Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by Sispecho View Post
    i chuckle at seeing how you guys think Liverpool can actually win.
    Die hard fans will always think and hope that their team will beat the odds and win. That's the fun in supporting and watching the match If you don't think your team will win then why watch the match? Waiting for your team to get beaten?
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Die hard fans will always think and hope that their team will beat the odds and win. That's the fun in supporting and watching the match If you don't think your team will win then why watch the match? Waiting for your team to get beaten?
    YNWA!!!!!! kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by Sispecho
    i chuckle at seeing how you guys think Liverpool can actually win.
    We song can liao la. Kekeke
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

nonetheless...

i will still be here.....

If we can get Drobja I wold be the happiest man on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    we need that clinical striker.

pls, not mickey mouse ouchwen.

Reds to hold Owen talks

Liverpool are set to hold talks with Michael Owen on Monday as they weigh up a move for the former England striker.

Brendan Rodgers confirmed after his side's 2-0 defeat at home to Arsenal on Sunday that he was considering a deal for Owen after failing to sign a replacement for Andy Carroll on transfer deadline day.

Owen, a free agent after leaving Manchester United, is also talking with Sunderland, West Ham, Everton and Stoke about a deal.

A return to Anfield would be controversial, not least because he has spent the last three seasons with the club's arch rivals. Former Liverpool star Mark Lawrenson has also raised serious questions over the striker's motivation.

Writing for the Daily Mirror, he said: "I've always believed Liverpool would finish fifth or sixth as the majority of their players are good enough to do so, but the decision to allow Andy Carroll to leave the club without making sure a replacement was signed, sealed and delivered is bizarre bordering on farcical.

"Equally so the idea that the club could sign Michael Owen on a free transfer. For me it is a retrograde step and Liverpool should never have left themselves in a position where they even have to be considering it.

"In terms of being fit and available you have to ask how often that will be the case with Owen. I also get the impression with him that it is not just about the fact that he only wants to play football. If that was the case then he would have lowered his salary demands and signed for a Championship club.

"I just don't think he wants to play for the love of the game anymore."

Liverpool to hold talks with Michael Owen on Monday - ESPNFC

Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama View Post
    hopefully he will b on a free!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Reds to hold Owen talks

Liverpool are set to hold talks with Michael Owen on Monday as they weigh up a move for the former England striker.

Brendan Rodgers confirmed after his side's 2-0 defeat at home to Arsenal on Sunday that he was considering a deal for Owen after failing to sign a replacement for Andy Carroll on transfer deadline day.

Owen, a free agent after leaving Manchester United, is also talking with Sunderland, West Ham, Everton and Stoke about a deal.

A return to Anfield would be controversial, not least because he has spent the last three seasons with the club's arch rivals. Former Liverpool star Mark Lawrenson has also raised serious questions over the striker's motivation.

Writing for the Daily Mirror, he said: "I've always believed Liverpool would finish fifth or sixth as the majority of their players are good enough to do so, but the decision to allow Andy Carroll to leave the club without making sure a replacement was signed, sealed and delivered is bizarre bordering on farcical.

"Equally so the idea that the club could sign Michael Owen on a free transfer. For me it is a retrograde step and Liverpool should never have left themselves in a position where they even have to be considering it.

"In terms of being fit and available you have to ask how often that will be the case with Owen. I also get the impression with him that it is not just about the fact that he only wants to play football. If that was the case then he would have lowered his salary demands and signed for a Championship club.

"I just don't think he wants to play for the love of the game anymore."

Liverpool to hold talks with Michael Owen on Monday - ESPNFC
    hongkangz.

hongkangz.
    I think we have finally become a circus for others to watch and laugh at our dellusional optimism.. That we didn't have a good striker it was known even to the chickens (so no excuse that the owners do not know much football there), we could have lived without a new midfielder or even with no new wingers or whatever.. how will this team pull through till Dec its beyond me (we are yet to score through open play).. an open letter to Liverpool fans as below, seems like a wake up call into the nightmare for the owners from whatever dream they have been in:

BBC Sport - Liverpool owner John Henry warns fans over 'risky' spending
    Liverpool's owners say they will not damage the club's future with "risky spending" but have pledged their commitment to the club.

Getting M Owen would be just an act of desperation which would probably loose more fans than gather the trops behind the team... oh man, we are in the deep like never before!

Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama

I think we have finally become a circus for others to watch and laugh at our dellusional optimism.. That we didn't have a good striker it was known even to the chickens (so no excuse that the owners do not know much football there), we could have lived without a new midfielder or even with no new wingers or whatever.. how will this team pull through till Dec its beyond me (we are yet to score through open play).. an open letter to Liverpool fans as below, seems like a wake up call into the nightmare for the owners from whatever dream they have been in:

BBC Sport - Liverpool owner John Henry warns fans over 'risky' spending
    Liverpool's owners say they will not damage the club's future with "risky spending" but have pledged their commitment to the club.

Getting M Owen would be just an act of desperation which would probably loose more fans than gather the trops behind the team... oh man, we are in the deep like never before!

Video Link: http://youtu.be/rYEDA3JcQqw
    Better nt waste $$ on tat ingrate mickey mouse ouchwen. If they do sign him, can be sure to lose even more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

hopefully he will b on a free!
    Drogba salary in the region of £250,000/week..doubt we will sign him unless he takes a huge paycut..

Quote Originally Posted by roDz

Drogba salary in the region of £250,000/week..doubt we will sign him unless he takes a huge paycut..
    Bad bad season.

no to michael owen pls....he is way past his best (which was his former spell at LFC).
    you would be much better off signing a younger, cheaper, healthier, hungrier striker.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    no to michael owen pls....he is way past his best (which was his former spell at LFC).
    you would be much better off signing a younger, cheaper, healthier, hungrier striker.
    heh heh

cheaper, better, faster!

heh heh

cheaper, better, faster!
    well, could always promote one of your U-21 strikers temporarily and recall Carroll in Jan
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    well, could always promote one of your U-21 strikers temporarily and recall Carroll in Jan
    got talk that LFC looking at stop-gap measure...florent-sinama pongolle!

got talk that LFC looking at stop-gap measure...florent-sinama pongolle!
    And how do we do that?.. he will stop the ball from going into the gap called goal?.. but we have another 2-3 "strikers" that do that already!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Sure.. but what is the cost of not being able to sign players in the years to come? Or of selling less shirts? Or if you loose a fair number of your supporters? Or less supporters at the games.. ? or of receiving the angry fans demanding a change? or or.. like I said a couple of days back.. the yanks took a big gamle when they decided not to sign anyone.. 1st half against Arsenal we looked like the same team trying to create chances but not able to score.. 2nd half we looked totally disoriented (propably lost confidence because of the Arsenal goal)..

i would take florent anytime over mickey mouse ouchwen.

i would take florent anytime over mickey mouse ouchwen.
    Heard that we will sign fowler, king kenny or even ian rush as a backup striker !!!! kekeke