Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for good strap

Default Re: Recommendations for good strap

I got the crumpler one. I feel it distributes the load quite well. Strap is long enough to adjust for either around the neck or diagonally across the shoulder.
    D7000+grip+24-70

I carry the D700+grip+lens using a BlackRapid RS5. I have some arm/shoulder injury & I now swear by this strap as it enables me to carry the equipment with ease & comfort, especially over long distances like whilst on holidays. Also, the strap makes the equipment less obstrusive, avoiding bumps & knocks whilst freeing both my hands to do other 1001 things! I initially dislike the strap becos it was ex & too gung-ho/showy looking but now I couldnt care less & couldnt do without it.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 26th August 2012 at 09:51 AM.

I use the C-Loop strap for my D800e and 70-200mm combo. Trying is believing that this takes a lot of the weight pressure away from the shoulder.
    Amateurs worry about gear. Pros worry about money. Masters worry about light.

Dear All ,

Wondering is there any sling strap that hook through the camera strap-eye thus the camera is up-right instead of upside down ???
    Don't quite like the feeling when it upside-down as it is screw through the grip. Worry that the grip MIGHT separated from the body somehow.
    Unless am using D4. hahaha
    Am using D700+grip+24-70 f2.8.

Is there such sling strap ???

Thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by highwaystar
    Dear All ,

Wondering is there any sling strap that hook through the camera strap-eye thus the camera is up-right instead of upside down ???
    Don't quite like the feeling when it upside-down as it is screw through the grip. Worry that the grip MIGHT separated from the body somehow.

Thanks you
    Yes, there is, you can check out the optech utility strap but the strap itself is not as fast as other sling straps as you have to unclip a side before using.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Yes, there is, you can check out the optech utility strap but the strap itself is not as fast as other sling straps as you have to unclip a side before using.
    Hey Bro ,

Thanks for the tip-off.
    May I know where can I check it out ???

Thanks you in-advance

For me I will remain the camera strap and carry out with my messenger camera bag.
    Such as Crumpler brand should be much better quality and used for long term.

Even I'm not in used for my camera with lens and put in my bag to carry aways and take out also much easily

That's my option..

Currently using blackrapid strap... prefer to side sling... and very easy to get into shooting position...

Quote Originally Posted by highwaystar View Post
    Hey Bro ,

Thanks for the tip-off.
    May I know where can I check it out ???

Thanks you in-advance
    You can see and try one at TK Foto I think

Cathay sells it too.

The other option you can bring it out.
    Go for side sling bag.

Anything you can fit in for what you need.
    Once you feel tired and the body with lens put back to bag and carry aways only.

Last edited by rain5533; 29th August 2012 at 08:02 AM.

Has anyone seen this version of the Optech Sling at shops in peninsula?
    I am using 2 optech straps at the moment as my sling....

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming/

The Crumpler Industry Disgrace is my current favourite. Been using the past year . Think it will last for quite awhile. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neoro View Post
    Has anyone seen this version of the Optech Sling at shops in peninsula?
    I am using 2 optech straps at the moment as my sling....

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling
    This was the strap mentioned earlier. You can check it out at TK Foto or Cathay Photo

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

This was the strap mentioned earlier. You can check it out at TK Foto or Cathay Photo
    I use the op/tech sling strap with a blackrapid fastenr on the tripod mount. Cheap way to get the sling strap functionality with op/tech's made in USA quality and lifetime warranty.

i'm also considering getting a sling strap to be used for nikon d90 - tamron 17-50 VC. let's say that you're using a sling strap and walking around.. i'd like to know if you're still carrying your camera bag with you (wear like a back pack?) or do you leave it in the car/at home/in the hotel (when overseas)?

Quote Originally Posted by kodakero12 View Post
    i'm also considering getting a sling strap to be used for nikon d90 - tamron 17-50 VC. let's say that you're using a sling strap and walking around.. i'd like to know if you're still carrying your camera bag with you (wear like a back pack?) or do you leave it in the car/at home/in the hotel (when overseas)?
    it depends on your preference?
    I have my camera in my lowepro passport sling, but when I'm out there shooting, I sling my camera on me. Kinda becomes a X sling cos I sling my bag to the left, instead of the right...

when traveling, I use a backpack, so yeah, I still have my bags with me. again, it's personal preference...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by highwaystar View Post
    Dear All ,

Thanks you
    Yes, I am using one... called the camdapter strap. It does better, on sling position, your lens is always pointing towards the floor.

And the parts are built very strongly with no weakpoints. Military grade. Sold my blackrapid once I got this. The Optech sling is too inconvenient to use also... I chuck it one side, but use the QR fasteners to secure other stuff to my belt system.

Camdapter - The Shoulder Strap
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th September 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes, I am using one... called the camdapter strap. It does better, on sling position, your lens is always pointing towards the floor.

And the parts are built very strongly with no weakpoints. Military grade. Sold my blackrapid once I got this. The Optech sling is too inconvenient to use also... I chuck it one side, but use the QR fasteners to secure other stuff to my belt system.

Camdapter - The Shoulder Strap
    It certainty it looks good and spread the weight well.. Expensice though... Hope it's worth the price tag. locallyHow much are they selling locally?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
    It certainty it looks good and spread the weight well.. Expensice though... Hope it's worth the price tag. locallyHow much are they selling locally?
    Not expensive if you look closely... the $99 USD price includes the strap, an acra-swiss (or manfrotto) base plate, and a hand strap, all made from full grain real leather.

You can also buy just the sling strap alone for $49 USD...

In fact, it is alot cheaper than the blackrapid and carry speed. Plus, you get real quality.

You can only buy it online. Shipping is flat rate $8 USD. And I receive my stuff from them usually within 7 days.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th September 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast