Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple vs Samsung

Default Re: Apple vs Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    End of the day is .... Whoever sell more WIN.
    patent lawyers win the most. even if their client lose, also get paid
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma

patent lawyers win the most. even if their client lose, also get paid
    Government win the most. They tax all parties !
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    The one who wins is the better marketeer, who can convince people to buy a more expensive product, with similar features as other products. It all boils down to Marketing and Branding.
    this reminds me of a company called "canon" !
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

...The judge has not decided. Only the jury did.

The final say will be from the judge!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy
    ...The judge has not decided. Only the jury did.

The final say will be from the judge!
    Hahaha! In American judiciary system, the verdict is given by the jury. The sentence is by the judge.
    E-M5 | O12-50 | O45/1.8 | P14/2.5 | O40-150 R | O17/1.8
    Metz 32CT7 | Flux Capacitor

Blog Entries

This thread is so funny...

Copying in tech sector is pretty normal and happens all the time. Smart phones today is an evolutionary process... I am so surprised to see people so adamant that Samsung copied from Apple... and did Apple innovate everything?? News for some of you, Apple copied others too... But they are just smart enough to go around buying up the right patents AFTER the fact. Smart phone journey was more of an evolution. If want to talk about the real innovators, it was probably Palm (later became part of 3com), Nokia, Sony Ericsson and O2 that did more for the smart phone industry than Apple or Samsung....

Apple won the lawsuit because it has a smart legal department and is large/rich enough, and manage to register and/or buy up all the right patents to start making some serious dough by litigation... It is not about protection of their IP... it is more whacking on the competition...

If you actually worked/lived in the Silicon Valley, you might understand how the pirates of the Silicon Valley operate. And nothing is as righteous or clear cut...

Get over it guys.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 4th September 2012 at 08:00 PM.

There is merit in Apple making things straight forward for non-techies. Though at higher cost and the trade-off is that one is confined to what peripherals Apple endorses. This is actually very attractive. Just buy it, connect it and it is expected to function with little fuss.

Long ago they had an advert where a girl threw a sledge hammer into a screen showing big brother, a dig at big blue, IBM.

Decades later, roles are changed. Apple is now behaving in a dominant way, it has become big brother and has plenty of money in its war chest.
    Smaller players who try to innovate are being oppressed. They are like the girl throwing the sledgehammer at big brother, Apple.
    How interesting. Chinese say, Feng Shui circulate.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 4th September 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries

That is why... many people in the Silicon Valley is saying that Apple is the new Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    That is why... many people in the Silicon Valley is saying that Apple is the new Microsoft.
    Except MS dominates 90% market share....
    Apple dominates 90% profit margin....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Except MS dominates 90% market share....
    Apple dominates 90% profit margin....
    Whatever.. they were not referring to market share or profit dominance... they are referring to Apple's attitude and how they as a company treat consumers and other competition.

aka.. increase efforts in striking down competitors and some unrelated businesses, while slowing down on innovation...

and btw... I don't think they are dominating 90% share of the profit anymore... that is why they are so afraid now... And with the big price increases from Foxconn as well as price pressures from the competition, the dominance is on its way down.

Sometimes, it is better to not believe too much hype out there... and when you actually in the industry, you will know what is actually happening...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th September 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Whatever.. they were not referring to market share or profit dominance... they are referring to Apple's attitude and how they as a company treat consumers and other competition.

aka.. increase efforts in striking down competitors and some unrelated businesses, while slowing down on innovation...

and btw... I don't think they are dominating 90% share of the profit anymore... that is why they are so afraid now... And with the big price increases from Foxconn as well as price pressures from the competition, the dominance is on its way down.
    Nobody likes to see any one company dominating the market.
    On customer service, I on the contrary felt Apple's service is way better what I have ever experienced anywhere by anyone ... Maybe except Olympus. At least this is what I felt when I go to Apple retail store in HK for warranty claims, etc.
    And their product quality is also one of the best.

How they treat competitors? Well how would you treat your competitor? it's all business.

Could you share what are your good experiences (i.e. service and product quality) with Apple? I had numerous bad experiences and would like to think otherwise.

Nobody likes to see any one company dominating the market.
    On customer service, I on the contrary felt Apple's service is way better what I have ever experienced anywhere by anyone ... Maybe except Olympus. At least this is what I felt when I go to Apple retail store in HK for warranty claims, etc.
    And their product quality is also one of the best.

How they treat competitors? Well how would you treat your competitor? it's all business.
    Last edited by keiser; 5th September 2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Could you share what are your good experiences (i.e. service and product quality) with Apple? I had numerous bad experiences and would like to think otherwise.
    Might be specific to Hong Kong. Maybe over there they don't delete complaint threads from the forums, etc.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by keiser
    Good experience
    1. Apple retail store provide
    - free wifi
    - free MacBook, iPad to use ... I can sit there and use the Mac whole day. Nobody wl bother me.
    - one to one exchange of faulty product within warranty period. No questions asked.
    - out of warranty product, you pay for repair fees as stated in the tariff, and they do one to one exchange giving you their refurbished product. No questions asked.
    - if you have trouble with setting (I don't, but I observe others who came in for help), backup error, or any things you don't understand, just book a one to one session with their genius and they go through with you patiently.

2. On the phone assistance (when I was new to apple) - as long as during 3 month period or if you have apple care, they walk you through everything you need to know on the phone. Patiently. At your pace.

Good product quality
    1 My 1st gen iPod touch bought in 2007, still using now after 3 iterations of OS update.
    2. My iPhone 3G bought in 2008, battery can still last a whole day. After 4 iterations of OS update. Yes it's a little slow with the new OS but its expected. It's still working like normal, after 4 years. The same cant be said about Nokia phones or blackberry even only after 2 years.
    3. Quality of their airport extreme is exemplary with 3x mimo antenna at lower price than cisco's similar E4200. This was also confirmed by anandtech. As plain user, I can already benefit from the faster speed of their wireless router, both on Mac, idevices and windows pc.

Good support
    1. All hardware are being supported with at least 2 iterations of OS update (3 versions including the original that came with it). How many iterations did blackberry, android, winphone7, windows mobile, and webOS supported its customers?

I mentioned my good experience. Now let's listen to your bad experience.

So far i've had no issues with my iPod Touch 3rd Generation. I use it predominantly just to listen to music. But i'm going to switch to a Sony MP3 player because of superior audio.

But heck, if you listen to music from an iPod but use sennheiser, tdk, sony, etc earphones or headphones, the audio quality is enhanced. But if you want even better audio quality direct from the player, it's not Apple you'll be looking for.

And btw, reports in the paper are usually adjusted. If you want to know the exact market share and profit/loss, join any electronics firm

The last one standing win.....so far Motorola and Ericsson has gone....guess who is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    The last one standing win.....so far Motorola and Ericsson has gone....guess who is next?
    Ericsson is still around. Just focused on the infrastructure.
    Alpha

Hey thanks for sharing. Unfortunately all these positivity still cannot make me think otherwise able Apple. Perhaps my negativity has been overly deep rooted. Share my bad experiences? Perhaps later or another time because I currently feel a little "sian" or tired to whine it out here since it is a long list (the latest item being the MacBook Pro with retina display believe it or not). All I could say at this point is that I'm actively seeking alternatives for myself. Good luck!

Good experience
    1. Apple retail store provide
    - free wifi
    - free MacBook, iPad to use ... I can sit there and use the Mac whole day. Nobody wl bother me.
    - one to one exchange of faulty product within warranty period. No questions asked.
    - out of warranty product, you pay for repair fees as stated in the tariff, and they do one to one exchange giving you their refurbished product. No questions asked.
    - if you have trouble with setting (I don't, but I observe others who came in for help), backup error, or any things you don't understand, just book a one to one session with their genius and they go through with you patiently.

2. On the phone assistance (when I was new to apple) - as long as during 3 month period or if you have apple care, they walk you through everything you need to know on the phone. Patiently. At your pace.

Good product quality
    1 My 1st gen iPod touch bought in 2007, still using now after 3 iterations of OS update.
    2. My iPhone 3G bought in 2008, battery can still last a whole day. After 4 iterations of OS update. Yes it's a little slow with the new OS but its expected. It's still working like normal, after 4 years. The same cant be said about Nokia phones or blackberry even only after 2 years.
    3. Quality of their airport extreme is exemplary with 3x mimo antenna at lower price than cisco's similar E4200. This was also confirmed by anandtech. As plain user, I can already benefit from the faster speed of their wireless router, both on Mac, idevices and windows pc.

Good support
    1. All hardware are being supported with at least 2 iterations of OS update (3 versions including the original that came with it). How many iterations did blackberry, android, winphone7, windows mobile, and webOS supported its customers?

I mentioned my good experience. Now let's listen to your bad experience.
    Last edited by keiser; 5th September 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keiser
    Hey thanks for sharing. Unfortunately all these positivity still cannot make me think otherwise able Apple. Perhaps my negativity has been overly deep rooted. Share my bad experiences? Perhaps later or another time because I currently feel a little "sian" or tired to whine it out here since it is a long list (the latest item being the MacBook Pro with retina display believe it or not). All I could say at this point is that I'm actively seeking alternatives for myself. Good luck!
    Wow! After all that, nothing substantial. Just a bad feeling.
    I guess for some, the under dog is always a better alternative and the giant is always a bully. Whether they are man utd or barca.

Btw, I do have a negative thing about Apple I didn't mention earlier. I have a 2008 (4 years old) MacBook (white unibody polycarbonate discontinued non pro core2 duo MacBook) which was recently updated to mountain lion 10.8.1 without a hitch, and works just as well, tho a little slow. I badly want to buy the new MBA to replace this and trying to find excuses ... But I found none to convince my CO. Yes, I am a little frustrated that the MacBook last so long and worked so well that I can't find an excuse to buy a new one. This is probably the only negative thing I have about Apple. Well, at least I found something bad about it. Otherwise I probably stick out like a sore thumb and wonder what I'm missing when everyone is convinced otherwise.
    Last edited by milez; 5th September 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Apple Care?

hmmm.....

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast