Thread: speed flash

Default speed flash

Hi, I've just taken up photography in full swing last year and thus am quite new to the terms and equipment. I'm intending to get a speed light that is meant for both outdoor and indoor shoot. powerful enough to perform a good fill flash and other stuffs. Can anyone recommend? Nothing too expensive. Budget is abt $120. Thanks.

auto flash or one dedictaed to your camera?
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Err...what is the difference? I guess should be the auto one. Well, I need a flash that I can control as well as one that can perform auto flashing. Which would you recommend?

Originally posted by snappez
    Err...what is the difference? I guess should be the auto one. Well, I need a flash that I can control as well as one that can perform auto flashing. Which would you recommend?
    as far as i know, there is no TTL flash with manual controls for your price range? The cheap TTL Achiever flashes do not have manual controls.

Originally posted by erwinx

as far as i know, there is no TTL flash with manual controls for your price range? The cheap TTL Achiever flashes do not have manual controls.
    ok, thanks.

Hi, it the reveival of my old thread. Just need to ask one question. What model of sppedlight would any of you recommend for a amatuer like me if budget is not the issue?

What cameras are you guys using??

Originally posted by YSLee
    What cameras are you guys using??
    Nikon F65.

Ah, look for a used SB-22s then.

Greetings fellow F65 user

Can anyone tell us something about SB-22s? Firefox13 is selling his for $80.

Check it out here

Basic flash, GN 28m, no swivel, 28 and 17mm coverage. A few auto modes for the on flash sensor, and a M mode. SB22 is what firefox is selling. GN I believe is slightly less, and has a MD mode.

Can this SB-22s speedlight swivel?

Originally posted by snappez
    Can this SB-22s speedlight swivel?
    yes, it can. -7 degree to 90 degree

That's tilt, not swivel. The SB-22's don't swivel. Swivel is only available in the top end Nikon flashes.

That's tilt, not swivel. The SB-22's don't swivel. Swivel is only available in the top end Nikon flashes.
    Yeah, I am wrong. By the way, what is the difference between swivel and tilt? thanks.

I am confused with this one:

Originally posted by ckiang

I am not too sure, but does the Achiever do the 3D Matrix Balanced Fill Flash, or just regular TTL? Regular TTL will probaby not have the same effect.

Yeah, you're right about the SB22S not having a true tilting head. Which is a disadvantage.

Regards
    CK

Only the front portion of the flash tilts.. the head itself doesn't move. Take a look at the SB-22 and you'll know.

Only the front portion of the flash tilts.. the head itself doesn't move. Take a look at the SB-22 and you'll know.
    ok thanks, YS

i presume the same with the SB-22S