Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: the Ultimate camera

  1. #1

    Default the Ultimate camera

    Came across this thread, check out the 2nd post for the ultimate camera. i gotta get me one of those!

    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...28&forum_id=87

  2. #2

    Default

    Most of us already have a pair. They are called eyes--the more I learned about the limitations of camera and lenses, the more amazed I am on what our eyes can do: auto-focus, auto white-balance, self-cleaning....the list goes on.

  3. #3

    Default

    some eyes can help with attracting the females...
    but no matter how expensive my cam and lens is, no girl says... woo wad a nice camera u have...

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taku1a
    Most of us already have a pair. They are called eyes--the more I learned about the limitations of camera and lenses, the more amazed I am on what our eyes can do: auto-focus, auto white-balance, self-cleaning....the list goes on.
    So which side of the ears shall we stick in a 2 gig CF card?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Hi,

    I want this bit:
    "Uri Geller faith based viewfinder", but, can it still bend spoons

    This part could be usefull also :
    "With a thought controlled shutter release and negative lag time
    (it captures a bird that was there up to ten seconds ago) you will never miss".

    A direct dump of images via a "Cranial Plug" is a must !!!
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So which side of the ears shall we stick in a 2 gig CF card?
    Um, according to the most modest estimates, our brains have at least a few hundred megabytes of built-in memory. With the fantastic lossy compression rate, there is little need to add external memory. Though, there is strong demand for a cranial USB/firewire port to download the pictures.

    But rest be assured, someone is working on things somewhere right now.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moos blues
    some eyes can help with attracting the females...
    but no matter how expensive my cam and lens is, no girl says... woo wad a nice camera u have...
    But that does not stop us from asking "I bought this new camera, can I take a picture of you? $50 per session with ten of us?"

    With pick-up lines like this, no wonder most of us don't get lucky.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taku1a
    But that does not stop us from asking "I bought this new camera, can I take a picture of you? $50 per session with ten of us?"

    With pick-up lines like this, no wonder most of us don't get lucky.
    And big holes in our pockets for the $50 model fees per session.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moos blues
    some eyes can help with attracting the females...
    but no matter how expensive my cam and lens is, no girl says... woo wad a nice camera u have...
    I think when the girl says, "Wat a nice body you have."

    She means your camera.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So which side of the ears shall we stick in a 2 gig CF card?
    2GB ain't enuff.

    Our brains are capable of up to Petrabytes and Petrabytes of storage.

  11. #11

    Default

    Our brains are capable of up to Petrabytes and Petrabytes of storage
    but that storage is lossy..

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    but that storage is lossy..
    its the software that does the storing & retrieval is lousy.
    you need to upgrade.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    its the software that does the storing & retrieval is lousy.
    you need to upgrade.

    100% agree!

    But on the other hand, it is precisely this imperfect software that makes us so happily imperfect!

    How else can one explain the eccentricities and weirdos we see around us all the time!

    I love imperfection!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    2GB ain't enuff.

    Our brains are capable of up to Petrabytes and Petrabytes of storage.
    There are some researchers who think our memories are much much less than that. Less than 2Gb in fact.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •