Thread: Spring In The City

Default Spring In The City

At Raffles City

Taken from the Raffles City website..

Shaanxi Costume Troupe 1 16 February (except 8 10 February)
    Let the Shaanxi Costume Troupe take you down memory lane in
    theatrical costumes from the past including bronze armour wear and elaborate dresses of various dynasties. History has never been so visually spectacular!

Little Egret Folk Dance Troupe 17 23 February
    Famed for its rich performing style with distinct South Fujian features, the Little Egret Folk Dance Troupe has performed for luminaries including President Jiang Zemin and Premier Zhu Rongji.

Showtime :
    1pm & 7pm (Tuesday Friday)
    1pm, 4pm & 7pm (Saturday & Sunday)
    No performance on Monday

Good opportunity for indoor shots.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Yeah I suppose so.Or at the very worst, the atrium.But it should be the stage.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the information.

I went there with Prismatic about a week ago, have to go there super early to get a good spot. Else all the old uncles come.

Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    I went there with Prismatic about a week ago, have to go there super early to get a good spot. Else all the old uncles come.
    How early to avoid them?

30-40 min for weekdays? Weekends are a killer. Or if you want you can bring a mini-stool along if you're short or you'll know you'll come late. Saw some of them using it.

For these 2 groups I think it's pretty okay... since there will be here for quite some time. Maybe just avoid the weekends or wait until a few days before their performance end.

From experience, think the weekdays 1pm show are the least crowded (Cos everyone at work mah).30-60mins before the show should be okay. Weekends, you come 2 hours earlier, also got people taking up the centre laio.

I'm okay with people who come super-early just for a good position, and even with guys who uses stools and step-ladders. I'm cool with them. What baffles me are people who comes day after day, 2 twice a day, to shoot at the same performance again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic

I'm okay with people who come super-early just for a good position, and even with guys who uses stools and step-ladders. I'm cool with them. What baffles me are people who comes day after day, 2 twice a day, to shoot at the same performance again and again...
    Maybe they want to get the best possible shots out of each performance. It is also time to get to know more abt yr camera.

What baffles me are people who comes day after day, 2 twice a day, to shoot at the same performance again and again...
    Nope. For the past few performance (I mean different troupe), the 1pm and 7pm performance differ in some segments.
    For the very first troupe, I had to go for 3 time slot to catch the entire performances.

Quote Originally Posted by ken111111
    Nope. For the past few performance (I mean different troupe), the 1pm and 7pm performance differ in some segments.
    For the very first troupe, I had to go for 3 time slot to catch the entire performances.
    Me too. It's hard to get good shots all in one show. Maybe because it is due to my lousy skill. I would usually go there for 2 to 3 times (for eachr group) before I feel it is enough.

Sometime I need to go down twice , one for close up another for full body shoots.

Don't flame me hor, I am new and need to practise more hor

寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

For these 2 groups I think it's pretty okay... since there will be here for quite some time. Maybe just avoid the weekends or wait until a few days before their performance end.

From experience, think the weekdays 1pm show are the least crowded (Cos everyone at work mah).30-60mins before the show should be okay. Weekends, you come 2 hours earlier, also got people taking up the centre laio.

Good. Then I would try to make my way down to the 1pm show.
    Definitely no no for weekends.

Wa.... Like that do wat from 1.30 to 6.30?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Me too. It's hard to get good shots all in one show. Maybe because it is due to my lousy skill. I would usually go there for 2 to 3 times (for eachr group) before I feel it is enough.

Sometime I need to go down twice , one for close up another for full body shoots.

Don't flame me hor, I am new and need to practise more hor

I also new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Wa.... Like that do wat from 1.30 to 6.30?
    I went for the 4 show on 4 different days....
    I forgot I took video during 1 show.

I went for the 4 show on 4 different days....
    I forgot I took video during 1 show.
    4 show on 4 different days.
    Both 1pm and 7pm show?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    4 show on 4 different days.
    Both 1pm and 7pm show?
    Yes. Because there will different performance segment for 1pm and 7pm show.

Yes. Because there will different performance segment for 1pm and 7pm show.
    Oic.

anyone know when would the Shanxi costume fashion show end?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by WideZoom
    anyone know when would the Shanxi costume fashion show end?

Regards.
    You're too late...it ended 2 days ago. (last day of performance was 16 Feb).

Anyways can still go catch the Little Egret Folk Dance Troupe...now on twice daily at 1pm and 7pm with additional show at 4pm on weekends.

Oops...to bad.
    Thanks for the info Garion.