Just bought a YN560 mk2 about 2 weeks ago and decided to test it out at home by shooting objects. Did around 50 shots at 1/32 or 1/16 power over 1 hour or so. Thing is, the flash suddenly shut off (likely due to weak batteries cos they weren't fresh to begin with) and the batteries were too hot to hold!
I don't smell any burning stuff, and I'm letting the flash rest before turning it on again with new batteries, but does anyone have such an experience with the YN560II? Does it consume THAT much power?
The only time batteries have ever gotten that hot was when I drew like 2amps continuously from them for one of my personal projects!