Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Need Help With i-Cabi(Digi Cabi) DB036

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default Need Help With i-Cabi(Digi Cabi) DB036

    hi,

    just got a i-cabi, 30L from John 3:16 for $99

    but then i dun quite noe how to use it, despite reading the instructions.

    i plugged it in, now it shows 73% 30 deg C

    it says in the instructions (under Digital Humidity Control)

    to press set etc. but the thing is the digital display seems to be stuck to the glass cabinet. how do i press the "T", "H" and "C" buttons if the digital display is stuck to the glass door?

    also, (under Digital Display Series) it says pull out black tab on the digital hydrometer fo first usage. whats this black tab?

    also, whats the percentage that it shd be at for cameras and lenses only?

    thanks, cant wait to put my D70 in.

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    The "Black tab" is the piece of plastic at the battery compartment of the LCD display.
    Don't need to press any buttons, inside the cabinet there is a circular knob, you just twist this either clockwise or anti-clockwise to set the humidity level.

    If I am not wrong the correct humidity for cameras should 45% ~ 55%
    Someone confirm this. (It should be in the manual.)

  3. #3
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    The "Black tab" is the piece of plastic at the battery compartment of the LCD display.
    Don't need to press any buttons, inside the cabinet there is a circular knob, you just twist this either clockwise or anti-clockwise to set the humidity level.

    If I am not wrong the correct humidity for cameras should 45% ~ 55%
    Someone confirm this. (It should be in the manual.)
    Already well explained. The black plastic tab is to cut the batt's contact connection to the meter. Remove it to use. Then fiddle with the only knob to get results!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    phew, thanks guys
    i nearly yanked out the whole digital display!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    oh another question :
    there are some fins behind the cabi. issit ok if i rest them against the wall? ie. they r in contact with the wall?

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Why didn't you get a 80L one?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    oh another question :
    there are some fins behind the cabi. issit ok if i rest them against the wall? ie. they r in contact with the wall?
    leave some space behind.

    And leave it on for a day (without opening the door) to let the % settle down.
    Then adjust the knob to maintain it at 45% to 55% the next day.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Why didn't you get a 80L one?
    actually supposed to get a 2nd hand 50L one, but dunno WHO this month no money. so LL get a 30L one lor
    espn

    and could it be i just blasted abt 2000 bucks after catching the BUY BUY BUY virus from u and i have no money liao?!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Ha, now another little question.
    After you put your D70 and kit lens inside your new dry cabi, dont you think they are a bit lonely and the dry cabi looks very empty......

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    2K for an initial start up is VERY little lah, quit complaining there's more to come.

    Astin, and after it gets full, time for a change

  11. #11
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    BUY BUY BUY and then BUY BUY BUY another dry cabinet because there is no more space left.

  12. #12
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    oh another question :
    there are some fins behind the cabi. issit ok if i rest them against the wall? ie. they r in contact with the wall?
    the fins are like a radiator and it needs air to flow through, so do not put it against the wall. There is a sponge like material sticking out at the fin area, this is where the humidity is passed out from the cabinet.

    PS I give your cabinet a year, since you already have the Buy Bug

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Mine's full too, I need a new one soon!!!!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sick-Ka-Poor land
    Posts
    1,238

    Default solution

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi,

    just got a i-cabi, 30L from John 3:16 for $99

    but then i dun quite noe how to use it, despite reading the instructions.

    i plugged it in, now it shows 73% 30 deg C

    it says in the instructions (under Digital Humidity Control)

    to press set etc. but the thing is the digital display seems to be stuck to the glass cabinet. how do i press the "T", "H" and "C" buttons if the digital display is stuck to the glass door?

    also, (under Digital Display Series) it says pull out black tab on the digital hydrometer fo first usage. whats this black tab?

    also, whats the percentage that it shd be at for cameras and lenses only?

    thanks, cant wait to put my D70 in.

    hi..i got the same model as u...solution is simple. turn clockwise to C...till the end.if u cant see..do get a torch..tehre is a knob can tune one.

    the humid for camera should maintain at 50% and below. i managed to set it below 47%

    ian

    ian
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    hi i did the above,but the humidity gauge like not consistent
    i mean initially it was 59% so i turn clockwise(towards C) and it went up to 67%?!

    i noe everytime u open the door the humidity goes up...but does it go up that much? i open,turn the nob and close liao!

    now i turned it all the way till C and its 65%!

    heeeeeelp!!!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi i did the above,but the humidity gauge like not consistent
    i mean initially it was 59% so i turn clockwise(towards C) and it went up to 67%?!

    i noe everytime u open the door the humidity goes up...but does it go up that much? i open,turn the nob and close liao!

    now i turned it all the way till C and its 65%!

    heeeeeelp!!!
    learn to wait... and DON"T open it again....

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    Actually it takes quite a few hours to get down to the level you want for the first few times as air inside is probably all same humidity as outside. What I suggests is read the manual, it should say something about the rough humidity level for each rating (A,B,C).

    Be sure you place your equipment outside first to get a stabilised reading:
    1. Turn your knob to the "C" position, monitor the humidity level every 30 mins.
    2. If you are tired, let it run overnight for it to get a stabilised reading.
    3. If overnight already it reads 50% +/-, VOILA!!! Put all your items inside, just monitor it for a few days to see if it maintain at that level.
    4. If much lower than 50% (eg 40%), adjust your knob a bit away from position "C" and wait for a few hours for it to stabilise at a reading.
    5. Do step 4 until you get around 50%+/- (a range of 45-55% is usable).


    Actually, once you open the door, the humid air rush into the cabinet already. Open a few seconds can increase from 50% to 60% easily. It just show how effective the Digital meter is

  18. #18
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    OK got the instruction on front of me:

    • To set lower humidity level, turn the knob on dehumidifier to clockwise direction towards "C"

    • To set higher humidity level, turn the knob on the dehumidifier to anti-clockwise direction towards "A"

    and as mentioned by theITguy you have to set it, close the door and wait for a while for the dehumidifier t do it's work.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    wah lau!!!

    i have been fiddling with the nob since wed!!!!

    from C i turn all the way, now almost B liao.
    at C it was abt 41%, so i turn towards B, then it became 30%! now i set it at B, hope it is abt 50%. wah piang! y so diff to use wan, my precious D70 sit in the box 4 days liao!!!!!!!!!

    normally u guys set it at which setting B or C?

    or is it faulty?!?!?!

  20. #20

    Default

    i set my knob between A & B... 45% constant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •