Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

curry sauce!!

Brendan Rodgers eager to offload Liverpool FC fringe players to pay for new arrivals before transfer deadline day

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...#ixzz24p7bhyI4

BRENDAN RODGERS will continue to overhaul his Liverpool FC squad ahead of Friday night’s transfer deadline as the boss waits to discover the extent of Lucas Leiva’s thigh injury.

It promises to be a busy week at Melwood as Rodgers looks to offload fringe players in order to finance new signings.

The Reds remain keen on agreeing a deal for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey, who has been frozen out at Craven Cottage since informing Martin Jol of his desire to leave.

Dempsey has his heart set on a move to Anfield but the USA international’s future is likely to hinge on Liverpool’s ability to generate the cash for a 8million bid.

The Reds will listen to offers for Charlie Adam, who failed to make the matchday 18 for Sunday’s game against Manchester City.

The Scotland international is a long way down the pecking order under Rodgers and looks set to depart just over a year after his 8million switch from Blackpool.

Jay Spearing is expected to complete a season-long loan move to Bolton Wanderers, while Joe Cole could also leave.

Liverpool officials insist reports suggesting they are on the brink of agreeing a deal with West Ham for Cole are wide of the mark with no talks having taken place.

Any transfer for Cole ahead of the window shutting is complicated by his 100,000 per week wages and the fact he is currently sidelined by a hamstring injury.

Andy Carroll appears increasingly likely to remain at Anfield with no improved bids for the club’s 35million record signing on the table.

Rodgers has made it clear that there is no chance of the Reds backing down and accepting Newcastle’s derisory offer of a loan spell prior to a 12million permanent transfer next summer.

Lucas is set to have a scan today on the thigh problem which forced him off after just four minutes against Man City.

The Brazilian midfielder appears certain to miss Thursday’s Europa League clash with Hearts and Sunday’s home league game with Arsenal.

However, medical staff are hopeful that the damage is only minor and Lucas could be back for the trip to Sunderland on September 15 after the international break.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

TMD Lucas got affair with the physiotherapy issit?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy
    You are the physio! Go wave his undies harder...so he wont get injured...

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *65* - NEW season, same story?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    bro kuanwk is the physio?

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    brilliant free kick
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Bro Cheesecake your Elva is having a good time in Dubai with romantic dinner by the private beach, private firework and jewellery delivered by gliders from the sky arrange by the fat Malaysian Millionaire staying in a S$45k a nite suite!!! Unless you are the fat boy or else you better kiss your Elva G strings good bye Liao unless you like to keep them which comes free with fat boy saliva or who knows what......
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

brilliant free kick
    Suarez is good at free kick and this one is just PERFECT !!!!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Bro Cheesecake your Elva is having a good time in Dubai with romantic dinner by the private beach, private firework and jewellery delivered by gliders from the sky arrange by the fat Malaysian Millionaire staying in a S$45k a nite suite!!! Unless you are the fat boy or else you better kiss your Elva G strings good bye Liao unless you like to keep them which comes free with fat boy saliva or who knows what......
    nvm, i dumped her liao.

now i m with paige chua. just went out with her and walked our golden retriever near kovan mrt.

U sure is that chua?? get her on the naked weapon part 2.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

The man means business..... About time someone did... See: Liverpool starlet Raheem Sterling reaps the rewards of Brendan Rodgers' on-camera dressing down - Telegraph
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Brendan Rodgers eager to offload Liverpool FC fringe players to pay for new arrivals before transfer deadline day

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

NEW!! List of Grandmaster Kelongster:

1). Season August 2011 - July 2012: Zaren *

SEASON 2012 AUG to 2013 MAY!

League table of Kelongsters.

1). Airfins 5pts.
    2). Cheesecake 4pts.
    3). Roadrunner 4pts.
    4). zaren 4pts.
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). blazer_workz 3pts.
    8). Toxicboy 2pts. ---> closet fan?!
    9). Grumpy 2pts.

30/8/12, Thursday!!
    Europa league!!

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB vs. Hearts!!
    ANFIELD!!!

1). 3-0 LFC Wins!! (Carroll, Borini) CC
    2. 2-0 Liverpool win Carroll Carroll sunnyday

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!![/SIZE][/I][/B]

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

1). Airfins 5pts.
    2). Cheesecake 4pts.
    3). Roadrunner 4pts.
    4). zaren 4pts.
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). blazer_workz 3pts.
    9). Grumpy 2pts.

30/8/12, Thursday!!
    Europa league!!

ANFIELD!!!

2). 2-0 Liverpool win (Carroll Carroll) sunnyday
    3) 2-0 LFC win!! (suarez, suarez) zaren
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

bro kuanwk is the physio?
    everyone knows the sole supplier of all e gees ard here is cc..

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    how come this is not the winning goal?!

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!!

1). Airfins 5pts.
    2). Cheesecake 4pts.
    3). Roadrunner 4pts.
    4). zaren 4pts.
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). blazer_workz 3pts.
    9). Grumpy 2pts.

30/8/12, Thursday!!
    Europa league!!

ANFIELD!!!

2. 2-0 Liverpool win Carroll Carroll sunnyday
    3) 2-0 LFC win!! (suarez, suarez) zaren

LIVERPOOL TO SELL ADAM & DOWNING TO GET STURRIDGE?
    Interesting, if not entirely new tale in The Daily Mirror, who report that Liverpool are going to be busy in the last few days of the window.

The paper claims they are looking for a team with a little more money than sense in order to offload both Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing, in order to raise funds for the purchase of one Daniel Sturridge.

Apparently Roberto di Matteo is 'no more inclined to move Sturridge up the pecking order' than the old lot at Stamford Bridge, so he might want to leave in order to play more and stuff.

However, Chelsea might not be willing to sell if it leaves them a little short up front, which with Romelu Lukaku out on loan and no other striker having been purchased, it might do. They are keen on Edinson Cavani and Andre Schurrle, it says here.

Liverpool will need 15million, which they hope to raise by flogging Adam (possibly to Everton) and Downing (pffft - do you want him?).

Top-four target for Reds' Sahin

New Liverpool midfielder Nuri Sahin has his sights set on helping the club break back into the Premier League top four this term.

currrrrrrrry saaauuuceeeeee!!

The 23-year-old's season-long loan move from Real Madrid was confirmed by the Reds on Saturday and he was in the stands at Anfield the next day to watch his new side draw 2-2 with league champions Manchester City.

With Liverpool putting in their most encouraging performance yet since Brendan Rodgers' appointment as manager in the summer, Sahin was impressed by what he saw in that game and the Turkey international feels a top-four spot should be the target for the Merseysiders in 2012-13.

"If you watch the game against Manchester City, you see that the style the team is playing is very good and of course, Liverpool has to play in the Champions League," Sahin said.

"A big club like Liverpool has to play every year in the Champions League and we will do everything to get in the top four.

"Also there is the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League, and with the potential we have here, we can do some good things."

Liverpool, who could only manage a disappointing eighth-placed finish last season, brought in Rodgers after he achieved success at Swansea with a dynamic football philosophy.

It is a style of play the club's owners hope he can make work for the Reds and one Sahin believes he is well suited to.

"The project with Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers is the best for my situation I think - that is why I am here," he said.

"I think the style I play is the same as how the manager wants the team to play.

"I have settled in very well and I hope it will be the same on the pitch and that we will have a great season."

Sahin was strongly linked with Arsenal before making the switch to Liverpool, but he is in no doubt that he has made the right decision.

"Everything people told me about Liverpool is there, what I see now," said Sahin, who has revealed Real's ex-Reds midfielder Xabi Alonso urged him to make the move.

"It is a very big club with a huge history and I think I have made the right choice."

Sahin joined Real last summer after catching the eye during a successful spell with German side Borussia Dortmund, with whom he won the Bundesliga title in 2010-11.

Once again he was a member of a championship-winning squad in 2011-12 as Real claimed the Primera Division crown, but Sahin suffered with injuries and with there also being plenty of competition in midfield at the Spanish club, in the end, his involvement amounted to only a handful of first-team appearances.

This term, he is hoping to be far more a part of the action.

"This is very important for me after the injury I got last year," Sahin said.

"We became champions at Real Madrid, but I didn't play so many games, so for me it was important to come to a club where I had the chance to play at the highest level.

"I think in this case Liverpool is the best club for me right now."

Asked about the prospect of him making a permanent transfer to Anfield, Sahin said: "In football you never know.

"I am here for this season and then you never know what will be happening in a few months.

"I am looking forward to playing this year here and after, we will see."

Is Zero-Assist Downing THAT Bad?

F365 guest Alex Hess doesn't think so and he suspects Brendan Rodgers believes there's a good player in there somewhere. For now: fragility, limitation, disappointment.

When Brendan Rodgers' teamsheet was released on Sunday afternoon, the choice to grant a berth on the wing to 17-year-old Raheem Sterling will have prompted more than a few raised eyebrows. Having impressed against Hearts three days earlier, Sterling once again equipped himself well against the champions, supplementing some beguiling wing play with a healthy appetite to help out defensively. Many at Anfield will be quietly enthused.

One man unlikely to have appreciated Sterling's performance is Stewart Downing. Already a divisive figure amongst supporters across the country, Downing's stock has in recent months fallen lower than ever. In fact, his name has almost become shorthand for that uniquely English fusion of fragility and limitation; that reliable propensity to underwhelm that has, in recent years, become the stock-in-trade of our national game. It's not entirely surprising.

Despite playing in a position from which we expect to see the flair and excitement showcased by the likes of Sterling, Downing is largely devoid of both; he lacks any real tenacity, and too often seems overawed rather than galvanised; he's a player of discipline and security rather than sparkle and imagination. Stewart Downing is, in short, a very English footballer. He has also suffered 12 months of sustained poor form.

I would hardly be unique in suggesting that Downing underperformed hugely last season. His now-infamous statistic of league goals and assists (zero, in case you've been on Mars) inspired a seemingly unending number of internet jokes, and was telling as to his abject contribution to Liverpool's campaign. It was also a hugely unfair and somewhat deceptive fact. Were it not for his team-mates' utterly comical levels of inept finishing/bad luck/magnetic goal frames (delete as appropriate), Downing would have finished the season with a tangible contribution somewhere well above that humiliating zero.

Alas, though, the incompetent finishing remained, and Downing has since been the subject of much denunciation - most of it justified. But his status as fall guy, lest we forget, had reared its head long before he had shanked his first cross into the Kop - before, even, he'd shanked his first cross into the Holte End. Half a decade ago, during Steve McClaren's doomed tenure as England boss, Downing was routinely used as the stick with which to beat the linguistically versatile Yorkshireman. Having snatched the baton labelled 'teacher's pet' from Owen Hargreaves upon the change of regime, Downing's selection was often demeaned as a deluded hangover from McClaren's Middlesbrough days, and jeers regularly accompanied his name being announced on the tannoy. The sound of a disapproving stadium full of fans must now be depressingly familiar.

Despite it all, though, Downing continued to impress at club level, earning himself a move to Aston Villa upon Middlesbrough's relegation, and it's easily forgotten that he was largely superb at Villa Park. He especially excelled in his final year there, which he spent mostly on the right flank, bagging eight goals, nine assists, and claiming the club's Player of the Season award in the process. The subsequent attentions of Liverpool therefore seemed well-grounded, even if their eventual 20m outlay was characteristically excessive.

Under Kenny Dalglish, Downing's switch back to a conventional left-winger, broadly to service the central, conventional target of Andy Carroll, seemed to suit him less, and his outings on the opposite flank were only ever fleeting. Having failed to hit the ground running, and under increasing pressure due to his price tag, Downing spent the season locked in an inescapable cycle of poor form and floundering morale. His manager's decision to keep faith in his signing, rather than remove him from the ever-increasing limelight was perhaps, in hindsight, the wrong one. Zero goals, zero assists. The jokes began.

And yet, despite it all, he seems to remain very much in Liverpool's plans. Downing has started three of Brendan Rodgers' five competitive games at the helm thus far, and, despite losing his place on Sunday, Sterling's introduction into first-team affairs is likely to be a gradual one. Much of Downing's continued prominence is due to a shortage of options - Sterling apart, his main competitors for a wide berth are the well-meaning but ultimately hapless Joe Cole and newly signed rookie Oussama Assaidi - but it's hugely telling that Downing hasn't joined the likes of Cole, Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll on his manager's 'to be replaced' list. Rodgers, as we all know, likes his attackers to be mobile, technically adept and quick-thinking, and he clearly believes Downing can fit these criteria. Crucially, it looks as if Downing will for the most part be reinstated on the right of the attack - Rodgers favouring the in-vogue 'inverted' style of winger - where he can perhaps restore some sort of a goal threat to his game, as well as open up space for the marauding Glen Johnson.

There is a further possibility: left-back. It's something that has been whispered for some time by a few brave Kopites, partly due to his lack of success on the left wing, and partly due to Jose Enrique's downward trajectory towards the end of last season and the lack of any real alternative to the Spaniard. It's not a tactic likely to be employed regularly, but against sides willing to sit deep and cede possession, Downing could offer the drive and progressive ball usage that Enrique often fails to produce. It would too, in theory, more readily afford him the time and space to deliver left-footed crosses, and holds less danger of him being isolated in the sort of one-on-one scenario that so often concludes with the opposing full-back striding away with the ball, and Downing picking himself dejectedly up off the turf.

What this piece has been getting at, and what Rodgers would appear to think, is that Downing, despite his glaring limitations, isn't that bad a player. He can even - whisper it - be a rather good one. Whether he will ever be a good player for Liverpool remains to be seen, but it looks as though he'll be given a final campaign to prove his many critics wrong. What he currently faces is the archetypal 'make or break' season. At this point in time Downing is the perennial Nearly Man, doing well when comparatively free from pressure, but cowering into his shell when forced under the spotlight. At 28, such a response must be now banished from his psyche.

Should he fail at Liverpool, there will be no reputation-restoring stint at another club, no second chance at anything approaching European football. He will have come and gone. 'Stewart Downing': fragility, limitation, disappointment. But, as we saw at the Riverside and Villa Park, there's a player in there somewhere, and Brendan Rodgers is giving him the chance to prove it. Downing, staring down the proverbial barrel, needs to take it.

curry sauce!!!!

he is really that terok lor!

You mean Chelsea need Adam and Downing? LOL...

LIVERPOOL TO SELL ADAM & DOWNING TO GET STURRIDGE?
    Interesting, if not entirely new tale in The Daily Mirror, who report that Liverpool are going to be busy in the last few days of the window.

The paper claims they are looking for a team with a little more money than sense in order to offload both Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing, in order to raise funds for the purchase of one Daniel Sturridge.

Apparently Roberto di Matteo is 'no more inclined to move Sturridge up the pecking order' than the old lot at Stamford Bridge, so he might want to leave in order to play more and stuff.

However, Chelsea might not be willing to sell if it leaves them a little short up front, which with Romelu Lukaku out on loan and no other striker having been purchased, it might do. They are keen on Edinson Cavani and Andre Schurrle, it says here.

Liverpool will need 15million, which they hope to raise by flogging Adam (possibly to Everton) and Downing (pffft - do you want him?).

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!![/SIZE][/I][/B]

1). Airfins 5pts.
    2). Cheesecake 4pts.
    3). Roadrunner 4pts.
    4). zaren 4pts.
    5). ahyoo 4pts.
    6). sunnyday 4pts.
    7). blazer_workz 3pts.