Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The D3 and D3s

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive

Whats the D600 ?
    It is a new entry-level FX dSLR that Nikon is rumored to be launching at an attractive price.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Default Re: The D3 and D3s

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post
    The majority of hobbyist own gear way over their skill/need levels, even I myself.
    So its now its not a comparison of how good the gear is.
    Its a question of how good we are.
    So agree !!
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

anyway I would love to meet some bros who own D3 or D3s in person so maybe you can share some experience and if you don't mind I can hands on a little? really appreciate. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    It is a new entry-level FX dSLR that Nikon is rumored to be launching at an attractive price.
    This is a rumour but looks almost genuine. Take it with a pinch of salt though.

Nikon D600 pictures leak, offers full-frame snapping at a crop-frame price -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Oops sound sad, near your feedback on D series bodies just like playing toys.
    they are toys, for most of us here, aren't they? i really enjoy/love taking pictures. even bad ones. most importantly is to just enjoy, have fun, and hopefully get to meet other equally passionate people along the way as well.

anyway i figured out many years ago to just buy lenses and hold them, and for the most part, buy the bodies used... financially makes sense in the longer run. though the d800e has punctured a hole into this theory, all the older AF-D lenses are not up to snuff.

Competency wise, D3/D3S is still going to last for another 3-5 years till you get your hands itchy for upgrade.

My D2X followed me through 7 years of abuse in events till now, and it's still a workhorse, and a lovely one still.

D3/D3S was a major breakthrough in FX and Hi-ISO. Compared with the D4, I'd say it's only losing out in MP (not that it's important) and several unnecessary functions / good-to-have-designs.

I've played with the D3S/D4, I'd have considered the D3S over the D4 in terms of pricing as well as the ability to use back the same batteries my D2X uses to cut down on costs. Alas, decided too late, Nikon SG stopped bringing in D3S and I gotten the D4 instead.

Words can't convince you much you need to test it out, but doubt any D3S users will have time to meet up and let you get the 'high' of it. Nikon flagships, hardly go wrong.

A D3/D3S would probably last you a good years until D5 or D6S is released.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123