Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help fungus in lens

Deregistered

Default Re: help fungus in lens

sorry to hijack this thread.. how much will it cost to remove the fungus? just realised my lens have something in it too.. hope bro here can help..

Quote Originally Posted by baonana View Post
    sorry to hijack this thread.. how much will it cost to remove the fungus? just realised my lens have something in it too.. hope bro here can help..
    No, we cannot help. We don't know what lens you have and what is the extend of fungus growth. Bring your lens to Service Center (or check the other options in the Services Section) and get a proper assessment there.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by hlkh78

hi kane-rulez, mine is sigma 17-70.
    so if i control the growth and service the lens when the images get impact, will it be ok?
    or service now to save the lens?
    It's really up to u

If u r kiasu person, then service it now. U don't have to go bk to the service center, there are freelance ppl in clubsnap doing this kind of work and their $ should be cheaper than service centre

Quote Originally Posted by hlkh78 View Post
    hi kane-rulez, mine is sigma 17-70.
    so if i control the growth and service the lens when the images get impact, will it be ok?
    or service now to save the lens?
    The Sigma 17-70 is approx. 510$ brand new so if you plan to use this for 18months then get it cleaned now. (if cost to clean it is around 100$)

Reason being that when you sell it later the lens may sell for 200 to 250 $ cheaper than market rates. besides fungus could have gotten worse if you have not taken care. (a dry box requires routine maintenance and monitoring for it to be effective)
    And if you clean it now then you are nipping the problem in the bud and fungus may be easier to clean as the fungus may not have etched the glass yet.
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    It's really up to u

If u r kiasu person, then service it now. U don't have to go bk to the service center, there are freelance ppl in clubsnap doing this kind of work and their $ should be cheaper than service centre
    that mean the lens still can be save when image affected by fungus?
    any good freelance to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by kane-rulez View Post
    The Sigma 17-70 is approx. 510$ brand new so if you plan to use this for 18months then get it cleaned now. (if cost to clean it is around 100$)

Reason being that when you sell it later the lens may sell for 200 to 250 $ cheaper than market rates. besides fungus could have gotten worse if you have not taken care. (a dry box requires routine maintenance and monitoring for it to be effective)
    And if you clean it now then you are nipping the problem in the bud and fungus may be easier to clean as the fungus may not have etched the glass yet.
    pls share with me on routine maintenance for dry box.
    i just got 1 dry box and all i know is to maintain the silica gel and humidity

why waste time monitoring and replacing silica? these times are better spend shooting or doing something else.

u need to put the right amount of silica gels to maintain the RH then keep track of it, once it turns pink you need to change.

might as well spent a $110 or something to get a dry cabinet?

Right. If you can. Go and get a small dry cabinet. Its really not costly less than $120 and comes with many years of warranty. It will be so much better in a long run. Its really only a hundred and abit more..not a thousand...

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Right. If you can. Go and get a small dry cabinet. Its really not costly less than $120 and comes with many years of warranty. It will be so much better in a long run. Its really only a hundred and abit more..not a thousand...
    hi All,just wanna update i have cleaned my lens all by myself after lot researching online and lens now working like new
    but i missed to take photo as i clean as i m really putting lot of concentration while doing it cause i fear of any mistake that damage my lens

actually it was quite easy and just need a sets of precision screw driver will do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12