Thread: 4R photo size - too big?

Default 4R photo size - too big?

hi all, i'm planning to get some photos printed in 4R size which i haven't done in years. most of my photos are upwards of 8mb in size, total overkill. if i plug these photos into one of the self-service machines, will they be rejected for being too big?

Blog Entries

Default Re: 4R photo size - too big?

no they wont be rejected, why don't you send them for printing online instead?

The machines will do the necessary resizing for you. As long as the aspect ratio is the same, you should not have any problems.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    The machines will do the necessary resizing for you. As long as the aspect ratio is the same, you should not have any problems.
    I would say you should downsize and save as jpeg as necessary.

The thing is that you don't know how the machine will downsize your image. Whether it will apply any sharpening algorithms while doing it. The last thing you want is to print photos from a shop and be I satisfied because they appear softer than u remembered them being as not enough downsampling sharpness was applied.

Quote Originally Posted by poolgirl View Post
    hi all, i'm planning to get some photos printed in 4R size which i haven't done in years. most of my photos are upwards of 8mb in size, total overkill. if i plug these photos into one of the self-service machines, will they be rejected for being too big?
    they shouldn't, but you should worry more are your photos in the same aspect ratio of 2:3 instead.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

hey try snapfish...

new members get 30 prints free..heehee..4R size.