Thread: Digital prints

Default Digital prints

Hi all,

Would like to send my photos for printing. Would like to know if konica, fujifilm or kodak produce better prints, in terms of color and machine auto adjustments? If lets say I send my photo to 2 different kodak shop using same model, will the prints turn out to be the same? Does the person who do the printing plays an important role in the printing, or is it just the machine?

For the case that if you send your photo to two different KODAK, color may turn out different. This happens to me.

id send to FDI... fuji digital imaging shops.

recently I sent to Beautiful Memorries at standford house, fast and very good quality print but a bit costly. kind of like the luster paper they used instead of normal glossy or matt paper

Quote Originally Posted by bigtummy
    For the case that if you send your photo to two different KODAK, color may turn out different. This happens to me.

Same for FujiFilm. Tried that on the same day with Beautiful Memories and KT Imaging, BM come out more accurate in colour but a little faint red seen, while the KT one is slightly yellow cast. Note that both files I send are the same, both told not to adjust for anything.

I like my pictures printed without editing, only cropping done on my own. I do not bother about how it looks on my monitor, but how it will turn out uneditted (less cropping as it does not change colour).

Quote Originally Posted by freeworld
    recently I sent to Beautiful Memorries at standford house, fast and very good quality print but a bit costly. kind of like the luster paper they used instead of normal glossy or matt paper
    felt the need to correct somethings here..

for fuji crystal archive Supreme papers, there's only glossy and lustre. no matte.

so.... basically printing at BM is the same as printing elsewhere.
    some might say it's the man behind the machine but with a properly calibrated monitor, u can just bypass manual correction at the point of printing

print quality wise it's about the same when it comes to digital images. (it's the machine at work here. there's no one handling ur film)
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown

for fuji crystal archive Supreme papers, there's only glossy and lustre. no matte.

some might say it's the man behind the machine but with a properly calibrated monitor, u can just bypass manual correction at the point of printing

print quality wise it's about the same when it comes to digital images. (it's the machine at work here. there's no one handling ur film)
    they just name their matte finish as lustre.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown

Thanks for the correction... I learn something new
    Just to confirm...believe glossy should be the same everywhere, but is matte and lustre(hope I spell correctly) the same but only diff in naming?

Quote Originally Posted by showtime
    they just name their matte finish as lustre.
    I guess I got the answer to my question