence of the tragic events of 15 April, 1989."

Mandaric took over the club in December 2010 and the statement added they had been "totally transparent" in helping the report be compiled.

It added: "Sheffield Wednesday FC welcomes the release of the Hillsborough Independent Panel report and would like to acknowledge the enormous amount of hard work by all involved during what was, and continues to be, an extremely emotive process.

"Throughout the compilation stage, the club has worked closely with the panel and the other donating organisations to ensure that, in line with the ethos of maximum disclosure, we have been totally transparent.

"Sheffield Wednesday would also like to record its gratitude for the thoroughly dignified manner with which the Hillsborough Family Support Group and its representatives conducted themselves throughout all levels of consultation with the club.

"We can only hope that the publication of the report goes some way to providing the closure sought by all those involved."

The Hillsborough Independent Panel has been overseeing the release of previously unpublished papers from around 80 organisations including the government, police, emergency services, Sheffield City Council and the South Yorkshire coroner.

The families of the 96 fans who died in Britain's deadliest sporting disaster were the first to see more than 400,000 pages from 8am.

The report explaining the contents of the documents will be published by the panel, chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool, the Rt Rev James Jones.

A report into the disaster by Lord Justice Taylor, published in 1990, found that the main reason for the disaster was a failure of "police control" but the Crown Prosecution Service decided there was insufficient evidence to bring a prosecution.

The victims' families say it is an injustice that no individual or organisation has been held fully accountable for the disaster. They believe a major incident plan was never initiated by South Yorkshire Police and fans in the Leppings Lane end were denied emergency medical attention.

The families also dispute the findings of an inquest into the deaths, which ruled that the victims were all dead, or brain dead, by 3.15pm and which subsequently recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the Hillsborough Families Support Group, said they hope the documents will answer some of the questions they have about the causes and aftermath of the tragedy.

"This is what the families and the fans have been fighting for for 23 years. Without the truth you cannot grieve and where there is deceit, you get no justice," she said.

quite amazing to see the amount of hatred/derision here for Rafa Benitez, who had the best win percentage of the last 3 LFC managers, not to mention several respectable placings in the league (1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd), several cups and of course the miracle at Istanbul.

Win %
    -------
    Rafa Benitez: 55.43%
    Kenny Dalglish: 47.30%
    Brendan Rogers: 42.86%

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    quite amazing to see the amount of hatred/derision here for Rafa Benitez, who had the best win percentage of the last 3 LFC managers, not to mention several respectable placings in the league (1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd), several cups and of course the miracle at Istanbul.

Win %
    -------

Bro my percentage highest. 100% no lost of games played.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Win %
    -------

he's fine in the beginning. twds the end, he screwed up big time.

u r not a true LFC fan, so u do not know. there's around 60-40 ratio of against n pro Raf999 fans.

Win %
    -------

Benitez try to turn the team into 'His' army, 'His' legend to satisfy his own ego.
    What we need is someone to build an army of "Liverpool Football Club".
    Nikon D90: 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

u r not a true LFC fan, so u do not know. there's around 60-40 ratio of against n pro Raf999 fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopred View Post
    Benitez try to turn the team into 'His' army, 'His' legend to satisfy his own ego.
    ok....hope brendan rogers turns things around...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

liverpool 1-0 suarez when guess guess guess?

Which KKJ team we playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

I will always welcome RB back...now tell me which manager that got the sack never screw their final year? At least he got the guts to go against the previous owners...which i am sure were bad owners...

Any proof that RB tried to build LFC into his "army"? Never heard or read it anywhere? Now tell me which top manager doesnt have "ego"? Even the small flies have it. BR who won nothing big has his "ego" too...

Win %
    -------

hahaha, they are too "ego" to admit they also like RB after giving him some sticks...

Benitez is too obsessed with himself, rather than the good of Liverpool.
    He dun deserve us, neither do we need him.
    pls dun keep that attitude.
    some of his matches were the best i've ever seen the club play.
    did u switched channels immediately after the whistle blew at old toilet? (i neednt tell u which match was that, need i?)
    u'd have missed the only time in over 20yrs watching the game i've heard YNWA sang like that at the end of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Miz those days when we signed top top players..played against europe top teams..beat the daylight out of manure & madrid..lifting major european trophies..
    I did not mention RB, i only said i miz those days when we signed big name players..played with top european teams, why you all mentioned RB? Hahaha, oh its during RB era i guess? Hmm...7 more games before i make noise at BR...meantime, i really do miz those games...playing Barca..Juve..Madrid...
    i dun kinda recall le boss beating madrid(either athletico or real), altho he could have had gotten a close result.
    rh and kenny 2nd spell never met them either..
    nor did evans or souness (mebbe i'd missed a pre-season friendly)
    or were u referring to WA-AY back when UCL was the european cup?
    that's not fair, cc not spose to be born yet!

Any proof that RB tried to build LFC into his "army"? Never heard or read it anywhere? Now tell me which top manager doesnt have "ego"? Even the small flies have it. BR who won nothing big has his "ego" too...
    uncle bob paisley.
    now, when did u see bro rodg show his "ego"?

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post

i dun kinda recall le boss beating madrid(either athletico or real), altho he could have had gotten a close result.
    rh and kenny 2nd spell never met them either..
    nor did evans or souness (mebbe i'd missed a pre-season friendly)
    or were u referring to WA-AY back when UCL was the european cup?
    that's not fair, cc not spose to be born yet!

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Liverpool 4-0 R Madrid (agg 5-0)

liverpool 4-0 real madrid - YouTube

hahaha...beat Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield...sorry for the poor video quality...

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid Highlights - YouTube

ok lah..better quality video...

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Liverpool 4-0 R Madrid (agg 5-0)

liverpool 4-0 real madrid - YouTube

hahaha...beat Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield...sorry for the poor video quality...
    Miz those days when we signed top top players..played against europe top teams..beat the daylight out of manure & madrid..lifting major european trophies..
    I did not mention RB, i only said i miz those days when we signed big name players..played with top european teams, why you all mentioned RB? Hahaha, oh its during RB era i guess? Hmm...7 more games before i make noise at BR...meantime, i really do miz those games...playing Barca..Juve..Madrid...
    by process of elimination, u WERE mentioning RB.
    and u're offering no evidence to the contrary.
    anyway, even by talking abt urself, u'd be mentioning RB.

btw, regarding the brit govt statement.
    does it mean that the sux can finally apologize without losing face, and cc can continue to quote their articles?

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    btw, regarding the brit govt statement.
    does it mean that the sux can finally apologize without losing face, and cc can continue to quote their articles?
    i quote from the sux? evidence pls.

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

NEW!! List of Grandmaster Kelongster:

1). Season August 2011 - July 2012: Zaren *

SEASON 2012 AUG to 2013 MAY!

League table of Kelongsters.

1). Airfins 7pts.
    2). zaren 6pts..
    3). Roadrunner 6pts.
    4). Cheesecake 4pts
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). blazer_workz 3pts.
    8). Toxicboy 3pts.
    9). Grumpy 2pts.
    10). philip 2pts
    11). kelccm 1pt
    12). wonglp 1pt

2/9/12
    Sunday! 1230GMT BPL fixture.
    LIVERPOOL vs. Gooners!
    Anfield.

can we surprise gooners?!

we sure can as we rolled over and played dead.

2-0 to the gooners.

1). 2-1 LFC WINS!! (Borini, Suarez) CC
    2. 1-0 Gerard sunnyday
    3). 3-0 LFC WINS!!(SUAREZ HATTRICK) Philip got 2pts liao (10pts)
    4). 3-2 LFC wins! (Borini, Suarez) Toxicboy
    5) 1-1 DRAW! (suarez) zaren
    6), 2-2 DRAW!! (Suarez, Borini) bro rodz
    7). 2-0 LFC WINS! (SuarezX2) Fotoudavid
    8). 3-1 LFC wins!!!! (Suarez, Sterling, Gerrard) wonglp
    9). 1-0 LFC wins !! (Gerrard) roadrunner
    10). 0-0 draw. grumpy. --> 2pts.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

1). Airfins 7pts.
    2). zaren 6pts..
    3). Roadrunner 6pts.
    4). Cheesecake 4pts
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). Grumpy 4pts.
    8). Toxicboy 3pts.
    9). blazer_workz 3pts.
    10). philip 2pts
    11). kelccm 1pt
    12). wonglp 1pt

15/9/12
    Saturday! 1630GMT BPL fixture.
    sunderland vs LIVERPOOL!
    Stadium of Light.

finally, Justice for the 96!

1). 3-1 LFC WINS!! (Borini, Suarez) CC

1). Airfins 7pts.
    2). zaren 6pts..
    3). Roadrunner 6pts.
    4). Cheesecake 4pts
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). Grumpy 4pts.
    8). Toxicboy 3pts.