Thread: Help!...Contrast & Brigtness & print outz..!!

Default Help!...Contrast & Brigtness & print outz..!!

Hi iam diet. I might need help for this..

well, u knoe every of de monitor have thier own adjust mode like Brigtness & Contrast.But,so far what i knoe that every individual have thier own contrast & Brightness to ADJUST.But for me i adjust to contrast 100 & Brigtness 20. But,when comes to print itself or print in de shop i knoe de colour will not be de same as de monitor itself. This two thing is very important to me or maybe to others perhaps.
    bUT,for me both is important de monitor of course everyone will see frm de monitor but i cant tell is it to bright for them to see or to dark also de print outz...

Quote Originally Posted by Diet
    Hi iam diet. I might need help for this..

well, u knoe every of de monitor have thier own adjust mode like Brigtness & Contrast.But,so far what i knoe that every individual have thier own contrast & Brightness to ADJUST.But for me i adjust to contrast 100 & Brigtness 20. But,when comes to print itself or print in de shop i knoe de colour will not be de same as de monitor itself. This two thing is very important to me or maybe to others perhaps.
    bUT,for me both is important de monitor of course everyone will see frm de monitor but i cant tell is it to bright for them to see or to dark also de print outz...
    uor inglish wery diffekalt du anderstand!!

If it looks a little bright on the screen, leave it. If it looks underexposed, brighten it.

If you have Photoshop, then run Adobe Gamma to create a profile for your monitor. Go to Control Pannel and you will se the icon if you have already installed photoshop.

Run the wizard mode, and it will instruct you to turn Contrast to max and then adjust brightness based on the apprearance of a back and white square on screen.

Then you adjust the gamma setting for the individuaol RGB channels and finally step is to adjust the colour temperature.

I use Adobe Gamma for my monitor without using any other monitor calibration devices. So far my photo prints at home or from the lab are all good.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by bkling1
    uor inglish wery diffekalt du anderstand!!
    all thnks 2 e proliferatn of sms!

Back to the original topic, Roy basically covered it. However, note that not all labs calibrate their monitors, and some labs might do it differently, some labs might calibrate to different gamma (1.8 vs 2.2), so perfect print matching may not be possible in this case.

Regards
    CK

Also note that brightness and contrast for laptop screen and CRT monitor is different. The former tend to be brighter. Thus, I think either you have to get a calibration profiles from the printer e.g. Kian Tian Color Centre (Hong Lim Complex) provide one, or you just have to do self-calibration yourself as what our kind moderators have adviced. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349
    If it looks a little bright on the screen, leave it. If it looks underexposed, brighten it.
    same advise for printing your photos.