Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

no back up for carroll and we could not score...okie...
    wat to justify we are leaking goal and become laughing stock ...

just because we dun have backup for carroll, we are now in relegation zone ? never tot carrol is so important and that much of impact to the team...
    Agree..one Carroll doesnt make the team bad..its the remaining players..they have to buck up..

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post

just because we dun have backup for carroll, we are now in relegation zone ? never tot carrol is so important and that much of impact to the team...
    think he knows that suarez n borini no form currently.

kanasai, some of their gameplay i watch liao makes me wanna vomit blood. hehehehe

now, we really in relegation zone.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post

The way the whole striker affair was handled .. borini is a bench striker, not a starter. Carrol is +1, he might catch one day !!! (a possibility if you like - though it cost LFC a lot of money and Kenny his job!!!). I encourage myself by looking at the table through a mirror.. we are on top!!!

if we can let go the price tag of $35m, carrol is an asset to team. Why ? Look at LFC squad against Arsenal, suddenly I felt that Gerrard has grown few inches tall.

the whole attacking lineup is so small size. how to play against most of the team has CD at least 190cm ??!!! no way/little chance we could score from header unless it is setpiece...

3-3-4 is a good formation. Mourinho used this formation to win Chelsea 1st EPL, with Damien Doff and Rubben as attacking wing. Drogba as classic center forward.

sterling and borini are both not too bad. but u dun expect suarez is drogba. Drogba main task is to score, suarez is to cheat for freekick, play dirty trick, and complain and show us the sibeitulan face.

eventhough Carrol has not lived up to his performance, he did show us some quality settlng down end of last season, and he show the desire to play football. He could be main target man to free up suarez, and to hold possesion for attacking mid to come up. Now the option is gone. we have to rely open play attack from some small guys , withouth hoping chance to score header from crosses.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 4th September 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

sterling and borini are both not too bad. but u dun expect suarez is drogba. Drogba main task is to score, suarez is to cheat for freekick, play dirty trick, and complain and show us the sibeitulan face.

Wah..suddenly Suarez is in the same wayang category as cristiano ronaldo? LolZ. If you are as good as Suarez, every defender will hack you down do you expect to try stand & keep quiet? Maybe he grumbled too much but this kind of players need protection.

I think we should be more direct in our approach..attack through both wings..supply good crosses to the strikers..young Adam Morgan is a good finisher..groom him..

Have fast wingers as well, we have Sterling..we need another..maybe can push Johnson up & play Kelly at rightback..its not doom & gloom..just have to maximise our resources..

So prophetic: "You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?"

Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama View Post
    So prophetic: "You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?"
    You'll never cry alone

we didnt manage to get him.
    but dunno whether to laugh or cry..
    Michael Owen signs one-year deal with Stoke

Don't need to cry Stering is as good as Mickey
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

dun sad la.

tat traitor mickey mouse ouchwen is no longer interested in the footy side. he is more interested in the $$.

furthermore, he will spend most of his time in the treatment room, making out with the treatment bed.

i believe BR shud gif the 18yos strikers more chances!

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    we didnt manage to get him.
    but dunno whether to laugh or cry..
    Michael Owen signs one-year deal with Stoke
    I may be sad for our current state, but I am not mad!

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/09...-league-squad/

Europa League squad..

We gave enough strikers..just play our youngsters..they will score goals..looking forward to seeing Assaidi play..looks like a promising player..

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Liverpool’s Europa League Squad | This Is Anfield

Europa League squad..

We gave enough strikers..just play our youngsters..they will score goals..looking forward to seeing Assaidi play..looks like a promising player..
    Hope the team go all the way to the final to maximize games for the youngsters to play !!!

Carrot head is on MC 4-6 weeks after one game hahahaha lucky he is gone...
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Don't need to cry Stering is as good as Mickey
    be reminded that other than a gd breath of fresh air, he's contributed abt as much as downing so far in terms of crosses, assists, goals..
    when mickey was his age........

Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama View Post
    I may be sad for our current state, but I am not mad!
    tio reject by an mc king..
    thats how far we've fallen behind..

hopefully we can get each of those untested kids to kee hong each time they take the field.
    juz once fr each can liao..

Carrot head is on MC 4-6 weeks after one game hahahaha lucky he is gone...
    not something i'd wished on someone..
    unless he's up against us next. (which cannot be for this season)
    sam will try to use this to lowball us further..

Reds fans question leadership

Supporters' group Spirit of Shankly have called on Liverpool chairman Tom Werner to be held accountable for the way the club is being run.

Last Updated: 04/09/12 at 17:33

curry sauce!!

Disquiet has been growing among fans regarding the lack of a decision on whether to build a new stadium or renovate Anfield.

The lack of a prominent figure from owners Fenway Sports Group based on Merseyside, the sacking of iconic figure Kenny Dalglish as manager in May and, most recently, the apparent mistakes made in the transfer market have led to more murmurings of discontent.

Principal owner John Henry wrote an open letter to fans on Monday admitting to mistakes in their near two-year reign and outlining FSG's blueprint for the future but SoS believe more questions need answering.

"There comes a point at any football club where the chairman has to step forward on behalf of the board and be held accountable for decisions that they have made and strategies that they have implemented," said a statement from SoS, who were at the forefront of a campaign to oust former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

"With key questions continuing to go unanswered, Spirit of Shankly suggests it is time for Tom Werner to be held accountable as chairman of Liverpool Football Club.

"After all, the buck stops with him, not with those acting with his authority and not with people no longer at the club."

Friday's transfer deadline day passed without a replacement being found for striker Andy Carroll, who had been loaned to West Ham the previous day.

Rodgers had wanted to bring in Fulham 29-year-old Clint Dempsey but FSG were reportedly unwilling to meet the Cottagers' inflated valuation, leaving the Reds boss with only two recognised forwards until at least January.

In his letter Henry insisted the club's ambitions were not about "cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years".

That led to suggestions - dismissed by Rodgers - there was a difference of opinion between the owners and the manager.

SoS believes greater backing should have been given to the Northern Irishman just three months into the job.

"Following yet another summer where off-the-pitch activities at Liverpool Football Club have dominated the headlines, we once again find the club ownership attempting to explain away business decisions that have overshadowed footballing matters," said the statement.

"Spirit of Shankly reiterates its stance that the position of manager at Liverpool Football Club should be supported with all of the resources at the club's disposal.

"However, events of last Friday and the subsequent open letter from the club's principal owner indicate that almost two years into FSG's ownership of the club, this is not yet the case.

"There remains no ownership presence on this side of the Atlantic. It is our opinion that this situation has led directly to the 'mistakes' alluded to in Mr Henry's open letter.

"Should the club's absentee owners not wish to establish a full-time base in Liverpool it remains imperative that they appoint a chief executive of a calibre commensurate with the club's global status to act with the full authority of the owners in their absence.

"Without this it is far from sufficient for a club of Liverpool's stature to have a part-time chairman, based on another continent, with various other interests, and from whom little or nothing of consequence is seen or heard.

"In case FSG need reminding, they are now employing their third manager, have already dispensed with the services of their director of football and now accusatory fingers are pointing in the direction of their managing director (Ian Ayre)."

Liverpool declined to offer a response to the statement.

Samed Yesil scored twice as Germany U19s beat an England side featuring Raheem Sterling and Adam Morgan on Thursday evening. You can watch his goals below.

The 18-year-old, who signed for Liverpool from Bayer Leverkusen last week, was inspired during the 3-1 friendly win.

He found the net after two minutes of each half, and set up the final goal for teammate Sebastian Kerk, before getting a standing ovation as he was subbed on 81 minutes.

Sterling lasted 65 minutes, while Morgan was withdrawn with a quarter of an hour remaining.

Meanwhile, Jonjo Shelvey was also on top form as England U21s prevailed 2-0 in Azerbaijan.

It was his free-kick that set up a glancing header for Steven Caulker to make it 1-0, and the midfielder put the seal on the victory with a well-taken volley late on.

The U21s were skippered by Jordan Henderson for the Euro 2013 qualifier, while Martin Kelly also started.

Its time to give our 18yos a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Its time to give our 18yos a go!

This weekend I not free

Dude, curry sauce where? It would be nice to see the goals.
    Samed Yesil scored twice as Germany U19s beat an England side featuring Raheem Sterling and Adam Morgan on Thursday evening. You can watch his goals below.

The 18-year-old, who signed for Liverpool from Bayer Leverkusen last week, was inspired during the 3-1 friendly win.

He found the net after two minutes of each half, and set up the final goal for teammate Sebastian Kerk, before getting a standing ovation as he was subbed on 81 minutes.

Sterling lasted 65 minutes, while Morgan was withdrawn with a quarter of an hour remaining.

Meanwhile, Jonjo Shelvey was also on top form as England U21s prevailed 2-0 in Azerbaijan.

It was his free-kick that set up a glancing header for Steven Caulker to make it 1-0, and the midfielder put the seal on the victory with a well-taken volley late on.

The U21s were skippered by Jordan Henderson for the Euro 2013 qualifier, while Martin Kelly also started.